Over the top.

DeletedUser

Over the top

Hi guys and gals, As some of you may know already life is very busy for me, I'm not on as much anymore, I'm gettign caught up in my work, Thankfully i have some time evryso often, I have quite a few stories for you guys, Hopefully if all goes well i shall soon get some of them posted, This section has been dull lately and i want to restore it to it's former glory.

For almost six years from 1939 to 1945 Britain fought the toughest war it had ever experienced. World War II was total war - every person, every business, every service was involved.

Britain did not fight alone, the war also involved many countries. World War II involved 61 countries with 1.7 billion people, three quarters of the world's population. Below is a link, This will take you to the speech given over the radio by the britsh priminister at the time the United Kingdom declared war with Germany.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrOJnpmz6s)

Ok so, The story, Sorry had a fact moment :razz:, Here is a list of the countries involed on each side (Allies, Axis.)

The Axis
  • German
  • Italy
  • Japan
Slovakia (Nov. 1940)
Hungary (Nov. 1940)
Romania (Nov. 1940)
Bulgaria (March 1941)

The Allies
  • Australia
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • China
  • Czechoslovakia
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • France
  • Greece
  • India
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Malta
  • The Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • South Africa
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • USSR
  • Yugoslavia
and others.

The Tripartite Pact of September 27, 1940, allied (brought together) Germany, Italy, and Japan.

The Allies included:
  • Commonwealth countries such as Australia, New Zealand and Canada
  • Countries in the British Empire such as India.
(Here is a map for you there is a key located just below the map showing the colours to the country's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ww2_allied_axis.gif, The links are safe using trusted sites, Youtube and Wiki- Wikipedia.)

Thank you for reading, If you did read it that is, If you didn't SHAME ON YOU! I worked hard getting all these sources and maps for you...:razz:, I hope you enjoy this thread if you get roleplaying in it.

Green rep is greatly appreciated and will be returned!

Rules:
1. No goddmodding.
2. You may be either side, Make the teams fair!
3. NPC's And events are held by me, I will post these in a diffrent colour to the actual post.
4. Posts must be at least 1 line of full text.
5. No animals of any kind as pets. (Annie Oakley12.)
6. As James The Hunter pointed out: "Have fun, OR I WILL KILL YOU!"

"Thank you for your time, Now your probably bored to death" He bow's as he says "I hope you enjoy it, have fun guys, I am and i haven't done any Roleplay in other peoples thread for a while, I want to see a thread full of happy faces, I'm ill right now and on't want to come home freezing cold and checking my thread filled with un-happy people." :laugh:.

Profile:

Name: (Nothing stupid, No world leaders, Nothing higher than...Maybe a fighting general, This is about the soilders that fought.)
Build: (Strenght.)
Bio: (Duh!)

To save confustion we are all located in the trenches infront of a small town in Germany, Name ideas for this town through Pm adressed to me please.

Thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The question is in what country or place in the world will our story be??? Europe, America, the Pacific??? I find this interesting.

DeletedUser

(Well, It dose say down the bottom, All the players in this RP, Are located in the trenches surrounding a small town in germany, I couldn't think of a name and serched for quite a while bbut couldn't find any names of the towns back in the second world war, Couldn't you have said this in pm?)

(A, It doswn't sorry Well we are placed in Germany.)

DeletedUser13682

(Well, It dose say down the bottom, All the players in this RP, Are located in the trenches surrounding a small town in germany, I couldn't think of a name and serched for quite a while bbut couldn't find any names of the towns back in the second world war, Couldn't you have said this in pm?)

(It doesn't say Germany, just a small town. We have to decide where it will take place. If I were to join, which I might, I would favor Caen, France.)

DeletedUser

(Not bad, But if no one is going to sign up then i might just let it die. My threads don't seem to be doing very well right now :( .)

DeletedUser

I might as well support...

Name: Michael H. Artem
Build: Average, can carry a normal-sized man on his shoulders.
Side: Allies, America
Bio: Choosing a military service over life in prison, he is trained in medical practices and a self-described lockpicking master; he has become a favorite and essential part of his unit.

DeletedUser

i'll support too.

Name: tom fletcher
Build: small not particualary strong.
Side: Allies, england
Bio: brought up in north london,tom joined the army in 1938 and became a sniper, he was awarded a battle honour and a promotion after he managed to hold up a german company so that his platoon could escape at dunkirk.

DeletedUser

why always allies, that not balance..

Name: Miu
Build: she has high speed in close combat
Side: Axis, japan
Bio: she was a naive girl from a poor family, when the family sold him to become a geisha she escape and met her first love, a Japanese army colonel. So he decided to help the colonel and joined the secret agent.

DeletedUser

I'm in.

Name: Łukasz Czerwinski
Build: 5'11, slightly above average strength
Side: Allies, Poland
Bio: Born in 1914 to poor farmers of Polish ethnicity in the German territory that would be used to form Poland after WWI. Poland gained independance for the first time in over a century when he was 4. He enlisted in the military at age 18. In 1939 Poland was attacked by Germany, USSR, and Czechoslovakia. He fought valiantly, and gained the rank of Lance Corporal. The Poles were soon overwhelmed, and the government fled to London. Czerwinski joined the Polish underground state, and is fighting the Germans today.

DeletedUser

no idea, it depends on the location, if it's caen or arnhem, then it's definiteley 1944, however, if it is, as father coram says, a small town in germany, that would probably suggest either november-december 1944 or very early 1945. (sorry if i've bored you to death.)

DeletedUser

I'll check, but I think Caen would be more likely for me, since the Polish 1st Armored Division landed at Normandy and pushed inland.

DeletedUser

OK, it looks like I was wrong. Caen was liberated by the British and Canadians. Arnhem is more likely since some Polish units fought in Operation Market Garden, and some of them fought in Arnhem.

DeletedUser

i think arnhem could be very good, because effectively all the allied countries took part, the british and the polish attacked arnhem itself, and the americans assaulted the cities and defensive positions to the south and west of the city.

DeletedUser

i'll start.

tom boarded the plane and sat down, he cleaned his rifle and checked all of his equipment. after several minutes the plane took off and began the long journey to arnhem. he ran the plan over in his mind. his platoon was to hold the main road on the east side of the city to prevent german reinforcements before moving down to the bridge. as the plane grew closer to arnhem, he began to call out the names of the men in his platoon...

DeletedUser

(Sorry everybody...Life has been crap for me recently :p. I lost the spark for roleplay...I guess i just re-lit the fire!)

Name: Tobias Uraie
Build: Strong
Bio: Tobias has spent the last few years doing nothing with his life he did nothing...But felt compelled to fight for his country as the propoganda campians of his country called him fourth, he had his eye on a young bar maid before he signed up, he took part in the beaches of normandy and was put back into the trenches defending a small town in germany after a wound to his left arm.

Tobias, or Toby as he prefered to be called sat up his back resting agianst the dirty wall of the small dug-out he groaned as his sore feet showed him pain like never before he had t put 3 men to death today...It had been a bad month thankfully the small town was not worthy of shell fire but it held a crutial role in stopping german amour divistions from breaking through, he groaned as he took his watch his men sleeping but wary as he looked back to the open feilds behind him the support trenches filled with water and mud supplies hadn't been delivered for weeks and they wrre running out of time he groaned as his log book spoke to him in his mind thinking of the ambsuh of there supplies, the germans had both there own and his men's supplies...Why did it have to be him?

DeletedUser

OK, let's go!

Czerwinski, along with much of his platoon, was disappointed with the operation thus far. The first British troops had arrived in Arnhem, and Polish reinforcements were 2 days late. Even worse, about a third of the aircraft carrying Polish troops turned back after takeoff, after the British stated that drop zone 'K' was insecure. Czerwinski groaned to himself, and checked his equipment. He regarded his rifle, a German Mauser K98 which he had picked up off a dead German back in September of 1939. It seemed strange to him that a weapon which could have been used to kill his best friends would soon be used to exact revenge...