poker fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser21720

1. sound would be nice

2. the scroll bar on the right moves too fast. it lists everything that happens. who the dealer is, blind, what cards are, or if you take a pi$$. NOT NECESSARY because...

3. cards arent shown at the end so nobody knows who won, who had what hand, etc unless you scroll back up. the problem with this being that when you do, it keeps bumping you back down because a new entry is listed, i.e. "bc74 will be the dealer," who the blind is, someone bought in for 2k, etc etc etc. so.......

4. show the hands!

5. the board is cleared so fast and the next begins so fast that you dont have time to scroll up and try to fight with it to see what just happened.

6. a timer is needed to be shown for a players turn to call, bet, etc. and then it should say what happened over the players name, not one more entry added to the scroll. i spend all of my time looking over at it to see what happened and not looking at the table.

7. rules? one round i had a 7-J straight. another player had the exact straight. i had high card- A, and he had high card- K. we split the pot. arent you supposed to go with high card, or is it your original 2 cards? clarification, please.

8. hopefully balances will carry over so it actually means something. in game money would be great, to use for buying recipes, clothes, etc. right now you can go all in, lose, then start new with 2k all over again. only thing that counts is your "stats." kind of meaningless unless the sole purpose is just to pass the time.

I think that covers it, and other players chatting in game had the same complaints/ideas.

great game, glad it has been added. now lets perfect it! :)

DeletedUser

7. rules? one round i had a 7-J straight. another player had the exact straight. i had high card- A, and he had high card- K. we split the pot. arent you supposed to go with high card, or is it your original 2 cards? clarification, please.

It's correct as is. Only five cards count, so there's no tie breaker in a five-card hand.

DeletedUser25632

Please read the sticky threads before posting here. Ideas should use the idea form, be well thought out and balanced as well as contributing substantially to the game in comparison the coding effort required. Your idea fails to meet these standards, so please be sure to read the sticky threads and adjust your idea accordingly.

If you wish to add suggestions as to how poker could be improved, please do so in the proper guidelines otherwise your thread will be closed.

DeletedUser

You take the best possible hand with any 5 cards. Any combination of the 5 on the table and the 2 in your hand. The A and K high card are irrelevent when it comes to a straight because you have to have 5 cards in order, (i.e. J-7) If you both had J-7 then it is a split pot.

1. sound would be nice

I agree completely. Specifically a sound for when you turn has been started.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would like if it was possible to look at a table without playing.

DeletedUser24989

i never played poker but i dont think they have timers >.> and for #8, if you can get money from the poker game, then you have to pay real money to get in....so no

DeletedUser28121

i never played poker but i dont think they have timers >.> and for #8, if you can get money from the poker game, then you have to pay real money to get in....so no

No? Isnt that actually the eventual point of this poker thing? :unsure:

DeletedUser21720

all online poker games have a timer. not real money. your characters money earned from jobs. you win, you have more money for purchases, etc. you lose....you lose.

DeletedUser563

I agree with the rolling window complaint we need hand history and hand replayer like pokerstars. 4 color decks show flushes more easily. We also need to see the chips behind the line and that is betted. Also we need to see the winning hand and all the cards dealt there is nothing as irritating as going all in with AA and then you get taken to lobby immediately and have to rebuy to see the result. Also poker tourneys not cash tables. I prefer tourneys as its suits my game more. Cash tables is boring. Perhaps this should be moved to saloon as its more of a discussion than a idea. Its the 5 best cards on the deck or in combination with your own cards as your kicker isnt part of the combination in a straight it therefore have no effect for example I have A of diamonds with Q of spades you have JK of diamonds first 3 cards dealt is diamonds then you lead after the flop fourth card is a spade so you still lead 5th card is another diamond I win because my one card in combination with the 4 diamonds on the board form the better flush combination.

DeletedUser25632

Last time I'll tell you to put your idea into proper guidelines. If it is not in the proper guidelines I will close the thread.

Edit:

I have given you three days since my last comment, this thread is now closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.