petition to reverse 1.32 dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9470

Lmao

9344450_8142_625x625.jpg

no, nothing has changed, vic is getting his rear handed on a plate as before!
totally normal...

DeletedUser1121

How would you know if there is anything wrong with this?
Do you know the exact builds and dodge/aim spots of this duel?

You are making a big drama about stuff you know nothing about.
Everytime you start loosing duels, you either quit, go in vacation mode or come crying here.

Diggo told you nothing has changed. What else do you want?

DeletedUser16008

I should point out that the day before king attacked me on two other occasions ... same kit etc and the results were very different .... a reverse almost.. someone with around 200 tactics prem activated and good dodge and aim should not get hit like that by anyone not in the top 15 for certain skills. I know this ive been dueling awhile... and this was yesterday as youd expect a top tactics duel to go.

Total health points
- 1143 HP

Total health points
- 1839 HP Victor Kruger wins the duel and gains 39 experience points. King Sol did not carry any cash and Victor Kruger walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 637 HP

Total health points
- 1976 HP Victor Kruger wins the duel and gains 77 experience points. King Sol did not carry any cash and Victor Kruger walks away without taking any money.

I rank # 8 in tactics and soldier prem ... I chat with king & his build is nothing special...

All 3 duels nothing changed in kit etc for either of us much other than a few buffs ( both using ) in the words of king himself WTF ! lol

I know what my ability on def is... far as i can tell the duel was reversed as it would normally play out ... i was hit 50% of the time where I was dodging ... the duel makes no sense whatsoever.

Now i dont really care what diggo is being told but im telling you something has changed ... that duel i just lost is the hardest ive ever been hit on any world and while i was in full def mode ... it should not be possible... unless you give it the luck / duel reversal factor.

Nor am I really bothered but it is rather annoying when you have a bounty on your head and by sheer luck someone can come and take it .... thats just plain wrong.

Actually desi i suspect it is you that have no idea what your talking about. Just because someone says something does not make it true. What more do you need than proof from consistent duelers that indeed something has changed. You acting all smarmy and the like does you no justice whatsoever ... one thing Neo knows far more than you about is dueling and what does and doesn't happen in a duel ... you should concede that point instead of spouting rubbish faced with hard facts in answer. All I am hearing is nothings changed yet certain duelers are telling and showing you different ... or did we all get our asses handed to us this last week because we all forgot how to duel or spec ?Whatever ill adapt etc but i am past caring about the skill aspect of this game ... its been nerfed to the point of the ridiculous and may as well roll a dice ...I dont do games of chance sorry, innos had my last nugget and certainly when the staff say one thing yet the proof says something totally different ... i dont like being told nothings changed when i have first hand experience and knowledge of how things work for the past 3 years ... nothings changed ...........BS

Duels posted by kind permission of King Sol & who happens to be a cool dude and a good dueler.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

How would you know if there is anything wrong with this?
Do you know the exact builds and dodge/aim spots of this duel?

Everytime you start loosing duels, you either quit, go in vacation mode or come crying here.

Diggo told you nothing has changed. What else do you want?

How would I know?
My little finger told me?

Do I know the builds?
Yes roughly, I do know them!

I know nothing about dueling?
If I know nothing about dueling then you are absolutely clueless my friend.

If you relate me being on vac mode to me losing 2 duels on w1 then you are mistaken.
Don't assume ;)

What else do I want?
I have already stated what I want. it is very clearly written in plain simpleton English for you.
I shall say again for you if you like:
-I want the system to be reversed back to prior 1.32, so as to make dueling linear with amount of skills again.
-I want our community managers/devs to stop lieying to us. its clear Ashock is lieying as it is clear the system HAS been changed.
-It would be nice for community managers to listen to their COMMUNITY (I thought that was a community managers job). when a lot of experienced players give an insight on what is happening ingame it would be nice that you listen. instead of snarling and jeering in peoples faces.
btw forget about winning best community support award, Im guessing you wont even come close.

-And most importantly, the main question you guys are doing everything you can to ignore, Ive asked this question more than 3 times now:

WHY IS CHARISMA DUELING BEING CHANGED AT ALL?

DeletedUser

So this topic is a whole lot of whining about nothing. :laugh:
I wonder what would happen if everyone start asking for explanation from
GM after losing a duel.:rolleyes:
Oh And most of the players don't even bother posting in the forum.
Few whiners do not represent whole community.

DeletedUser

So, seems we'll get London riots here after all eh? :)

Anyways
Because it's unfair, overpowered, unbalanced, name it... that charisma dueling is won by soldier defender because of (tactics*2-appearance)*aim while the attacker can't get by any means his appearance higher than soldier's tactics to be at least near defender's multiplication. So it will not multiply in the new system. It'll just add so it doesn't nullify another player's utterly useless skill in the current system - dodging.
Although some believe that dodging is the most important duel skill and some that it's the ultimate skill that makes ppl win. But it's far from truth. You can win many duels with 0 dodging and lose even more with 200 dodging. What's the purpose of that skill then?

I agree with you and because of that we should have ingame polls over things.

DeletedUser9470

So, seems we'll get London riots here after all eh? :)

Anyways

Because it's unfair, overpowered, unbalanced, name it... that charisma dueling is won by soldier defender because of (tactics*2-appearance)*aim while the attacker can't get by any means his appearance higher than soldier's tactics to be at least near defender's multiplication. So it will not multiply in the new system. It'll just add.

thats complete BS
you tell me how these overpowered charisma soldiers lost every duel to resist duelists?
tell me how these overpowered charisma duelers lost every duel to pure dexterity ranged duelists?
the only 2 other builds worthwhile...

jox the pro duelist!

DeletedUser

thats complete BS
Really? :)

you tell me how these overpowered charisma soldiers lost every duel to resist duelists?
See, that's the reason resistance dueling also gets nerfed. You hit them all 8 times because your tactics is doubled so you can't miss - but the damage you inflict is too low in the current system. Noone said you don't have a point there. ;)

tell me how these overpowered charisma duelers lost every duel to pure dexterity ranged duelists?
you sure in that? I can't confirm it, I mean... noone ever told me that nor shown a report where pure dexterity pwns. in fact, does anyone play pure dex lately or 90% of duelists are resistance?

the only 2 other builds worthwhile...
And I thought that in the current syste, only 2 builds are worthwhile: charisma (appearance+tactics) and strength (vigor, toughness, health)? Well, I am obviously still a newb not seeing any dex or mob pwning duelist. Shall I start a new character, let's say pure mob+reflex, and you'll believe me I pwn with it without seeing any report? I doubt it.

jox the pro duelist!
I'm not pro duelist. Nor I plan to be within the current system. It's too cheesy. :)

DeletedUser9470

I'm not pro duelist. :)

indeed...

so why do you claim to know that charisma is overpowered when you havent got any understanding of dueling?

thats like me butting in to tell you you cant add up labour points and drop rates...
i wouldnt do that, as you know I dont understand nor do i care about LP or drop rates...
too cheesy
;)

DeletedUser

Elmyr, I adore you too. :razz:
:D
so why do you claim to know that charisma is overpowered when you havent got any understanding of dueling?
Neo, please reread a bit, eh? Not charisma itself. Never was charisma itself. It's the certain bonus. ;)
I have no understand of dueling, yea, right. If you don't care for something, if you disagree with others who do it all day long, if you say it's cheesy and unbalanced and bring up exactly what is cheesy and unbalanced - that means you don't understand it? Seriously Neo? :)

DeletedUser16008

So this topic is a whole lot of whining about nothing. :laugh:
I wonder what would happen if everyone start asking for explanation from
GM after losing a duel.:rolleyes:
Oh And most of the players don't even bother posting in the forum.

Cool if you think its about nothing, i guess your not much cop at dueling either. :laugh:

Cant be bothered to explain how a duel works but luck and the game throwing a wildcard into it makes dueling and specific builds a bit pointless...shame really but hey ho im past caring, on to other things

DeletedUser

Funny how noobs predict someones game knowledge by counting forum posts.:)
Anyway I see two separate issues here.If anyone can prove that luck factor in dueling
has dramatically increased there will be plenty of support for this petition.But for the
alleged change in Charisma,there won't be any.:no:

DeletedUser16008

How do you prove luck is now a factor ? unless you take a constant and notice a marked difference. Given that the few posters here duel more than probably everyone on the forums combined id say its pretty obivious. I already proved it ya noob :razz: or are you blind as well as stupid ?

I get it your not a Cha dueler so dont give a stuff, well neither am i on other worlds but that dont make it right.

DeletedUser

You and Neo are Cha dueler.To prove that luck factor has changed you have to show
duels between other builds too.[between dex and resist for example]

Anyway good luck getting public support by calling people blind or stupid.:)
There's a sore lo**r if I have ever seen one....

DeletedUser1121

How would I know?
My little finger told me?

Do I know the builds?
Yes roughly, I do know them!

I know nothing about dueling?
If I know nothing about dueling then you are absolutely clueless my friend.
a
If you relate me being on vac mode to me losing 2 duels on w1 then you are mistaken.
Don't assume ;)

What else do I want?
I have already stated what I want. it is very clearly written in plain simpleton English for you.
I shall say again for you if you like:
-I want the system to be reversed back to prior 1.32, so as to make dueling linear with amount of skills again.
-I want our community managers/devs to stop lieying to us. its clear Ashock is lieying as it is clear the system HAS been changed.
-It would be nice for community managers to listen to their COMMUNITY (I thought that was a community managers job). when a lot of experienced players give an insight on what is happening ingame it would be nice that you listen. instead of snarling and jeering in peoples faces.
btw forget about winning best community support award, Im guessing you wont even come close.

-And most importantly, the main question you guys are doing everything you can to ignore, Ive asked this question more than 3 times now:

well, this about killed the discussion. just call everyone a liar.
good way to bring across your point. that will make people take you seriously.

if you don't believe any of us, it has no use to convince you otherwise.

you just stay and continue to life in your own little world and keeper making ridiculous demands.

DeletedUser16008

You and Neo are Cha dueler.To prove that luck factor has changed you have to show
duels between other builds too.[between dex and resist for example]

Anyway good luck getting public support by calling people blind or stupid.:)
There's a sore lo**r if I have ever seen one....

Naa now your just trolling i dont care that i lost :p just that it was down to luck nothing else makes any sense and that my friend is BS.

Dont be a noob i dont have to prove anything further ive done my bit... ... nor am i interested in public support ... im used to the game goalposts being changed I just dont like liars ... given that i take things by experiencing them for myself and the mods are being told by the developers nothing has changed somewhere one or more of the following has happened.

A The Mods are being lied to and the devs know different

B We are being lied to and the mods AND devs know different

C The devs have either screwed up and theres a serious bug in their new calcs or its just sheer incompetence, either way the standard answer is naaa nothings changed as a cop out ...

I go for option C

Funny thing is the devs say something and despite obvious proof saying otherwise the standard story is oh it must be the player of course......

Look as Desi below here whining that they arnt believed ? of course not ... why ? because some players have noticed a marked difference and its not your usual noob players but some that know what dueling is about ...

Listen you can tell me what you like about it being a chicken cos yo mama told you so. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... im saying its a duck :D

DeletedUser1121

Funny thing is the devs say something and despite obvious proof saying otherwise the standard story is oh it must be the player of course......
I have checked this before. There have been questions about the duelling system that go back to March 2011. I am actually surprised that the questions only started coming here since 1.32

Here is a nice example: http://forum.the-west.nl/showthread.php?t=25464
It is a thread on the Dutch forum.

Look as Desi below here whining that they arnt believed ? of course not ... why ? because some players have noticed a marked difference and its not your usual noob players but some that know what dueling is about ...

If I can't believe the people i work with, then there isn't any reason for me to do this work at all. Just remember we are volunteers. If I want a bunch of lies and political stuff, I will go to my actual job.

There is no reason for me not to believe them. And a few reports isn't going to change that.

DeletedUser9470

well, this about killed the discussion. just call everyone a liar.
good way to bring across your point. that will make people take you seriously.
You come out with spitefull BS, and then you tell me that I am calling everyone a liar?!
mmm, let me check.
-I want our community managers/devs to stop lieying to us. its clear Ashock is lieying As it is clear the system HAS been changed.
so Ashock = Everyone for you?
what translator are you using?

Whats your problem with me?
Why are you LYING, saying that I have said things I havent said?

Stop embarrassing yourself!

When I say:

and still you avoid THE question:

9344450_8142_625x625.jpg

no, nothing has changed, vic is getting his rear handed on a plate as before!
totally normal...

Im posting this
Vic has abandoned this debate, as its quite clear peeps are only here to troll and slate others other fictional personal feuds.
new one, same day.
9349641_9af1_625x625.jpg

how is there so much variation in the result?
there is no variation in terms of clothing or skill distribution.
if you dont believe that dueling is the same as playing heads or tails by now...

thats it for me too.
talk all the BS you like, I dont give a stuff any more. dont come complaining in a month about how guns are overpowered, or how resist is overpowered, or how your 200 dodge doesnt do anything against shooters 400 aim...
call this a whine post if you like, just dont bring the cheese in the future... you were warned.

DeletedUser

I think it's a chance thing. high aim / dodge / appearance / tactics all reduce chances.

Toughness and reflex were calculable reductions in damage received.

why does the fight swing back and forth? I think it's purely chance.

was dueling in the wild west a game of chance? I reckon so! that 'n guts! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.