phrase changer

DeletedUser

this is a test on a game i just thought might be fun....
1)please don't randomly state that the game is rubbish, or trash because you may not think it is fun... others may like it... if you don't wish to play, simply do not post

2)here is the game... i will post a phrase, then the next person who posts will post the same things but can make 1 change to the phrase...

3) the one who posts can: change 1 word in the phrase, add a word, or take away a word...the changes can be as simple as changing dead to deed... or as complex as changing boy to anticipation....
also: punctuation may be removed, inserted, or changed when needed

4) the phrase cannot be complete gibberish.... ex:
the duck para sailed over the grand canyon wearing blue shorts and a geeky Indian... that is okay... ex: the fishing blue here is verb are happy california.... that is not acceptable, when i say that the sentence must make sense, i mean that a verb cannot be where a noun is needed... if the part of speech that the word is, matches the part of speech needed for that spot in the sentence, it is okay...

5) you can make the phrase a fragment, if the adding or changing of one word makes it a complete sentence...

6) you cannot subtract a word from the sentence that someone just added... or add a word to the sentence that someone just subtracted...

7) the phrase may be changed at any point in time where the sentence becomes boring and the changing, adding, or subtracting of a word cannot make it any less boring...
also a new phrase may be started if a single phrase has been carrying on for over 10 pages, and the next poster wishes to change it

8) the starting phrase must make sense... it must be a phrase which is ordinary, or something that could commonly be seen or believed... ex: it is not over till the fat lady sings...
that is an acceptable starting sentence... it, however, cannot be something along the lines of "the fat grandmother slowly tucked her widowed son, Alfred, and his friends, Oliver Twist and the music group, Metallica, into bed with a Popsicle in one hand, a map of Indonesia another, and the will of Jimmy Hoffa in the last... that is not acceptable as a beginning phrase

this is the starting phrase:
over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house we go.

DeletedUser

Over the river and through the woods, to white house we go.

[Could I add a "the" to that so it sounds better?]

DeletedUser

Over the river and through the woods, to white house we go.

[Could I add a "the" to that so it sounds better?]

i believe you could... but the "the" is now attached to the phrase now... if removed "the" must be removed along with it
edit: that is, if "the" is not needed

DeletedUser

Burn the bridge and through the woods, to white house we go

burn the bridge and through the capital, to the white house we go

;) figure out what country it is

DeletedUser

burn the bridge and bomb the capital, to the white house we go

DeletedUser

burn the bridge and bomb the capital, to the white house we march

DeletedUser

build the bridge and bomb the capital, to the white house we march

DeletedUser