Script Painted Portraits - Reskinning The West Characters (GM script)

DeletedUser

Excellent work, I <3 the new pics, keep it up!

Cheers mate, appreciate it!

How do you change the pictures to one of the other ones?

I am not sure if I understand the question. If you would like to use one of the other pictures from the script for your character, you could go into the code and swap that image with the one you want.

DeletedUser

I get a runtime error when I click "open" (run ?) on the script. See next post I fixed it. :)

Ok I got it to work now I want to change the gunslinger woman to cavalry woman because I'm a soldier class and she looks better, that possible ?

Also, how about a Salma Hayek vulumtuous hispanic type for the Mexican woman, because the default is ... ugly. :)
Giver her a Winchester ! (just a cool look I think)

Just making suggestions, because that gunslinger babe you did was great.

Another issue, is the following a known bug ?

When I enabled greasemonkey and ran the script, changing my avatar picture, parts of the world terrain do not shade in any more. This only happens in the world where I loaded a custom avatar, other worlds without it are fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok I got it to work now I want to change the gunslinger woman to cavalry woman because I'm a soldier class and she looks better, that possible ?

That's certainly possible, what you would need to do to swap the two females is to replace every occurance of "http://dump.ninjapirat.org/files/gunslinger_woman.jpg" with "http://dump.ninjapirat.org/files/cavalry_woman.jpg" and "http://dump.ninjapirat.org/files/gunslinger_woman_small.jpg" with "http://dump.ninjapirat.org/files/cavalry_woman_small.jpg". This should have the wanted effect.

You can type any image adress, so if you want to make a picture yourself, just host it somewhere and replace my image with your own.

Another issue, is the following a known bug ?

When I enabled greasemonkey and ran the script, changing my avatar picture, parts of the world terrain do not shade in any more. This only happens in the world where I loaded a custom avatar, other worlds without it are fine.

I get that sometimes too, don't know if it has to do with my script. Currently I do not use the fullscreen script and don't get that bug either, so it might have to do with the scripts combined or only the fullscreen script. Right now I don't have time to work on it.

Also, how about a Salma Hayek vulumtuous hispanic type for the Mexican woman, because the default is ... ugly. :)
Giver her a Winchester ! (just a cool look I think)

Just making suggestions, because that gunslinger babe you did was great.

Unfortunately I don't pain them myself, wish I could! I just copy other people's art, feel free to suggest suited paintings.

DeletedUser

i love the pics keep up the great work--- as a personal request please start a new thread for new updates its hard to fille threw everything again ;)

ummmmmm , on the next update maybe we could get the pics to show up in the signatures

DeletedUser

ummmmmm , on the next update maybe we could get the pics to show up in the signatures

Not possible without using a server to take an in game banner and your chosen portrait to dynamically generate a new version of the banner and save it. It would have to be set to retrieve a new version of the in game banner after a certain period of time to dynamically generate a new banner with updated stats.

Way too much trouble for very little benefit.

DeletedUser

yeah, i see, lol

uh i didn't think it be all that anyways--i luv the pics

DeletedUser

hi, everybody.

i was just used to Avien's script when the pics disappeared..so i've done some time losing and made up a new set for my personal use..but there's no fun without sharing, so i'll link* you to the script w modified links, leaving to the author the decision weather to upload or not a modified version on the web.
there are just two portraits missing from the set -the undertakers.. for repainting i've used images of actors, historic figures and anonymous found on the www ..enjoy discovering and using.
thanks to Avien for the original code.
==
http://www.fbx.ro/5901myrhxr6su2zc
*there is a text version of the scripting. to replace the original version: manage user scripts>edit>> open the txt file, copy and paste above the original content

adv-indian_small.png
work-pilgrim_woman_small.png
duel-gunslinger_woman_small.png
war-mexican_small.png

one adventurer, one worker, one dueler and one soldier ..the rest, surprise!

DeletedUser

Seems all mods that were using images hosted on "ninjapirat" have gone bye-bye... If someone wants, I can pick up the torch and re-up the script to userscripts to make it easier to install... and I could re-write the script in a way so that it has a very easy user configuration section to all of those who wish to swap images.

DeletedUser10707

I've installed the Greasemonkey. Then, I've installed this script. Refreshed the page. Nothing happens?? Am I missing something?

DeletedUser

@Jeremiah: yes..no. the script you've used is missing the pictures.."the images on ninjapirat have gone bye-bye". if you still want repainted portraits, the simple solution is to download the modified scripting i've done and copy-paste it over the original. the less simple solution is to find yourself a set of images, resize them, host them on the www, get the links and then edit the script yourself replacing the old image links with the new ones... or you could find a new script w the same function on the web and just install it... or you could give up and cherish the old and boring avatar pics without losing time..
your choice : ))

DeletedUser

so its ok to use these scripts to change you piccy then......you wont get banned for doing so ...........

DeletedUser

so its ok to use these scripts to change you piccy then......you wont get banned for doing so ...........

It's legal because all it does is change the pictures for you. No one else will see them that way, but at least you will be satisfied.

DeletedUser

I'd like to try the modified scripting that Um Bra has done, but I don't know where to find the original downloaded script that I need to copy and paste it over. Would someone be able to help me out with that?