Placement

DeletedUser

What would you say denotes a good place for a town? What jobs, landscape or area do you think is best.

~GOG

DeletedUser

my two cents:

If you want to duel make it close to other towns or else you will have to travel far. If you don't want to duel make it far away so players don't waist their time when they could be working/dueling someone closer. There are no towns yet but most people start in the east so if this world is like world two most towns will be in the east.

Also being in the center of your continent makes it easier to find jobs because if you are on the side you have to go to the next continent to see the jobs even if they are very close

DeletedUser

Also being in the center of your continent makes it easier to find jobs because if you are on the side you have to go to the next continent to see the jobs even if they are very close

That's a very good tip I think.

Since this is a very laggy game, people don't bother to go check the map next to your land. I don't.

A guy from SOD posted once that you should find a place with a mountain, a river, and a forest nearby so you'll have many jobs nearby as you and your town's folks level up.

Don't know anything about it myself since I'm still a beginner and know very little about this game, but hey why not? :cool:

DeletedUser

If you want to duel make it close to other towns or else you will have to travel far. If you don't want to duel make it far away so players don't waist their time when they could be working/dueling someone closer.

Several flaws with that idea.

1. It doesn't take long for every continent grid to fill up. You will always be near and far from towns.

2. If you found a town before many are created, you can just keep spending money on out-of-town hotels, and duel players far away. You can duel them instantly, but they'll have to travel to your town in order to duel you, and if you kill them off before they reach your town, they'll start back all over again at their own town. You'd be untouchable during that time until a town is founded near your own with duelists coming after you from there.

DeletedUser

Several flaws with that idea.

1. It doesn't take long for every continent grid to fill up. You will always be near and far from towns.

2. If you found a town before many are created, you can just keep spending money on out-of-town hotels, and duel players far away. You can duel them instantly, but they'll have to travel to your town in order to duel you, and if you kill them off before they reach your town, they'll start back all over again at their own town. You'd be untouchable during that time until a town is founded near your own with duelists coming after you from there.

Respectfully, I have to disagree.
1. Look at world 2 and compare how many towns are in the west vs the east. The difference is huge and even if you are always near and far from towns the thing is you are near or far from more or less towns
2. Sure, I guess many duelers thought about what you said. And it all works out except one glitch. Let's say you are happily hunting away, sleeping in strange beds and taking considerable amounts of money. And in one of this days you upset one big group of people that decides to make sure they either take back what you took or make their revenge. They send their soldiers and duelers to get you and they kill you. You lost all your money simple because you had no town of yours near enough to dump your treasure in.
And then again there is the other possibility - to start losing fights and take in considerable damage. How much time would it take to get back in the middle of things?

DeletedUser

While disagreeing with me, you overlooked whom and what I was disagreeing with.

The whole point of the matter with non-dueling players, is that there will always be towns surrounding you, when the previous post sounded as if that wasn't a possibility. As I've stated before, it doesn't take long for the map to fill up, either. I point you to look at world 1(know that world 2 has 3/4 the players[and probably the same amount of inactives]).

As a duelist, fighting and sleeping should be your main concerns. I'm not saying you can't do other things, but the idea so far has been rather black and white. You've got eight-hour periods for which you cannot be attacked. Now, once again, the previous post was talking about offensive dueling, and building closer to other towns, coupled with the idea that other players wouldn't feel like traveling that far. If they did, and you're asleep when they arrive, your other town members can warn you about what players are showing up at your town.

Aside from that, it is not as if you couldn't just leave your town every so number of days, and use that time to travel back, rejoin and deposit your earnings. If you started losing fights, just get back on your feet, or quit and run back home for a little more training. That, or leave your town every day when you go to sleep, so that you're not open for attack first thing you wake up, or waste an extra $10 to make sure you have 16 hours for you to be prepared before waking up(at which point you can quit at any time).

It all takes a considerable amount of planning on your part. One player would probably fair better than several who would need both communication and timing to get you off-guard.

DeletedUser

my two cents:

Town members get to know where their local jobs are, you don't want a town in the corner of the world though!

That mountain, water, woods thing; too early in the game to see if it's going to work out, I doubt it though. there are plenty of any landscape without all the appropriate jobs. SOD are successful for other reasons. Also bear in mind that if you figure out some good requirements for placing you're not going to post it here!

Town placement needs to be in line with town strategy.

This is starting to bug me, is it duelist of dueller? I think it's a dueller.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is starting to bug me, is it duelist of dueller? I think it's a dueller.....

I don't know. Step outside so we can settle this.:D

There are certain observations that can help you plan town location apart from distance to other towns and the whole dueling thing.

DeletedUser

What would you say denotes a good place for a town? What jobs, landscape or area do you think is best.

~GOG

Here are some few of my suggestions:

1. What kind of jobs should your Town be located?
Jobs that are given as a quests, OR you can try the following:
  • Jobs with high wages.
  • Jobs with high experience.
  • Jobs with high luck.
2. What kind of landscapes should your Town be located?

I don't really know, OR you could try the following:
  • Grassland
  • Rivers
  • Mountains
  • Deserts
  • Plains
I know I didn't helped you that much, but keep in mind the following:

• If you want your Town to be known througout the world, invite the best players in your town.
  • If you want your Town to have the best Town Members, research their history or background before inviting them.
  • If you want your Town to have one of the highest Town Points, think ahead and become a good leader.
  • Remember that Teamwork is the key in this game!
  • If you want your Town to be safe from Bandits, keep away from big Towns.
I hope you goodluck!