petition to reverse 1.32 dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12008

its about nuggets? or bad advisers?

Currently the-west game is infested by some bad adviser to management/developers, and this dueling change is probably result of that. The ppt presented had following bullet points

• Based on luck means random and controlled by mods/dev from backend.
  • It will force serious player to respec their build -> more nuggets
  • We will keep the formula secret so it will take multiple iteration of respec -> more nuggets
  • We may change the formula in between whenever we want (to confuse) ->more respec ->more nuggets
  • Whenever a world is dying we will be able to topple the winning side to keep the interest alive -> more nuggets from looser -> more nuggets from the frustrated.
Very good, implement it in 1.32!

These advisers are mostly players who are closed to dev/management and/or are mods.
Scoundrels (not so bad idea), W10 - The project is their idea which actually pushes out ppl who have spent significant time/money/thought in building their build/policies/alliances and it all becomes irrelevant by joker's ideas.

DeletedUser16002

I think it was done to stop people being pumped full of defensive bonuses, I guess i'll join a town and try it out again with my new resistance build.

DeletedUser

I did a duel against someone in w12, first time I had fancy cartridge belt, and I lost, then fancy eagel belt and I won. Dodging have a lot of impact too, and also appearence counts too. I don´t know, maybe they´ve increased impact of appe.?? Because I have medium appearence in w12. And.. I think luck is still a factor in duels. It´s never perfect, the duel system. And as jox. said, it´s the old system, but with different formulas.

People, don´t quit, system will be good. If you quit, you´re not helping to improve the game at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

I think it was done to stop people being pumped full of defensive bonuses, I guess i'll join a town and try it out again with my new resistance build.

Ysee thats where it simply dosnt make sense, defensively its even easier than previously ... in fact there is less to fear from a hardned attacker than before.... youll probably hit at least 3 times if you guess correct and with a golden thats prob in the region of 600 - 900 damage.... a few duels like that and its time for them to sleep.

Right now if I were wanting to build a dueler to duel all day it would only be as resist ... the randomness of all the other skills now makes it not worthwhile nor will you have the hp to last too long out there..... where the luck factor is involved a master dueler or someone interested in this as a main feature of playing will not be satisfied with luck !!! they build to excel NOT to be lucky.

As far as having existing toons in now useless builds after investing so much time and money on various older worlds only to have to consider a total respec for one update ? !!! come on.

Fair enough its not our business or place to decide on developement changes but it is in our power to vote with our activity as a player if not happy and thats what I believe will happen with a lot of the seriously good duelers out there.... thats a shame because I liked to duel those who are a challenge .... no good duelers = less excitement = quieter wolrds = losing players = bad rep = lost revenue... = ulimatley bad for business

DeletedUser

So am I correct in thinking the complaints are coming from people who spend the game going around and hitting other players, usually regardless of level or class, and the complaints are because they can no longer do so and win with impunity?

ha ha, that's hilarious.

DeletedUser9470

I did a duel against someone in w12, first time I had fancy cartridge belt, and I lost, then fancy eagel belt and I won. Dodging have a lot of impact too, and also appearence counts too. I don´t know, maybe they´ve increased impact of appe.?? Because I have medium appearence in w12. And.. I think luck is still a factor in duels. It´s never perfect, the duel system. And as jox. said, it´s the old system, but with different formulas.

Check my first post man, I was showing 91\182 tactics 160 dodge
The player who attacked me was showing 23 app and 120 aim
how did she hit me 50% of the time?

A few points in response to other posts:
  • If it is all about luck then why bother building a duel character>>> end of dueling all together. theres no purpose in it, theres no sense of achievement. dueling must be linear.
    how can you be happy achieving anything with no skill whatsoever? you spend countless hours studying the game, countless hours testing and some noob comes along and rapes you on drops, in fort battles and dueling all at the same time, without even knowing what hes actually doing! yer right.
  • To respec to a dodge aim build it will cost me $270000. for what? same luck results? being thrashed to death by pure fms guys? only for inno to change it again next week.
  • If you get hit by anyone who has minimal amount of aim and dodge, might as well just stick with hitting builders who have 0 aim, why? it doesnt prove anything? it doesnt prove anything beating someone pure either, its all luck...
    >>> this update doesnt favour builders in this respect. so it isnt a "revenge of the builder" update, but im sure jox could get devs to make dueling all dependant on construction points for next update... until then ill stick with hitting builders for stats. dont cry to me! cry to those involved with this amazingly short sighted update on dueling.
  • I find it funny that this update is yet again in favour of mod alliances. ie w10.
    conspiracy? or coincidence?
    one heck of a coincidence, after the tanks are us update.
    Why else would they spend countless hours "fixing" something that IS NOT broke?

To conclude I wont be spending any money on this game until dueling results are linear and guaranteed not to be changed ever again.

Diggo11

So am I correct in thinking the complaints are coming from people who spend the game going around and hitting other players, usually regardless of level or class, and the complaints are because they can no longer do so and win with impunity?

ha ha, that's hilarious.
Almost rivals how everything is a nugget conspiracy eh? ;)

As far as I am aware, the new duelling system shouldn't have been activated by 1.32. Then again, I also shouldn't have found over a hundred missing translations, had chat disabled on Colorado by default nor the fancy soft leg guard bonus change give some players red bonus points. Hopefully I will be able to discover more on it tomorrow, but at least until then it'll be about adapting: survival of the fittest.

DeletedUser16008

Almost rivals how everything is a nugget conspiracy eh? ;)

As far as I am aware, the new duelling system shouldn't have been activated by 1.32. Then again, I also shouldn't have found over a hundred missing translations, had chat disabled on Colorado by default nor the fancy soft leg guard bonus change give some players red bonus points. Hopefully I will be able to discover more on it tomorrow, but at least until then it'll be about adapting: survival of the fittest.

In other words sleep continuously until the mess has been cleaned up or in another word tough lol....

Love it Dig m8 I really dont envy you having to sift through all the doo doo trying to work out whats on and whats not... are the devs there on drugs or something or are they just naturally idiots when it comes to updtaes being rushed through instead of checked properly ... dont tell me ... it was a deadline they couldnt miss due to being paid piecework :rolleyes:

As for the new system ? well im sure its not activated ... its probably just us duelers whining and imagining things :D

DeletedUser

I'm not sure the intended result of the changes to dueling will fix anything. 1st off dealing with what was considered as over powered resistance duelers will be replaced by over powered high aim/dodge duelers, whats the difference?

Secondly from what I've seen the change has not brought consistent results so far. I play on several worlds and have both fire arm and melee duelers, my resistance duelers seem to still be fairly resistant and my fire arm duelers are less consistent in their results . I will need to do quite a bit more dueling to get a better picture but I'm not impressed so far.

Speaking with a town mate on one of the worlds I play on, he has very high shooting, over 300. I looked at several duel reports he had with a resistance dueler he used to beat regularly who based on the rankings of skills has just under 200 reflex and just under 250 toughness. Now he can't best this fella as his hits are not doing enough damage any longer so I am unsure whether there has been a nerfing of resistance as intended.

If the only complaint from some is that all duels are no longer predictable then that really is not the worst thing in the world but a pure dueler should beat some one who is not speced for dueling on a regular basis, otherwise whats the point of being a pure dueler. The other types of pure builds get the results they are seeking so why not pure duelers.

DeletedUser

Dueling Issues

I recently reskilled to counter the resistance builds and was having no issues with defeating them. Since this upgrade, I dueled a player that I've defeated many times in the past, and he has not even been close. He has 195 reflex and similar in toughness. I have 305 shooting and very high aim, dodge and appearance. Somehow, I managed only 80 HP PER HIT on this player and he destroyed hit me several times. I know for certain my dodge is higher than his aim and my appearance is higher than his tactics. Can anyone explain this to me or is this a bug in the upgrade?

DeletedUser20147

If defensive skills have been nerfed down I am not happy. But does anyone know what exactly has been done and what skills have been tampered with? I hesitate to start reskilling before I know what actually needs to be done - other than that I actually have to start stacking health points now I guess.

DeletedUser14006

Here is Duduie's take on it:

If the change was made (that part is not very clear yet), it is simple:

1) dodging and aiming did not change in any way

2) the value resulting from attacker's appearance and defender's tactics is ADDED to aim (before 1.32 it was multiplied)

Example: 100 appearance vs 120 tactics
100 - 120 = -20 which means the defender gets +20 aim

120 appearance vs 100 tactics
120 - 100 = 20 which means the attacker gets +20 aim

This assuming the value (in the example above the value = 20) does not change into a percentage or counts less when added to aim. I think it makes dodging a little bit more important now.

canufeelit

its clear there has been a nerf in appearance dueling although it should have small effect (excepting appearance duelers). what should be noted is the increase in the old school resist chance to hit making them godlike under the right circumstances.

thank you.

i was going to tank up my worker to prove the doubting thomas's wrong about ff bonus but hell, think i'll stab a few more first ;)

DeletedUser20147

In my opinion that obsoletes charisma-based dueling. This will become very expensive for me and it will take weeks or months for me to fix it properly, even with all the money I got. I'm not happy about it.

DeletedUser

I assume the changes were intended to balance dueling in response to records like this:

img.php

DeletedUser

mods can you do your job and close this thread if no one is suggesting improvments here all i see in this thread is abuses

DeletedUser9470

I assume the changes were intended to balance dueling in response to records like this:

img.php

how is nerfing charisma got anything to do with this?
now, to achieve this all you have to do is go pure toughness reflex.
o that means beinga tank in ffs too!
that suits w10 tanks are us mod team!
what a surprise!

solution?
revert back to before 1.32 where there was absolutely no issues with dueling.

Status
Not open for further replies.