petition to reverse 1.32 dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9470

I believe there were issues with resistance.....

there wasnt really
before:
Charisma duelist < Pure dexterity duelist = Resist duelist
now:
Charisma duelist < Pure dexterity duelist < Resist duelist

If there was anything overpowered it was pure dexterity ranged, but ever so slightly.
certainly not charisma duelists.

now, resist is unbeatable. period.
why?
because the minimal amount of aim they put in their builds gets them to land 3 or 4 hits!!!!
do they care about the charisma nerf? no, they never had any in the first place.
do pure dexterity care? no! same reason.
so nerfing charisma just made these 2 builds even more powerful, especially resist who have become yet again massively overpowered.

talk about nerfing resist and its the opposite that happens.

in any case charisma duelists were the least overpowered of the 3 builds.

Personally im tired of this crap. getting told by noobs how dueling works.(not you rice, others...)
I have the most duel wins across ALL servers and know exactly what im talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

I assume the changes were intended to balance dueling in response to records like this:

img.php

How sweet of you to use me as an example E ... fact is ive been attacked about 650 times in that number of duels ... do you suppose that just maybe I was partly forced to go charisma due to my "popularity" I dont like being a victim so decided to do something about it ( something others could choose to do ). Being into forts when the world began I even went melee to make things harder and a challenge, as every good dueler knows there arnt many melee str/cha builds out there.... I fail to see the relevance of one dueler on an entire game ... nor have I ever wasted one sp etc on anything but dueling skills .... just maybe there is a reason for those numbers and its not been through just hitting builders.

Funny but an update talking about balancing resist duelers to allow others a chance to beat them ends up with the one dueling build there is hardly any of and one of only two that could combat the resist build getting bent over lol ... congrats for making resist now the only option for those who wish to duel more than twice a day.... wonderful game this you wake up one day after about 3 years of playing and developing builds and employing finesse and everything you have learned only to find the most noobish, simple boring build you started out with is in fact the most powerful and godlike on the game....... what idiot came up with that bright idea ? cos id like to see if there was more than one braincell rattling around in that skull or was it the directors secretaries son who plays a resist that inspired them?

DeletedUser

Just One More Sign

I know this is quite perturbing to ppl that have been playing this game for a long time. I have found in other games that I play, the same thing is happening there. It takes a long time to go from newb to experienced in any game that you happen to play.....for that matter...in REAL LIFE too.
The problem comes in when the new players come into the game , and they think they should be able to challenge anyone and be able to beat them..Forget all the time that any of us have put in to becoming the beasts that some of us are....they want it all and they want it now, and if they cant get it, then they cry and pizz and moan until the developers give in and change the game to try and level the playing field...so they quit crying to them.
It's a shame and it isn't fair to all of us that have put in our time over the yrs.

DeletedUser29056

there wasnt really
before:
Charisma duelist < Pure dexterity duelist = Resist duelist
now:
Charisma duelist < Pure dexterity duelist < Resist duelist

I have done some testing after a couple of respecs. I tried to duel very similar targets, but I didn’t involve them in the testing, so I can’t say for sure.

But, for me, the changes don’t seem quite as bad as some are suggesting. A resistance dueller seems to beat a aim/dodge/charisma build, but lose badly to a pure aim/dodge/vigor build. A pure aim/dodge/charisma build loses badly to a resistance dueller.

So, we have a game of rock, paper and scissors. No one build is best, and infact, whatever you choose is very poor against at least 1 other build type.

DeletedUser16628

I'm still experimenting which is very expensive by the way.I have a few different builds going as I need to see what is really going on.TBD @ this moment.

DeletedUser20147

Keep us posted guys. I had a normal duel today (I hit with all shots, the other guy misses them all) so I'm still kinda hoping this was all just a mistake, or that the programmers had made some kind of mistake they fixed already. I'm not gonna start reskilling before I know for sure.

The thing is, I have kinda original build that I've developed over the years and I was pretty proud of it. Sure I got beat badly a couple times if I got unlucky but 9 times out of 10 it gave me awesome results, depending on the opponent of course. It is a part dexterity, part charisma build (about 6:4). Not happy if I have to reskill it because of this thing.

DeletedUser1121

I did over 25 duels since the update and the results are still the same :)
all wins, many KO's, hardly hits and the hits i got weren't doing a lot of damage.

I think it is still working fine.

DeletedUser31389

Earlier Apperance/Tactics multiplied Aim That means:
If you have 100 SP
100 AIM=100 Attack Value
50 AIM*50 APPERANCE=2500 Attack Value
Now they are added. That means:
100 AIM=100 Atack Value
50 AIM+50 APPERANCE=100 ATTACK VALUE
I can live with the change. Its just Charisma Duelers got evened up and a bunch of Great Duelers were reduced to Good Duelers. As a result those few who knew the secret, that made them good duelers in the first place, are now mad it isnt relevent. Thats how I understand it.

DeletedUser16628

Like many others I've spent many months on builds and I'm no Neo when it comes to dueling but I'd say I'm not a noob either.I was smart enough to hold off till the update before respeccing again on a few worlds which helped save a big mistake IMO so I'll say this I will try to build a build that will hopefully compete with the workers.My luck is crap on w-12 as I'm 5-16 which is way off my THE WEST carreer stats so to speak.So there is some tweaking to do and I'll keep you informed of my findings.

Diggo11

In other words sleep continuously until the mess has been cleaned up or in another word tough lol....

Love it Dig m8 I really dont envy you having to sift through all the doo doo trying to work out whats on and whats not... are the devs there on drugs or something or are they just naturally idiots when it comes to updtaes being rushed through instead of checked properly ... dont tell me ... it was a deadline they couldnt miss due to being paid piecework :rolleyes:
Yeah well, I'm not quite Chuck Norris hehe, messes don't clean themselves out of fear of being roundhouse kicked :razz: Developers are pretty awesome really, updating anything is always a struggle and we've managed to get most issues resolved within a solid forty eight hours. That's why the beta was released, but seems that tool has been taken over by a bunch of njubs seeking new quests and an inside scoop, all whilst attempting to conquer forts so they can boast in the forum about how awesome their markets are... remember it does only take one out of place character to cause the entire game to die ;)

As for the new system ? well im sure its not activated ... its probably just us duelers whining and imagining things :D
It seems both you and Desi would be correct. The new duelling system is configured to be disabled by default, and the tech lead just reviewed the update script and confirmed there was nothing that could enable the new system. Placebo effect it would seem...

Or perhaps not. Today's ninja update should have resolved the "negative skills bug" once and for all, which was causing some players to lose in excess of even 10 attribute points if they owned the fancy soft leg guards. Perhaps this was making a difference on your duels ;)

DeletedUser16008

Let me get this straight... im imagining things as its a placebo effect ? seriously ?

And then perhaps not ? negative skills bug ? ....... dude I lost more duels since the update across worlds than i have all year !!! lol

And can you confirm or not if resist had any change or not ?

DeletedUser28464

poor losers

This petition is for the few that want to duel in this game and never lose a fight.

I am satisfied with the changes and would not like to roll back to a system catering to puffed up egos.

Pedro

DeletedUser31389

It seems both you and Desi would be correct. The new duelling system is configured to be disabled by default, and the tech lead just reviewed the update script and confirmed there was nothing that could enable the new system. Placebo effect it would seem...

Or perhaps not. Today's ninja update should have resolved the "negative skills bug" once and for all, which was causing some players to lose in excess of even 10 attribute points if they owned the fancy soft leg guards. Perhaps this was making a difference on your duels ;)

So will the developers change the system to what it should be i.e. the new system???

DeletedUser20147

It might have been just a bug, the whole update is squarming with bugs.

But yeah, there has definitely been a change in resistance dueling as well. I've made some pretty decent damage to guys I could only tickle slightly before the update.

DeletedUser

Too bad.

This petition is not just for some players, I follow the discussion from the beginning (and many others do) and I did not say anything because Neo and Victor pointed to the problems with the new update. I'll wait a bit and will probably leave the game if it stays like this.
It turns out that I was for a year assigned skills to my character and it is now useless.
More than a year of playing collapsed in just 15 minutes :(

DeletedUser28464

adjustments needed

Any changes in a game require adjustments from players. Changes bring both dissatisfaction and content. But, a game must evolve to survive.
With the changes, I just had my best duel ever. I think that the selected aims and dodges stances have a much greater role in acquiring a hit than they did before. Even if you have a very high aim, if the opponent stance is the correct one to counter, you will most probably not land a hit. The opponent defense stats have less of an impact.
Here is why I say this:
I was dueled twice by the same person, an hour and half apart.
On the first duel, we both landed most of our hits but his hits were doing more damage.
He attacked me a second time probably hoping to KO me, but unfortunately for him I was online.
I changed all my aim and dodge stances.
On the second duel, he landed no hits, and I landed most of my hits.

I gathered from the attackers profile, that he was a pure dueler.
My profile is not pure dueler but I do have good dueling stats.

Pedro

DeletedUser9470

my point is charisma duelists werent overpowered in the first place, so why change it?
you can ask amazing duelists like
-spirit warrior.
every time he dueled me with his pure dexterity ranged build he absolutely caned me.
-cbug
resist melee duelist also caned me every time and she is 12 levels lower than me.

charisma had no chance against these 2 builds. in attack OR defense.
so why nerf charisma?

DeletedUser

I dunno about the changes, I think it is good. I´m having no problem dueling in beta with charisma build.

Status
Not open for further replies.