Pint-West

• Thread starter DeletedUser10095
  • Start date

DeletedUser22685

what about making those stuff searchable :D
Nice idea anyways

Already been suggested and submitted, I believe. No idea why nothing has been done about it since it's an extremely minor but very useful change.

DeletedUser

I guess the devs are working on other things since they know a lot of players are already using scripts that perform these functions.

DeletedUser22685

I guess the devs are working on other things since they know a lot of players are already using scripts that perform these functions.

You mean like monthly tombolas? I can't see where else the time is going.

DeletedUser

You mean like monthly tombolas? I can't see where else the time is going.

That is exactly what I meant, since we're having more of these every year. Surely you can see why those tombolas are more appealing to the devs than these problems that players have been trying to work around for a long time now.

DeletedUser22685

That is exactly what I meant, since we're having more of these every year. Surely you can see why those tombolas are more appealing to the devs than these problems that players have been trying to work around for a long time now.

Of course I can see why, but that doesn't mean I like it or that I think it's a good long term development strategy.

MFRavenhawk

FYI...seems the newest update to twdb's clothcalc now includes a pinning function. Fairly crude and basic, just a pushpin icon at the top of the inventory screen.

Click it to activate the 'pinning function', then click on the items you want pinned...then click again to deactivate.

Your pinned items remain in the top of your 'new' (default) inventory screen for future use and immediate reference.

DeletedUser

I use this on tw-db and I like it. I don't understand why Tw-db can do these things in an overnight update but Inno can't seem to implement any of these ideas as easily.

DeletedUser30224

I use this on tw-db and I like it. I don't understand why Tw-db can do these things in an overnight update but Inno can't seem to implement any of these ideas as easily.

I'm guessing that is because Inno has other games as well and they have never been good at listening to our ideas, or if they had they have never acted on them in time, while tw-db is a small team who actually plays the game and can do these changes without much fuss. In any organization I reckon, there's quite allot of bureaucracy to go through before such a small update can even be brought to attention. In all fairness, that is to be expected, InnoGames have multiple games to maintain and I'm guessing resources are spare. Or maybe not, I really don't know.

DeletedUser22685

I'm guessing that is because Inno has other games as well and they have never been good at listening to our ideas, or if they had they have never acted on them in time, while tw-db is a small team who actually plays the game and can do these changes without much fuss. In any organization I reckon, there's quite allot of bureaucracy to go through before such a small update can even be brought to attention. In all fairness, that is to be expected, InnoGames have multiple games to maintain and I'm guessing resources are spare. Or maybe not, I really don't know.

The development of other games isn't a factor. Each Inno game is the responsibility of a dedicated team of designers and developers who have nothing to do with Inno's other projects. Staffing isn't an issue either, as there are more than enough devs working on The West at the moment to roll out a simple update such as this one.

If I were a dev, these simple, popular player-requested changes would be one of my major priorities. IMO making the players happy and showing them that their opinions actually count is easily worth the small amount of time and effort that needs to go into something as minor as enabling an inventory pinning feature.

DeletedUser36559

As long as they have regular paying customers they will still keep minting money whatever things they implement even if it's right or wrong. Forum members are a tiny proportion of the entire playerbase. It's their game and they will only cherry pick the most viable ideas for what suits them and also things which improve gameplay for players.