petition to reverse 1.32 dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So.. it will be next update, in a half a year maybe or next revision update. This is kinda major change so maybe next update.

DeletedUser29056

I read somewhere once that there was a *new* duel system going in for new worlds; and a rebalancing of the existing one (aimed at resistance duellers). The changelog says:

"Changes to old duel system".

Are we saying that there were *no* changes at all and the changelog is wrong? Or that the "new" duel system isn't activated, but some other changes were made?

DeletedUser

Are we saying that there were *no* changes at all and the changelog is wrong? Or that the "new" duel system isn't activated, but some other changes were made?

Diggo already explained it in this thread...

It seems both you and Desi would be correct. The new duelling system is configured to be disabled by default, and the tech lead just reviewed the update script and confirmed there was nothing that could enable the new system. Placebo effect it would seem...

Or perhaps not. Today's ninja update should have resolved the "negative skills bug" once and for all, which was causing some players to lose in excess of even 10 attribute points if they owned the fancy soft leg guards. Perhaps this was making a difference on your duels ;)

DeletedUser

Isn't players who are koed and in signed for battle not to show up in the dueling log i can still see people who signed up in fort battle still showing

DeletedUser9470

all this because of those FSLG in my invent?
what a very strange bug.

DeletedUser

Didn´t it give you negative skill points? The FSLG´s (Fancy soft leg guards) gave you that once the stats on them was changed. It has been fixed now, and if It didn´t give you negative skills, then I dunno what all this stuff was about! :blink: :eek:

DeletedUser9470

ive no idea, but it seems that im now getting good results since today, i havent spoken to anyone else...
it wasnt just a dream!...
it was a bloody nightmare!

DeletedUser16008

Things seem to have settled down slightly but still getting very abnormal dueling on cha based toons ... app just dosnt seem to cut it anymore in dueling as a prime skill... nor does dodging seem to be much use ( as always )

Still seems to be based a lot more on dodging stance and pure luck on the variation of the formula of a random number with most skills

DeletedUser9470

i dont believe ashock or Diggo when they say nothing has been changed.

9319748_d3d2_625x625.jpg

before the update this would have been a straight ko, and HJ would have been lucky to land 2 hits.
there is definitely something wrong with the new dueling.

Plain ridiculous a guy 20 levels lower can win against a pure duelist!

anyone interested in a nugget boycott? thats the route im going till this issu is sorted.

DeletedUser

anyone interested in a nugget boycott? thats the route im going till this issu is sorted.
I can join that one but only for my selfish reason that's not related to dueling only. But class bonuses and getting much more with nuggets if soldier and much less if other class.

However it's a bad route, just like all other boycotts, a few will do it, the rest will get "smart" and "abuse" the thing so they can blossom without competition. Instead of boycott, how about forwarding ideas to devs? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16628

WHAT......................Pedro I have not spent years on builds for them to be decided on a dice roll.A small % of luck is agreeable but the rest of the build should rest on hard work and knowledge of the SP'S AND ATT'S and how they work together in different combinations which takes time and experimentation and good friends if available to help and ask opinions of.

DeletedUser

Encouraging people not to buy nuggets also comes down to restraint of trade, as Hellstromm pointed out last time someone threatened to organize a nuggets boycott.

DeletedUser

Um... I must say I misunderstood then. I thought Neo was trying to start a nugget using boycott, not nugget buying. That's why I've said I'd join and stop using the class premium (guess why and which class I am not). Boycotting class premium doesn't mean I'd stop buying nuggets and using traveltime premium available equally to every class and as such not overpowering anyone. Godforbid! May I also add here that I've boycotted skillbuying premium on w13? I've just used nuggets in other stuff instead.

DeletedUser

I have good aim and good dodge no premuim, but nothing has changed with my dueling, i can still dodge very well, i dont get hits at all or sometimes i just get one or two. it's always has been that way before and after the uptade

i dont get what has changed in this dueling system !!

Diggo11

I read somewhere once that there was a *new* duel system going in for new worlds; and a rebalancing of the existing one (aimed at resistance duellers). The changelog says:

"Changes to old duel system".

Apologies, did make the change on the changelog posted to the blog but not the forum. Beside the "duel changes" it should read "(for beta only in initial revisions)". Whilst I cannot rule out the new duel system being released as a post update revision, simply due to me not knowing rather than official indecision, I would expect such a major change to be delayed until the next major update at least.

all this because of those FSLG in my invent?
what a very strange bug.
Didn´t it give you negative skill points? The FSLG´s (Fancy soft leg guards) gave you that once the stats on them was changed. It has been fixed now, and if It didn´t give you negative skills, then I dunno what all this stuff was about! :blink: :eek:
It did give negative skill points. I only saw one ticket about it before the global fix was applied, and this player had negative ten charisma without even removing all their clothes that could be minimising the attribute loss! (This bug also appeared for a select and lucky few in 1.31, where the bug existed across random skills, not just charisma - keep that in mind.) Who knows how many points it was removing in total, but it would have severely skewed duelling results.

As stated previously, I've spoken with the developers, and they are absolutely sure these beta changes are disabled. If anyone can narrow down any alleged inconsistencies, please do. (At present, the reports are all over the place - dodging has been claimed powered and nerfed, resistance duellers becoming weaker whilst others don't even notice, etc.) Until then we don't need riots larger than London - I assure you if we could/can find a cause for such a bug we'd be resolving it on the double.

DeletedUser

At present, the reports are all over the place - dodging has been claimed powered and nerfed, resistance duellers becoming weaker whilst others don't even notice, etc.).

This uptade is the worst thing ever
:eek::eek::eek:

DeletedUser

This uptade is the worst thing ever
:eek::eek::eek:
It is not. As explained by Diggo, due to a bug SP/APs were lowered to some players and not by the same amount which is fixed now, but the dueling system itself was not changed.

Unless you mean other stuff from the update... But then again it's not true as there are some nice things added and this thread is only about dueling.

DeletedUser9470

well then please explain crap like this:
from yesterday

or like this:
9330022_deda_625x625.jpg

from today

W/e has gone wrong has obviously not been fixed.

Apologies, did make the change on the changelog posted to the blog but not the forum. Beside the "duel changes" it should read "(for beta only in initial revisions)". Whilst I cannot rule out the new duel system being released as a post update revision, simply due to me not knowing rather than official indecision, I would expect such a major change to be delayed until the next major update at least.

Why exactly is the dueling system being changed?
the major concerns are:
-the system was linear with skills which is how it needs to be.(winning duels should NOT be decided on a flip of a coin, but on amount of skill)
-nerfing charisma is not at all balancing, on the contrary, it makes resist even more overpowered.
-if there was any change to be made it should be to slightly nerf resist. but ever so slightly

So again I ask:
Why is dueling being changed? as there is hardly any need to change it.

Can this issue with the current 1.32 dueling be fixed asap?

Can current dueling system update work be abandoned, and reverted back to before 1.32?

For me Inno don't listen to their community at all, I wonder why I even bother posting here.
Because I feel the potential is still there for a great game? idk...

As for the London riots remark, it is only a bunch of yobs going round looting shops because they can...
Thanks to fruit phones and myface they can plan out future currys digital muggings.
Much like Innogames devs are doing to their game and their community.
Of course in London, severe punishments are expected.

DeletedUser529

An old saying comes to mind,

IF it aint broke, dont mess with it. :p

Pure and simple, changing things just for the sake of changing something does not make it better, in most instances it changes the game mechanics for the worse. I have seen it many times in this game since I started.

DeletedUser

Action speaks louder than words and there is alot of hot air in here :laugh:, I just quit Colorado !!!! enough said I think :D

Status
Not open for further replies.