Piece of a Note (Part 3)

• Thread starter The Yellow Dart
  • Start date

DeletedUser

how many labour points did you have ?

can i go throught with 20 or do i need 100+ ?

DeletedUser

ye =/
for us to know any good things we must get there with a translator and check topics wich seems interesting (what I've done a few times)
Yeah,..
I tried my luck using a translator..Unfortunately..No luck..
Every post contains crap :(

DeletedUser17156

i found piece of a note part 3 while firefighting.
i also have part 2 from a quest at level 49...
still looking for 3. dunno how else to get it.
cueballxe, world9

DeletedUser

A little tip without giving anything major away:

You cannot "find" part 3. You do not get it from working a job.

Please don't accuse me of spoiling anything. No player should have to search, search, search, search, and keep searching for something that literally cannot be "found." That's just wrong. :(

DeletedUser

Here this will sum up the note pieces easily without giving away any of the good parts.

Piece of note part 1: It is a lucky random item find. When you work jobs that have a high luck, there is a chance that you will find this just like finding free equipment. It is NOT a job product, just a lucky find.

Piece of note part 2: It is a product acquired from doing a job. Simple, easy, so get to work.

Piece of note part 3: To get this, you have to do a super secret quest that has some particular specific requirements to unlock. Its kinda like a class quest that has a specific server time, day, and requirements needed to unlock/complete it, just like all the other good, pain in the butt, type of quests. That is all that can be said about this, so good luck.

These all tie into getting Hernando's sword. Please note that there are two quests in which you have to choose a specific decision or else you will never be capable of getting the sword. These two quests are talked about in many threads within the forum. The funny thing is I got lucky enough to stumble upon the information about the quests for the sword and by chance I chose the correct quest paths, but alas I do not have enough luck to find piece 1 at all yet lol. I have seen the sword on a player before and it IS REALLY worth all the trouble you may go through. Hopefully this clears up a few things and gives a decent explanation, but does not expose any secrets the devs might not want to be known publicly. Respect The West's secrets. Good luck to all.

DeletedUser

Hernando's Sword: Possible Waste of Your Time?

I will dispute one common myth circulating around the forums...

Hernando's Sword is not "the best weapon in the game." "Best" is a relative term, and Hernando's Sword can end up being an unnecessary obsession for you if you meet any of the following criteria:

1. You're a shooting dueler.
If your Vigor is at a base value of less than 40 or so, you're going to end up plunking down a ton of cash on respec'ing to Vigor. Please remember that the Sword is only as awesome as your Vigor allows it to be. With less than 100 Vigor, you're not really a great threat to most experienced players -- Sword or no Sword. A Precise Colt Buntline can go toe-to-toe with Hernando's sword in most situations.

2. You're not a premium player.
I have to be completely honest about this: Finding Piece 1 of the note is entirely up to chance. Players with the energy premium are roughly 50% more likely to find it in a given day than those players without Energy premium (because you are working 50% more each day!). You're also going to want to be as lucky as possible. Being an Adventurer with the Class Bonus Premium makes finding the note a lot "easier" (not easy, though!!). Premiums are a good thing. Without Premiums, it's not impossible to find the note, but you're going to really, really hate working low income jobs for a month with only mediocre items to show for it.

3. You're not really a dueler.
Yes, I know you *could* respec your character. I know that anyone can decide to be a dueler down the line. I realize these things -- but I also realize that the reason most of you want the Sword is because of its "wow" factor. Step back and ask yourself: will having the Sword really improve my game experience enough to warrant months of working the same 2-3 luck jobs over and over, day-in and day-out? When I say it could take months, I mean it could take many, many, many months, for the record.

My World 1 Experience:
My world 1 character found two Piece 1's in less than a week. I know exactly how much luck you need and how many LP to pair with it*. I took this info into 4 other worlds, and so far NONE of those characters have found Note 1 -- after months of searching, even with prior experience under my belt. I would hate to imagine that there are people out there pining over the Sword, when it won't really do anything to help their game in the end. My World 1 character's Sword was equipped for literally 1 week. I spent $20-30K switching to Vigor, and as soon as I could, I switched back to Shooting. I'm more comfortable with firearms, and the current meta is full of Resistance players who specialize in Toughness -- two good reasons for me to have hung the sword up for good.

As far as the "wow" factor goes... I have Hernando's Sword. I also have an extra Note 1. Do you really care? Does anyone? Should anyone? Nope.

*Please don't ask me for this information. I'm not being mean... I'm just really tired of being asked every single day, and I am not going to post it in the forums (that's considered a spoiler and the post would be deleted, anyhow).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A Precise Colt Buntline can go toe-to-toe with Hernando's sword in most situations.

You're leaving out one situation: Levels 53-77, which is a very large situation, or 53-74 for a non-premium soldier, 53-71 for a premium soldier, although you already took premium out of the equation with the next one. Every first note part 1 I've found on a world was before level 53.

2. You're not a premium player.

I completely disagree with that one. You seem to think you can find part 1 by looking for it. About the only worlds where I haven't found it are the two where I'm looking for it [I've found 8 or 9 on 5 worlds]. The fact is, the note is cheap and can be found on relatively low luck jobs (52%+) with or without premium. The sword being harder to acquire doesn't make it less useful.

DeletedUser

I completely disagree with that one. You seem to think you can find part 1 by looking for it. About the only worlds where I haven't found it are the two where I'm looking for it [I've found 8 or 9 on 5 worlds]. The fact is, the note is cheap and can be found on relatively low luck jobs (52%+) with or without premium. The sword being harder to acquire doesn't make it less useful.

True enough -- like I said -- it's not impossible to find Note 1's without premium; but, statistically, it takes longer (50% longer for the aforementioned reason). I'll agree that this fact doesn't make the Sword less useful. My only point was that searching actively for the Note wastes time you could be spending on other, more enjoyable pursuits. For me, I'd rather be dueling, questing, fort'ing and networking than working a series of 60%-ish luck jobs in cycles for three months. Too bad it took me months to discover this fact (which is why I pass it on).

It all comes down to luck and having the "right" Luck/LP combo (and not getting all of the other items in the Note's luck range!). If you don't have a specific reason for wanting the Sword (not "because it's 1337!"), then don't search for it. Simple as that. Getting it is not a "rite of passage" in The West. It's just an optional quest. That's what a lot of players forget... the sword won't "make you a good dueler." That's not what it's for.

DeletedUser

In worlds where I have pure shooting characters, finding note part 1 wasn't difficult. I got about 3 on either worlds which I don't need really. I can't be bothered to complete the quests for the sword too, exp rankings mean a lot to me.:laugh: The thing is, when I want to find note part 1 for world/s that I have a melee character, luck seems to be avoiding me. Unlike those pure dex/shooters which have both exp/money/luck jobs like Ambush Stagecoach/Robbing Trains, melee weapon users can have as much luck with low exp, low paying jobs like Grave Robber.:mad:

DeletedUser

dont understand why folk who really cant be bothered figuring it out dont just google it as they are obviously using the net any way

DeletedUser16002

Why did you bump a thread that is 6 months old... Ive found note part 3 so its not really a mystery anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you have something more to say about the piece of note 3 please do it, but I will not allow other posts than the ones related to the subject. Please stay on topic.