Petition Against New Dueling Method

DeletedUser

All you sorry duelers who complain about camping shut the heck up. get real. you can still camp. usually everyone is near a town or there town. the new dueling sucks for one reason only......it now takes way to much time to find someone to duel. It is still do able it was just way better the old way. Camping is still possible. Just because you dont like the new dueling doesnt mean you are a camper so get over it.

DeletedUser

Calling someone out for a Duel really only works if they are within earshot. Otherwise you look pretty dumb, I like this idea.

DeletedUser13636

Can someone tell me how to duel please? I wanna try it out and see if I like it or not and then I will get back to you on this Petition. :unsure:

DeletedUser22685

instead of complaining and petitioning and whining about the new changes why don't you suggest something useful of how to make this work for everyone...

like my suggestion here ;)

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=41420
Either that or this:

[SPOIL]
futurama1001 said:
Why not make it possible to duel both on the spot (possibly by clicking the round duel button on the player's profile) as well as through the saloon (by clicking the word "duel" in the saloon)? Then, we combine this with the >10 minute cooldown time between dueling and sleeping that was mentioned by someone (can't remember who) on the first page of the thread, unless you are below x% of your maximum health (so you are still able to sleep if your health is low, but you can't make yourself un-duelable). This way, duelers don't have to travel to all ends of the map to get some decent exp or wins, but towns still have protection against campers.

(If anyone actually read all that, let me know and I will give you some green rep :p)

EDIT (I forgot to put this in): There is a hotfix coming up before Halloween so that the Halloween quest can be implemented. Maybe if we cry enough they will bring the changes I proposed in at that time. Not that we should need to cry, it benefits both duelers and innocent victims of campers - so what's not to like?
[/SPOIL]

HAVE to be brought in.

DeletedUser2474

What i see here is a lot of people complaining about the dueling without giving a good reason. There are also a lot of people who decide that since they disagree with the idea that they better yell louder so that everyone ignores it.

We all know that Joxer hates campers. It is a well known fact. But why get on every thread against the new dueling system and call everyone who has a problem with it a camper?

Now i actually agree with this petition. I am not a fan of the new dueling system and saying that it is more realistic is a joke.

Here is why. I set a duel. I move to their location. The person is still there but with less than 1min to run on the duel they notice me and knowing they can't win or make it to a hotel, they leave town. Now i am still in the same location as them. BUT I CAN'T DUEL THEM.

How is that realistic. They are safe simply because they are not a member of a town. If the devs want to add some realism to the game then make every person on the world duelable. If you are in the same location as them then they can be hit. Otherwise what you have is adventurers (usually) who are not in a town able to queue up a number of jobs without having to worry that the job they are doing is going to move, leave town, join a fort battle or enter a hotel.

This means there is now no equality in the game again. If they were trying to make it fair then they have really stuffed up.

The other changes to the game that have been implemented in recent times are all add-ons or improvements to things that already existed. This is the first re-write of the system and it has too many faults. In my opinion it should be rolled back and re thought until they find an option that has a better balance. Maybe the ability to duel someone from their town as well as in their actual location allowing you to camp jobs as well as towns :p

DeletedUser22685

Maybe the ability to duel someone from their town as well as in their actual location allowing you to camp jobs as well as towns :p
I already posted that if you read the spoiler in the my post above! Except my reason was to give duelers the chance to both attack decent amounts of people in a reasonable time frame as well as the chance to defend their town on the spot against someone who may be camping their town. Combine that with a 10+ minute cooldown between dueling and sleeping unless your health is below x%, and camping is gone but duelers don't have to waste hours trying to find a duel. How can anyone complain then!?

Now I've repeated myself unnecessarily :hmf:

DeletedUser22575

What i see here is a lot of people complaining about the dueling without giving a good reason. There are also a lot of people who decide that since they disagree with the idea that they better yell louder so that everyone ignores it.

We all know that Joxer hates campers. It is a well known fact. But why get on every thread against the new dueling system and call everyone who has a problem with it a camper?

Now i actually agree with this petition. I am not a fan of the new dueling system and saying that it is more realistic is a joke.

Here is why. I set a duel. I move to their location. The person is still there but with less than 1min to run on the duel they notice me and knowing they can't win or make it to a hotel, they leave town. Now i am still in the same location as them. BUT I CAN'T DUEL THEM.

How is that realistic. They are safe simply because they are not a member of a town. If the devs want to add some realism to the game then make every person on the world duelable. If you are in the same location as them then they can be hit. Otherwise what you have is adventurers (usually) who are not in a town able to queue up a number of jobs without having to worry that the job they are doing is going to move, leave town, join a fort battle or enter a hotel.

This means there is now no equality in the game again. If they were trying to make it fair then they have really stuffed up.

The other changes to the game that have been implemented in recent times are all add-ons or improvements to things that already existed. This is the first re-write of the system and it has too many faults. In my opinion it should be rolled back and re thought until they find an option that has a better balance. Maybe the ability to duel someone from their town as well as in their actual location allowing you to camp jobs as well as towns :p

I have to agree with Byron here. I don't know, maybe in Beta play test there was lots of players where there was no shortage of targets.

But that is not the case in lots of these worlds. And it does appear to have been tested with some criteria other than how does it effect dueling.

Joxer does not just hate campers Byron, he hates anything in the game that is not done his way. This guy wanted to be able to put bounties on townless players for no other reason than to punish them because they were playing solo and not members of a community :laugh:

I already posted that if you read the spoiler in the my post above! Except my reason was to give duelers the chance to both attack decent amounts of people in a reasonable time frame as well as the chance to defend their town on the spot against someone who may be camping their town. Combine that with a 10+ minute cooldown between dueling and sleeping unless your health is below x%, and camping is gone but duelers don't have to waste hours trying to find a duel. How can anyone complain then!?

Now I've repeated myself unnecessarily :hmf:

No need for a 10 minute cool down period. This specifically targets and penalizes duelers and it is time for that garbage to stop. If there is going to be a 10 minute cool down period it needs to be straight across the board for everything..between jobs...the whole ball of wax.

DeletedUser

Can someone tell me how to duel please? I wanna try it out and see if I like it or not and then I will get back to you on this Petition. :unsure:

Ok what you do is click on a town, then click there saloon. It will give you a number if you can duel them. NOW, the next step is to see where they are and how far you have to go and hope they are there when you get there. Click duel button and pray...i wish you luck in your new adventures in dueling...lmao

DeletedUser16008

Ok what you do is click on a town, then click there saloon. It will give you a number if you can duel them. NOW, the next step is to see where they are and how far you have to go and hope they are there when you get there. Click duel button and pray...i wish you luck in your new adventures in dueling...lmao

Psst I think youd better take a kook at his stats banner :rolleyes:

10 min cool down on duels would be fine it only applies to people dueling and if your a dueler you can defend yourself right ?..

Far as the camping thing its been a part of the game since w1 I dont do it or like it but its all part of the game ..This update hasnt stopped camping at all just changed the demographics of it a bit. Your town can still be camped and people get sent home in battles and will be targeted by those same campers. Not to mention camping work spots or forts..

What it has changed are town wars more the pity.

DeletedUser

i really like it. i am a pure dueller on a world and it just adds some extra dimension, to hop from silvermine to silvermine :)

I like the new system for that reason alone, but yes wars between towns is much more difficult becaue you have to walk all over the map. It use to be K.O'd, 10 minutes, duel, repeat, now there is a bunch of waling back and forth.

I was never big on camping, and the new system makes more sense, I am just in agreement it makes duel wars more time consuming.

DeletedUser26406

I love it!
Now I CAN JUST HEAD UP TO MY TARGET WHEN HE'S CLOSE!!!
:shootout::shootout:-----> :sombrero::dastardly:
Anyways keep up the great work Devs.
And thanks a lot for the new stuff.I play maneuvers all day!.;)