Votes: 51 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30224

There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

Proposal

I propose the idea of being able to set up new permanent chat rooms. I propose we use something similar to /join, except it will be /permajoin

Current Workaround

the use of /join

Details

I am currently one of the black hats at Desert bEagle. We have a sister town Drunken bEagle and are about to found Durty bEagle. I believe we would be well served by having permenant chat ala alliance chat for these connected towns. I cannot believe we are in a unique position and think additional chat would be a positive addition to the games long term growth allowing greater confederacy. I do not believe alliance chat fulfils this requirement and the work around cumbersome.

Thanks for your time fellow Westers!

Visual Aid

xmGO16M.png

Abuse Prevention

Only black hats can create permanent rooms though anyone can join a permanent room.
Only one permanent chat room can be created per black hat.
The permanent room will be active for 72h after which it will delete itself if nothing is written in the chat room in this time.

DeletedUser31931

This seems more of a bug fix than anything else. I can't understand why people would vote no. If you've voted no on this, then please can you post here explaining why if you're not trolling. If you are, then this is sad, I can't believe you'd stall the progress of the game to satisfy your own egos.

DeletedUser

I don't see any problem with people voting No. I voted Yes, even though I don't care about the idea. I disagree with the assertion that alliance and town chats don't serve this purpose. One town holds more than enough people to fit everyone you really want to talk to. There are whispers for friends outside of town. Family towns are dinosaurs that serve no longer serve any real purpose. Before alliances, they were mini-alliances and were built because 50 spots wasn't enough and to have access to extra shops, which is completely unnecessary today. If you want a family of towns and still want to be in a separate alliance, alliance chat still works just fine for chatting with members of your other family towns. Is it really so bad if someone from an allied town outside of your family joins the conversation? Outside of town and alliance chat, conversation is usually one on one or only needs a temporary chat for a specific discussion.

I can easily see how someone voted No.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35712

I agree it's an augmentation which could be seen as a kind of bug fix. As I say it is a small addition which adds another dimension.

Emyr there truly is nothing new in the West - however game play changes and evolves on a regular basis either through the brilliance of some players who have a real grasp for the game or through development changes. The idea of confederacy may seem old hat to you but who knows how the game will swing around in the future.

DeletedUser

Do some people just vote no for the sake of it?

As much as we hate to see people voting no just for the sake of it, the contrary is quite true as well. There are always a few people who never read the idea before putting up their vote for agreement, so IMO that's something we can't prevent or sulk upon.

Also, I voted yes for this idea because I'm all in for ideas that propose for making chats more flexible. I really love this permanent chat room thing, though I doubt how much use it will be put to, but its a change for good. ;)

DeletedUser30224

Sometimes when the proposal doesn't impact on the players playing the game (performance, advantages) I tend to just submit it straight on. It would be the case with this proposal as well, I mean if you do not like it, don't use it, but it will not impact your gameplay in any way. The truth is that maybe I should not do that as often as I thought is acceptable, but am finding weak arguments against straight on submitting ideas such as this one ...well not this one if it doesn't pass.

DeletedUser

I must vote no because of the stress it would make to the servers.
Java chats take too much resources and giving the option to create "permanent" chats would let people start to create millions of those just for talking with 1 or 2 other players.
If people are on 2 cities of the same alliance, the alliance chat can be used. If not, use the whisper to talk with the player that you want and he can use there city chat for asking about anything.

DeletedUser

Did you see the 72 hour cut off? Millions - how did you arrive at that gross exaggeration?

Just think that every player starts to create 1 chat for talking with each person. (people tend to use anything they learn for doing those things...)
At the end of the day, he has over 100 rooms created just for him that will be on for 3 days. Now, just think on the 50 players of each town doing that.

The alliance chat is used for those things. Anything else can be made with the whisper function.

DeletedUser30224

Just think that every player starts to create 1 chat for talking with each person. (people tend to use anything they learn for doing those things...)
At the end of the day, he has over 100 rooms created just for him that will be on for 3 days. Now, just think on the 50 players of each town doing that.

The alliance chat is used for those things. Anything else can be made with the whisper function.

One should read the proposal completely and then make a decision or comments. Please refer to Abuse prevention where you'll find these 2 sentences:

Only one permanent chat room can be created per black hat.
The permanent room will be active for 72h after which it will delete itself if nothing is written in the chat room in this time.

DeletedUser30224

The voting process for this idea has ended. Since the approval rating is above 80%, the idea will be sent to developers. Congratulations.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.