Paying premium via SMS

• Thread starter DeletedUser26367
  • Start date

DeletedUser26367

Okay for the past 3 days I've been trying to pay premium via SMS. Every time I attempt to send the message from my mobile phone I receive 'error' and try again until I get angry and give up.

Is there anyone else experiencing this problem other myself?

PS: I am a New Zealand player of this game does this have sort of effect on payment through SMS?

DeletedUser

You should check with your provider, because it might be your phone service. If they say that there's no limit or that you should be able to make the payment via sms, then send in a support ticket in-game.

DeletedUser

I don't know if this is relevant at all, but Googling brought me to the RuneScape wiki. They allow a couple of SMS payment methods including PayBySMS in some countries and PayByPhone in others, including New Zealand. PayByPhone is provided by a company called Surfpin.

Players wishing to subscribe via PayByPhone call Surfpin's PayByPhone service and receive a PIN redeemable (after a processing period of 15 minutes) for one month of member credit on the RuneScape website.
Like I said, I don't know if this is relevant at all, and it probably isn't if you don't usually have problems paying by SMS, but I thought it might be since the Premium payment option is just shown as "SMS" for all countries instead of showing a specific payment provider.