Outlaw Level - A whole new way of playing The West

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Personally, i don't think it should be locked, at least not yet. Eventually someone organized and insightful may take upon the task of debugging the 'idea' and fleshing it out to be a more balanced concept. But, as with any idea, it cannot be done alone.

As Gem indicated, this idea, in its present form, is unpalatable or unworkable. To make it work, to modify it to be palatable/workable, it helps to have a modicum of experience with how the game presently works, as well as knowing how the developers envision this game to work in the future. Without these start and endpoints, it's a guessing game that most won't be willing to venture.

I have not been playing this game long enough to know how this game presently works, yet I can eventually learn this simply by playing. So what remains is the vision. Most everyone else, I suspect, doesn't know what the developers envision. I do believe that is the missing piece for 'any future' concrete proposals. Gem... anyone... is there any place, anywhere in this forum, that details the developer(s)' vision for this game?

DeletedUser

Personally, i don't think it should be locked, at least not yet. Eventually someone organized and insightful may take upon the task of debugging the 'idea' and fleshing it out to be a more balanced concept. But, as with any idea, it cannot be done alone.

As Gem indicated, this idea, in its present form, is unpalatable or unworkable. To make it work, to modify it to be palatable/workable, it helps to have a modicum of experience with how the game presently works, as well as knowing how the developers envision this game to work in the future. Without these start and endpoints, it's a guessing game that most won't be willing to venture.

I have not been playing this game long enough to know how this game presently works, yet I can eventually learn this simply by playing. So what remains is the vision. Most everyone else, I suspect, doesn't know what the developers envision. I do believe that is the missing piece for 'any future' concrete proposals. Gem... anyone... is there any place, anywhere in this forum, that details the developer(s)' vision for this game?
The Force is strong with this one, too.

Diggo11

Lol now we can ask Violette and Elymr to lock it. After all this idea will NEVER fit the criteria and has turned into spam.

I hope they don't infract me or I will get really pissed :dry:

DeletedUser

Actually Hellscrimmage asked a very good question. We should ask the devs to help us help them.

DeletedUser

Lol now we can ask Violette and Elymr to lock it. After all this idea will NEVER fit the criteria and has turned into spam.

I hope they don't infract me or I will get really pissed :dry:

Nope, sorry you're stuck with me!

DeletedUser

Hmm, so Gem. What's the possibility of encouraging the developers to provide a model of what the developers envision, so we can help birth ideas that follow a supportive role?

Diggo11

Nope, sorry you're stuck with me!
Stuck? Not the terminology I would use. But it would be nice if you got little more active in conversations, just pointing out the faults and showing where it fails the criteria.

Anyway Gem can you lock this as it is not going anywhere, basically because it has nowhere to go.

DeletedUser

Digg, at this point, i don't agree. I think it has the potential for development and eventual inclusion. The problem is, we don't know which direction for it to go, because we don't know which direction this project, The West, is heading.

Until we gain insight, by provision of this information from Gem or one of the developers, as to which direction this project is going, this and any other ideas are dead in the water.

So, if you truly believe this idea is dead, then I guess you believe "every" idea posed by players is dead in the water. But, to be quite frank, I would prefer these sorts of decisions be made by those in the know, instead of us, who are those in the guessing game.

Diggo11

Erm may I read you the criteria?

1. The idea must be balanced and well thought out. If you haven't explored the positives and negatives, and looked at ways in which the idea could be exploited it isn't going to make it to a vote.

2. The idea must not require excessive admin interaction to prevent cheating. For example, lets say your idea is to allow trading of equipment between players, how do you prevent cheating without having an admin review each and every trade?

3. The idea must not change the concept behind the game.
1. Currently not balanced at all. Duellers are considered evil for attacking people and workers are considered evil for advanced jobs (robbing settlers for example).

2. Fine here.

3. Gem has already said this fails this part of the criteria, enough said.

The OP is gone and every post is simply spam. This has no hope and is simply being bumped by annoying noobs.

DeletedUser

Well, it's nice to know you think i'm annoying. As for me being a noob, only in this game, not on game development/design. As to the OP being gone, that is irrelevant. If there is something interesting presented, it shouldn't be dropped 'merely' because the original poster decided to leave the game.

#1 is a problem that can be addressed. #3 is exactly what i'm requesting... a clarification as to what the concept specifically is. In order to know that, we need to know what is the 'future' concept, since that is what we should 'mold' any presented idea to accommodate.

And finally, even if the OP were still playing this game, it shouldn't be heaved on the shoulders of the OP to make a good idea compatible with the developers goals. In truth, it really shouldn't be heaved on the players shoulders at all, but some may opt to take upon the chore, and for that you should zip it and allow them to put in an effort, especially since it's obvious you don't want to lift a finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.