please help with newbie handcuffs question

DingleBerry Bunny

I have gone back through all the quests from the sheriff, searched TW-DB, scoured the forum, and asked online. Which quest from the sheriff drops the handcuffs that are needed later for the raid? I have not been able to find it.

The bad thing is, I can't find my handcuffs. But if I remember right ... A while ago I gave you a few... I mean... I lent you a few. You still have those, right? I mean, nobody would have the idea to sell such nice handcuffs just to make a few dollars.
Requires:

Thank You,
DingleBerry Bunny

delldell56

Sheriff used to give you the handcuffs ass a reward for finishing a questline ("handcuffs and beaver fur can make a fun night") but that changed a long time ago. Now you have to find them by yourself (prison guard job, and they are hard to drop) or use the market. and you'll need a second set for a later quest.

DeletedUser

Hi, the handcuff's aren't dropped by the sheriff but got by doing the job "Prison Guard", found under the quest "The Raid" at tw-db.info

DeletedUser

Yeah, the wording of the quest was never revised. As others have said, at one time you got the handcuffs from a quest, but people were tempted to sell them, so the Sheriff said something along the lines of, "I hope you weren't dumb enough to sell them." The quests were changed so that you no longer get them from a quest, but the Sheriff still suggests that you got them from a previous quest. Best bet, get 'Higher Income' and (if you are an Adventurer) get 'Character Bonus' then set up as many 1Hr jobs on Prison Guard as you can, then sit back and hope for the best.