petition to reverse 1.32 dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16628

I've now dueled with all of my known builds on w-12-13-11.I'm a winner of more than 85% of my duels or better.I have spent 500+k on respeccs and I'm under water badly.I love the game and will continue to seek what works although I'm finding after repeated duels against the same players that luck plays a bigger part than many may think.This concerns me greatly.Still testing.

DeletedUser16008

So im sitting there for all these duels just to see how random things are..

The toons offline naked and havnt changed a thing in terms of stance ... just letting it ride..

you can make up your own mind how random this is..

duel 1

No hit Strike: Head - 352 HP

No hit
No hit

Strike: Left shoulder - 1 HP No hit

No hit No hit

No hit
No hit

No hit Strike: Head- 357 HP

Strike: Left shoulder - 1 HP No hit

Strike: Left arm
- 1 HP No hit

Total health points- 3 HP Total health points- 709 HP

Victor Kruger wins the duel and gains 190 experience points. NinasShadow did not carry any cash

Duel 2

No hit
Strike: Head- 352 HP

No hit Strike: Head- 362 HP

No hit
No hit

No hit
No hit

Strike: Right shoulder
- 1 HP Strike: Head- 383 HP

No hit No hit

No hit
No hit

No hit Strike: Head- 340 HP

Total health points- 1 HP Total health points- 1437 HP

NinasShadow passes out. Victor Kruger wins the duel and gains 182 experience points. NinasShadow did not carry any cash

Duel 3

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit Strike: Head- 325 HP

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

Strike: Right arm
- 1 HP No hit

No hit Strike: Head- 331 HP

No hit No hit

Total health points
- 1 HP Total health points- 656 HP

Victor Kruger wins the duel and gains 185 experience points. NinasShadow did not carry any cash

Duel 4

Strike: Right shoulder- 1 HP No hit

No hit
No hit

No hit
No hit

Strike: Left arm- 1 HP No hit

No hit No hit

- 1 HP No hit

No hit
Strike: Head- 331 HP

Total health points- 3 HP Total health points- 656 HP

Victor Kruger wins the duel and gains 185 experience points. NinasShadow did not carry any cash

Duel 5

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit
Strike: Head- 329 HP

- 1 HP No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

Total health points- 1 HP Total health points- 654 HP

Victor Kruger wins the duel and gains 181 experience points. NinasShadow did not carry any cash

Duel 6

Strike: Right shoulder- 1 HP No hit

No hit No hit

Strike: Left shoulder
- 1 HP No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit Strike: Head- 329 HP

No hit No hit

Strike: Left arm- 1 HP No hit

Total health points- 3 HP Total health points- 329 HP

Duel 7

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

- 1 HP No hit

Strike: Right shoulder
- 1 HP No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

Total health points
- 2 HP

No hit NinasShadow wins the duel, gains 432 experience points and steals $448 from Victor Kruger.

Basically from what I can see there is a total randomness here. Still testing as always but have come to the conclusion the only build worth dueling with is resist on par... you get more duels in due to reduced damage, the random luck factor was always there before anyway but your likely to be better off than previously.... the other builds are a waste of time as the random pattern just negates their effectiveness... also the other reason for resist is its the only build that doesn't seem to be affected by tactics you always got in a hit or two and now its even easier to get more in... you can with enough resist points guarantee enough hits to win a duel 90 % of the time no problem. and its the least skillful build, the easiest to run and the most boring to play but it gets the best results now NO QUESTION

I have to say Inno WTF are you playing at ?

DeletedUser

Judge R Bean
Level 120
Duelling level 272

covert cheetah
Level 120
Duelling level 207
Challenger
No hit
- 226 HP
No hit
- 191 HP
- 239 HP
- 198 HP
- 242 HP
- 247 HP
No hit
- 224 HP
- 256 HP
- 240 HP
No hit
- 248 HP
- 242 HP
- 220 HP
Total health points
- 979 HP
Total health points
- 1794 HP
Judge R Bean wins the duel, gains 87 experience points and steals $6 from covert cheetah.

Both ranged, I'm set-up resist to only duel melee, 36 reflex - 18 dodging - 15 tactics - 30 appearance, covert is regular, before update I didn't stand a hope in hell of winning. I've simply been lucky and every hit location has been correct, what happened to their appearance, dodging and aim? Didn't exactly lower my chance to land a hit. Complete nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Aye heres another example of guessing correct attacking me this time im on another world with my fav cha build

Victor Kruger
Level 120
Duelling level 170
chen1234
Level 120
Duelling level 192

Challenger
Strike: Right arm - 234 HP No hit

- 203 HP No hit

Strike: Right arm- 241 HP No hit

No hit Strike: Left shoulder- 103 HP

Strike: Right arm- 250 HP No hit

- 217 HP No hit

Strike: Right arm- 177 HP Strike: Right shoulder- 126 HP

No hit No hit

Total health points
- 1322 HP

Total health points
- 229 HP

chen1234 wins the duel, gains 235 experience points and steals $390 from Victor Kruger.

With 170 + tactics prem activated and 120 dodge how the hell is a basic resist able to hit someone in the top 15 tactics ranking so much.... just by guessing the right aim spots ? if so WTF are other skills there for to add to the chance they MAY miss ? ... good luck to him & all that but as Da Judge just said its ridiculous ..

DeletedUser16008

Version 1.33 is not far away from release now, and we’ve received some important news: the new duel formula is planned for activation! The exact formulas have always been shrouded in secrecy and this revision will be no different, however we have been informed of the basic changes. According to the developers the formula is more a series of tweaks than a new invention, with the following skills expected to be balanced:
Stronger: Aim, Dodge
Weaker: Appearance, Tactics, Toughness, Reflex
These changes should favour “traditional” ranged duellers with high aiming, shooting and dodging in exchange for appearance and tactics taking a hit. (Perhaps that is favourable where “split skills” for challenging and defending are no longer as influential…) Resistance duellers and dedicated charisma builds may feel a pinch though, arguably not a bad thing in terms of game balance.
Tip of the day: your stance greatly affects your aiming and dodging ability!

[Translate]

Posted in Community, Development by Diggo11 | 4 Comments »

Care to at least admit that Charisma was indeed activated and nerfed in update 1.32 ?

PS it wont change much re balance because the dex shooter build will now own everyones ass ..... yeeesh you guys

DeletedUser

On the contrary Victor, it "is" a balancing direction. Melee duelers have two distinct strengths via strength. A build focusing almost entirely on strength results in a character that takes little damage (toughness) and has a buttload of hps (health points). With my previous melee builds I could duel 30+ people at a session and still end up with more remaining hps than an uninjured range dueler. The present build strongly favors a medieval theme, not a gunslinging theme.

This change is sorely needed. Seriously, bringing a knife to a gunfight SHOULD be a losing proposition.

DeletedUser16008

On the contrary Victor, it "is" a balancing direction. Melee duelers have two distinct strengths via strength. A build focusing almost entirely on strength results in a character that takes little damage (toughness) and has a buttload of hps (health points). With my previous melee builds I could duel 30+ people at a session and still end up with more remaining hps than an uninjured range dueler. The present build strongly favors a medieval theme, not a gunslinging theme.

This change is sorely needed. Seriously, bringing a knife to a gunfight SHOULD be a losing proposition.

I think youve misunderstood me ... resist always needed nerfing...its been promised for years and nothing changed..... thats long overdue ....

What your saying about the melee duleler having the advantage tho is just wrong... shooters always owned them if built right...

Nerfing App was a dumb move as hardly anyone has very high app and tactics were and are a pain to get round without the app calculation ... believe me i know I have a cha dueler melee duelers shooters the lot....

the simple fact now after all this time is the shooter still owns and now its gonna be more prevalent...

If it were me id have just nerfed the resist skills and left cha tactics and app well alone its made no sense to do nerf cha ...

Mark my words the Dex shooter will own everyones ass... and thats me as i have been waiting with money ready for a final respec when they got around to it ...so dont say i didnt warn you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.