out biding yourself

DeletedUser

Idea title: Count your already spent cash when you want to out bid yourself

Details of idea:
For now if you want to out bid yourself you need to spend cash first and then you will get the refund. This idea will change it to: Just spend the amount that you need to increase the bid.

Reasons for submitting: You might do not have enough cash to out bid yourself in this current system because some part of your cash in on the same item as minimum bid.
Assume that you have 120 K $ and you want to buy something with minimum bid 50 K $ and immediate purchase 100 K $. You already spend 50 K $ as minimum bid but the auction is going to end soon and you wont be online to see if anyone out bid you, so you decide to increase the bid to 80K so the chance of out biding become less. In this current system you can not, because you just left with 70 K on hand and already spend 50 K on minimum bid.

Does it enhance the gameplay, user interface, etc: Yes
----------------------------------------------------[MERGED WITH]--------------------------------------------------------
Proposal
I want to increase my market bid, so that I can make an instant purchase.

Current Workaround
If you have enough money to make the new bid, you can just do it.

Details
Hypothetical Recipe A is in the market now, and I've been stalking for it for weeks. The minimum bid is 300k, the “instant purchase” price is 350k. I make a stupid UI mistake, and make a bid of 300k, when I actually intended to purchase it instantly, and had in fact the money for it. However now that I made my bid of 300k, I'm left with only 50k in my account, and so I can't make the instant purchase.
Logically, there's no reason why I can't just add another 50k to my offer and make it a purchase; but the UI doesn't allow that. Honestly IMO it's more a bug than a missing feature…

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3230

If you have the cash on hand I see no reason for this not to work, good idea I'm for it.

DeletedUser30224

Another Idea that I will submit without polling at the end of the month. Unless of course you have strong objections.

DeletedUser

It makes sense as you would not normally have to do another bid, just increase the value of your bid. Good idea :)

DeletedUser

Another Idea that I will submit without polling at the end of the month. Unless of course you have strong objections.

This is what should happen to many other ideas, like those related to level of golden weapon and many more of those. I hope they got enough vote though.

DeletedUser30224

This is what should happen to many other ideas, like those related to level of golden weapon and many more of those. I hope they got enough vote though.

Golden weapon proposal affects only Soldiers. Poll was necessary. And as you can see, it will not pass:

Yes 48 64.86%
No 26 35.14%

DeletedUser

It's also way too easy to make a normal bid when you actually meant to do an instant purchase — 9 times out of ten I click the auction, click the number to automatically set the value of my bid to the instant purchase value, and click the button to submit the bid. But then occasionally there's that one auction where there's both normal bidding and instant purchase, and I'm in a hurry because I'm terrified someone else buys it first… ;)

DeletedUser16628

I don't mind the current system but understand that many folk are broke so it takes away their fun of the game.The idea makes sense so I'll thumbs up it.

DeletedUser30224

This proposal has been submitted to developers without the need for a vote. No further discussion is necessary.

Thank you

DeletedUser

Golden weapon proposal affects only Soldiers. Poll was necessary. And as you can see, it will not pass:

Yes 48 64.86%
No 26 35.14%

That's exactly why this should change. Just because some people vote NO it wont pass. I did not see any strong objection against it.

DeletedUser

That's exactly why this should change. Just because some people vote NO it wont pass. I did not see any strong objection against it.

I don't think you understood his post. It's being submitted to the devs without a vote.

DeletedUser

I don't think you understood his post. It's being submitted to the devs without a vote.

I understand this post, I was not commenting on vote system for this one, but your idea about lowering the GG quest. :hmf: