Over Inflated Prices In the markets ......

Do You Believe there should be a cap on how much someone can charge for an item in the market

• Yes 10-20% Max

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

D3CYB3R

It is my experience since starting this game that I thought i was playing The-West, but apparently
I am playing who wants to be a millionaire. I would like to suggest a cap on products for sale in the market, due to the lack of being able to get the FUNDS for some items i cannot finish quests. This does not do well with my OCD. I start things, I finish things. I understand we all have a place in this game to make things to sell to others to make other things to sell for quests but, the over inflation of prices makes this not feasible or fun. I have been trying to get 2 pots of honey for a quest and when it finally does show in the market its like 40K, ridiculous, Im not a Karen or an everybody gets a trophy kinda person, I do believe in working hard for what you want/need, BUT when things are priced out of reach it gets a little discouraging. I invited friends to play this game, who have now quit do to the high prices of unobtainable items. I would like to propose a 10-20% MAX Markup on products sold by players in the market. Back to the honey, MSRP FROM THE GAME says $135 dollars $40,000 is outragous its even higher on the other server 100k, I have a lot of money in this game nuggets for bonuses, cut travel time etc, so I'm not going anywhere, just thought i would put this out there because I am not the only one that feels this way.

WhyN0t

If there is a demand, there is also an offer. Some people are willing to pay extreme prices. It is true that some people artificially inflate the price of some items by buying everything from the market, later appearing items at exaggerated prices. But that's another story, if you restricted the price a seller can ask for a product, nobody would sell anything, and the market would become useless. Or they would all put up auctions and you will stand in line for days to buy an item, and in the end someone will outbid you at the last second offering large amounts of money.
Edit: You can sell all items you get for free from tombolas for high prices and then buy whatever you need.

Caerdwyn

If your town/alliance's crafters aren't willing to use the materials you give them to make your needed goods at cost, find another group. Honey is an odd one that costs more for the materials than it's worth, but even so, it's only $370.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I think 20k for honey is a pretty fair price. If you believe that someone would go through the trouble to sell honey for 200-300, you are wrong. So you can choose either farming the materials yourself and have someone to craft for you or pay the market prices. If there would be a limit on sale price, there would never ever be any honey on the market. Why would I farm for hours if I could only sell it for 300? Maybe we should just raise the minimum price to 12k or so instead.....

Beefmeister

i kinda agree that prices are over inflated for items lately but what can you do :roll: puttin cap or whatever isn't gonna work

Matori

Honey is soo sweet, but as stated many times provide a Honey press and a rose and crafting is free

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The real issue is that on dead worlds it becomes increasingly hard to find willing crafters to work with. Yet another reason to shut down dead worlds....

The best solution I can think of is for the crafts that end up as quest items to be put proportionately into a "lucky craft chest" sold in the up shop...

Caerdwyn

The best solution I can think of is for the crafts that end up as quest items to be put proportionately into a "lucky craft chest" sold in the up shop...

Put every craft item in the UP Shop (dev would have to create the category tab) at one Bond per crafter level (except for the items that would then be free!). Lazy people will get choose Christmas sale or the quest they're working on. That get's the decision into the hand of the player.

DeletedUser15368

Put every craft item in the UP Shop (dev would have to create the category tab) at one Bond per crafter level (except for the items that would then be free!). Lazy people will get choose Christmas sale or the quest they're working on. That get's the decision into the hand of the player.

I don't think we should wreck the player-economy on functioning worlds just to accommodate dead ones.
Crafting isn't a very lucrative pursuit for most classes, so not many people actively stockpile crafted items - when they do come up for a quest, it's a very rare opportunity to cash in.

I'll never get sick of saying this: Other players are the main content in this game. Find a good group and you'll never want for crafting products again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Annie-Bell

40K for honey? woot that's a deal!! :D try 100K per honey in kansas .. extra special honey i guess!!

Agree with above, gotta stop putting changes in game, if people buy it, good for the old west cowboy wheelers and dealers .. obv some of us just skip over quests (file it along side he "quest outstanding cause need stupid adventure"). Its part of the game, and yeah totally frustrating in some dead worlds if not on a team to find crafters but if you hook up with good team like said, then can help each other out.

Personally find in older worlds, can connect with good groups that make a point to help out whole team every time quest comes out, in newer worlds (for me kansas and vegas) my crafting level is so low cause i need craft inputs from others who are also so low cause need crafting input from others so we all sit there looking at honey for 100K :D

Dont want to see limit .. heck its even good for recruitment if you can provide crafting pools for your team. Lol I remember player that would get bunch of materials donated or even jsut take fom alliance members, craft up whole bunch of stuff then proudly state she keeping 1/3 for her, 1/3 for team at cost, and 1/3 putting on market for 50K a buff for her profits. You wouldnt believe how many saw that and came joined different team so totally promote greedy, play for self not team players :D

One thing thought might be nice is a npc crafter somewhere maybe in bottom county corner that if players provide mas could get crafts which would help in dead worlds, but the whole crafting/trade and whether you are the team that helps out players is actually great for connecting wih peeps and for recruiting to more helpful teams.

just my thoughts, do think there are so many changes needed in game but am hoping the essence of what game is isnt limited. Gooo greedy peeps! builds teams for others!! :D

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Good point about NPC. It would be pretty reasonable to add some angus quests that pop up once every 2-3 weeks and let you swap a typical quest craft of your profession and some cash or bonds for a comparable quest craft of the other professions.

Annie-Bell

oh like that! know have suggested to people to swap out other stuff there .. im sure people will make point of going there or checking every now and then, making him th popular npc in map :)