Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9470

yer right!

9268137_ea3b_625x625.jpg

resist has been nerfed!
I must be blind!

DeletedUser2676

I'm sure you would have checked it, but I have got to ask since it happened to me!

Are you sure you're dodging? I found myself standing up on all 8 rounds after the new update. Got instant KO'd ofcourse(got shot all 8 times)....haven't tried the new dueling system since. :huh:

DeletedUser9470

I'm sure you would have checked it, but I have got to ask since it happened to me!
Are you sure you're dodging? I found myself standing up on all 8 rounds after the new update. Got instant KO'd ofcourse(got shot all 8 times)....haven't tried the new dueling system since. :huh:
yes i am dodging, i had that happen to me often so i check a lot...

my build with clothes:
166 vigor
129 dodge
118 aim
95/190(full premium) tactics
193 appearance

jokes he lands 5 hits huh?

and still no one has answered my previous question:
my point is charisma duelists werent overpowered in the first place, so why change it?
you can ask amazing duelists like
-spirit warrior.
every time he dueled me with his pure dexterity ranged build he absolutely caned me.
-cbug
resist melee duelist also caned me every time and she is 12 levels lower than me.

charisma had no chance against these 2 builds. in attack OR defense.
so why nerf charisma?

DeletedUser2676

I think you're noticing this a bit too late then, This has been going on ever since resistance was nerfed....but then again, they might have nerfed it a bit more! crazy people...I really want to test this so called new system ASAP :blink:

Back when I was landing a 1-4 HP damage/shot, it would so happen that thanks to my high appearance/tactics, they couldn't land a single shot at me...it's only logical that they land one or two now :p But anything more than that is just wrong!

DeletedUser16002

As as resistance dueler I havent noticed ANY difference between hits/dodges etc. Seems fine to me.

DeletedUser

Just as an experiment I removed all SPs from appearance and moved them to dodging/aim/shooting, all my SPs are in those 3, I'm pure dexterity. Made no difference against resistance but against regular I'm now being beaten by players that couldn't get close before I moved those SPs. Conclusion.... you still need appearance for attack.
Also I now have an extra 50 SPs in shooting but it has not made any difference at all to the amount of HP I hit resists for per hit.

DeletedUser9470

Just as an experiment I removed all SPs from appearance and moved them to dodging/aim/shooting, all my SPs are in those 3, I'm pure dexterity. Made no difference against resistance but against regular I'm now being beaten by players that couldn't get close before I moved those SPs. Conclusion.... you still need appearance for attack.
Also I now have an extra 50 SPs in shooting but it has not made any difference at all to the amount of HP I hit resists for per hit.

show us 2 duels both after update, against the same player, one before you moved sps, and the other after.
im very curious!

DeletedUser20147

Are you sure it isn't the dodging that got nerfed instead of charisma? My townie suggested that after getting beat up badly two times on a row by a guy who didn't even shift his stances.

As for me, it seems completely random now. I hit a couple of guys with perfect results - then all of a sudden some lower lever guy comes and KOes me in one duel without me even getting a single shot in. That has never happened before, so something is definitely different, but what? It drives me nuts that I don't know.

DeletedUser

show us 2 duels both after update, against the same player, one before you moved sps, and the other after.
im very curious!

All duels before update followed the pattern below, he hits me 2/3 maybe 4 times, I hit him 7 or 8 times, regularly, every duel.

6009967248_bb89069342_b.jpg

Now after my SP change and the update, he hits me 4 times, hardly ever happened before update. I can only hit him twice, thats never happened and also the HP is a lot less even though I've put an extra 50 into shooting.
6009418077_1e09e92991_b.jpg

Now he could have had a complete reskill but what are the chances?

6009450879_a4b164eb50_b.jpg

229 aim and I can only hit twice....WTF!

W11 BTW........

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29056

Chatting so some of the other people on W11 - I think the duelling stances appear to be more important than they were before. Anyone else noticed that? Maybe the comment about dodging being nerfed would line up with this a bit?

DeletedUser16008

Still keeping app as before and continuing testing im finding the average duel i will get hit 4 or 5 times vs regular builds ... very close duels with tactics builds ... and totally destroying resist still although taking more hits than previously...

Yes I am finding stance is extremely important ... probably more so than skills to a point ... which is rather irksome as i used to duel all day and now cannot...

Ha haa i hear some of you say ... but think on this ... the resist can still duel all day vs normal builds so it is by far the best build now for a dueler to choose....if your going to alter dueling then do it properly. Something surely has to be done with the resist formula as was expected ... if only to bring it into line and give all normal builds a chance like they have vs all other builds now.....

DeletedUser

finally some common sense. I havent noticed a difference in dueling at all. But in the old system i could have 220 dodge, 210 aim and 300 tactics with bonus and a resistance dueler comes and hits me 6 times and i hit him 5 or six times and i aimed for the hands. That is very poor dueling from inno. The resistance build is a great disappointing way to duel. it is very unfair. In order to do damage of normal amount you have to have 100 shooting over their reflex. Thats not including the fact your gun alone does 101-149. It should be if they have 300 in reflex and you have 300 in shooting then you should hit them for however hard your gun hits..

Then i switched my world 2 dueler to melee and its even worse.. With 300 vigor attacking a guy who doesnt even show up on toughness rankings(the lowest one on top 15 has 145 toughness). With 310 reflex and i hit him for 60's. Dueling is still fun but dang lets keep it to skill not luck. For the most part all i do is duel and i am good at it

DeletedUser32933

Well i got KO'ed today by someone who dueled me before the updates and didn't hit me once.. And then she dueled me again and hit me every round after the update.. Not to mention i have 72 dodge and 68 Tactics only at level 32 and I'm playing premnium at the moment so thats 138 tactics .. I doubt she would have enough appearence to beat my tactics at her level which is 34..

DeletedUser25189

no more

I assume the changes were intended to balance dueling in response to records like this:

img.php

Great record......however maybe the problem does not lie in the way the skills were used in the prior system before, maybe it was not the soft leg guards that made the dueler all powerful.....maybe the problem was all in the 0 motivation (i have nothing against 0 motivation duelers, as i was one for a long while).

The dueling level was geared to advance the really active dueler to a level of dueling so that he could not duel the weaker duelers and non duelers after passing them at the certain dueling level. speeding up the motivation regen time helped some in a past update, as some 0 motivation could not keep up and quit 0 motivation. seems to me if inno were to look more at the 0 motivation aspect instead of nerfing my dueling skills and gear, most of the true duelers would be at a level so that the Joxer Joker could knit socks in peace.

Most people in life hone their skills to be good if not the best at what they do....the fighter trains, the shooter shoots, the athlete goes through his daily regimen.....not to have a lucky chance at landing a lucky blow, shooting and missing several times before the wounding blow, or dropping ball in the end zone at the end of the game.......he hones his skills to kick your ass on the first blow, shoot you dead on the first shot, and score the game winning points when it comes to the end of the contest.

Resistance duelers were tough before, but you knew what you had to do change the outcome some what (just had to have the nuts to do it).....now it seems its a crap shoot no matter what you change.....in the past anyone could become a dueler, now no one can be a true dueler from the sound of it. Personally id rather fight the Vics, Buck Fizzes, and Kalips....straight up.....forget the luck factor, as i could tune to beat them fairly without luck.....

bring back the prior dueling and de-update.....give me back the HP in my leg guards (you took 300 hp from me), I paid allot for them. Quit taking the fun from the game

DeletedUser20147

Chatting so some of the other people on W11 - I think the duelling stances appear to be more important than they were before. Anyone else noticed that? Maybe the comment about dodging being nerfed would line up with this a bit?

Yes, this. That's the common nominator as far as I can tell - if they know your stances even a lower level can hit you and vice versa. To me that would mean that I will have to start stacking up HP if I don't want to bite the grass after every 2nd duel.

This kind of change would also mean there will be a hell of a rise in resistance dueling, no matter if they were nerfed or not. They are truly a superior dueler type now.

DeletedUser20147

What if they had, say, doubled the probability of landing a hit if you know the right stances? Could that explain it?

DeletedUser

It seems both you and Desi would be correct. The new duelling system is configured to be disabled by default, and the tech lead just reviewed the update script and confirmed there was nothing that could enable the new system. Placebo effect it would seem...

Or perhaps not. Today's ninja update should have resolved the "negative skills bug" once and for all, which was causing some players to lose in excess of even 10 attribute points if they owned the fancy soft leg guards. Perhaps this was making a difference on your duels ;)

I have been trying to follow this and other threads regarding the announced changes to dueling and threads dealing with the change to Fancy soft leg guards/the negative skill affect bug.

I am confused I must admit, as of this point in time has there been any change made to dueling via the update or recent bug fix updates???????

Could we get some kind of announcement stating the status of those proposed changes rather than myself and others speculating on that status please.

DeletedUser

Thank you Darth

I do not play beta or follow the beta forums so I would never have found that.

Status
Not open for further replies.