Police Pwers

DeletedUser529

In the past several weeks in CANADA the police have been in the spot light.....The distance between the Canadian Border and the American border is VAST, so that it is necessary for the American Police to cooperate with the Canadian police etc......When a criminal flees from justice into either Canada or the States Law enforcement officials now have the power to chase them down, when an American law official is chasing their suspect they operate within the law of the country they are in. If a Canadian Police officer chases a criminal into the states they must obey American law and vice versa.....

BUT:

Recently the American Law enforcement agencies have asked the Canadian Law courts to grant immunity for all AMERICAN officers operating in Canada......BUT Canadian Law enforcement MUST obey American Laws.....

==========================================================

In downtown Montreal the Canadian Police Shoot a young 20 year old with a small pocket knife, It seems he was drunk on a street trolley, it was empty and the police had more than a dozen officers on the scene. They shoot the young man 3-9 times, as 9 shoots were heard, THEN THEY TASERED him.......just for good measure......

===========================================================

Out in Alberta police shoot several people, one died from a taser and the other by gunshoot.....This is highly unusual for Canada, but it seems the Canadian law enforcement are adopting shoot first then ask questions......They would appear to be Judge, jury and Executioner.....

DeletedUser529

To me it seem rather OBVIOUS what this CONVERSATION is all about.

Police abusing their powers and the government of various nations using the police as a semi military outfit.....and then slowly over time this police force abuses it's powers over the common citizen and then citizen has dammed few rights, because the police ALWAYS sticks up for each other.

DeletedUser16008

There is no doubt the police state is growing in many places. A large part of this is the usual knee jerk reaction to the people becoming more and more non compliant, especially in developed and now better informed public.

For a long long time the only media was what was beamed by the state for the state, now there is the net and in a few years time more than 50% of info will be gained by people getting it from alternative media, the grip is slipping on the illusion created, I like to call it people waking up from a dream... the way it is being handled is by the only means the powers that be have ever understood ... force and might. Taking freedoms away is a form of exercising this power. It is fear of losing that control and they can only see in 2 dimensions when it needs a whole new system and they fear this BIG TIME.

The problem with this is it is outdated and will not stand the test of time, the people know this they can see it they can feel it and the old order is scared of what it will bring.

The reaction will be to combat it with force as it has always prevailed only this time I really dont think it will last.

An informed and educated public is a defiant one when faced with hard facts and evidence that they have been routinely lied to hung out to dry and kept down. The tighter the grip becomes the more will slip through those fingers.

We live in interesting times, change is in the wind one way or another and you cant put the genie back in the bottle. There are some amazing things being done with technology and science the future is very bright, all it needs is the understanding, cooperation and the will to make that change towards a better world, it will come because that is the only choice in the long run, I hope to live to see it happen.

DeletedUser

I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction. I think it's the government using anything it can as an excuse to increase its power, e.g. the Cold War, the war on drugs, or the war on terror. The sheeple go along with giving up their rights because it makes them feel safe. People seem to have forgotten that old idea that if an enemy makes you change your way of life the enemy has won.

My favorite statistic atm is that you're eight times more likely to be killed by a cop than you are to be killed by a terrorist.

DeletedUser

There isn't really much debate about this. As the others have said it's just the police acting as an arm of the government, increasing their power.

DeletedUser16008

Well knee jerk E in the form of the way its always handled ... I agree its been a steady roll towards 1984 but it moves in leaps every excuse they get thats knee jerk or just calculated timing but its only usually accepted by the sheeple in times they are put in fear.

Ive never been able to understand the publics fear of terrorism its been around since the Roman times and your far more likely to die of thousands of other things than at the hands of a terrorist ... I just don't have a fear of stuff like this ... could be due to being in london during the IRA bombings but life went on every day as normal .. the last thing anyone did was bow down or cower in fear about it.

Guess times have changed but i don't know anyone here afraid of terrorists enough to give up any freedom willingly .... propaganda BS is all it is, never bought into it never will.

Your time comes, it comes, stuff happens with all the other things that can happen I got no time for BS fear tactics from a boogy man under the bed.... stuff that for a life.

DeletedUser529

I was walking around town the other day, when a police officer stopped me and asked me where I was going......I replied with my usual sarcastic comment....None of his bloody business......I was not breaking the law and he had NO right to ask me, especially when it was MY BLOODY DAMMED business.......so I kept walking.......He of course told me to stop right in my tracks, And I said or WHAT, he will taser me or shoot me like the rest of his comrades.......SHOOT first....I said to him he at least asked me the question before he KILLED ME......I refused to turn around and kept walking........and to my amazement he dropped the subject.....I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR COPS.......:mad:

And for your information I am an OLD man.......about 63 years old........I take no BULL from anyone........ESPECIALLY from A BULLY WITH A BADGE......

DeletedUser

Seriously? And that's Canada. I just kinda assumed they were polite.

DeletedUser529

Not too long ago, a Polish guy landed at Vancouver International airport.....

He was very frustrated because he could not speak english, and because of a lack of translators he got a little ticked off and picked up a STAPLER FROM THE COUNTER AND BANGED IT a little too hard.......As a result the police were called, to add insult to injury they TASERED HIM......I guess they didn't like being threatened with a stapler.....welllllllong story short 4 Police tasered him until he died of s stroke.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Dziekański_Taser_incident

In a peaceful sit in, in Toronto during the last G-8 conference, the police kettled a group of protesters, they had HUGE bottle of pressurized Pepper spray and they walked up to this crowd of a hundred people and in mass pepper sprayed them all......they refused hospitalization and in one incident removed a guys false leg so he could not go anywhere.....