OT is now a Religion free zone.

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Betsy, Jun 3, 2010.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betsy

Betsy Guest

There will be no more threads in OT dedicated to Religion. There are forums galore that are available to anyone who wishes to chat about Religion with others of their faith or to debate with those of differing faiths.

And before anyone thinks to come back with "What about the Church of the Onion?", let me just say that that is a prime example of what should be posted in OT. Cute, lighthearted and not in the slightest provocative. Fun. Which is what OT is meant to be all about.

David Schofield likes this.
  2. Yeeee-haaah!

3. It's about time! Good decision, Betsy. :)

4. John Rose

John Rose Guest

Ah, Onionism. The way of the OT.

:cool:

5. Macky55

Macky55 Guest

WHAT?

The onion church is not provocative???

What would the believers of cheese think about that ?
    Be careful what you say before you say it, or there will be a great war of religions :nowink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    yallz likes this.
  6. lord3angle

lord3angle Guest

I'm a bit disappointed Betsy; but what else can I do? You're the mod and in authority even if its a bit prejudicial.

It would have been better to just let a thread for religion alone. Furthermore, the provocations in that thread are done by those who just can't leave it alone.

Anyway, still I hope you would reconsider, even if the light of hope would be very much dim.

king david likes this.
  7. Betsy

Betsy Guest

You may call me prejudicial if you choose. I take no offense to that.

There will no longer be any threads devoted to religion in this forum.

8. I jump for joy. The all powerful Onion has prevailed.

9. John Rose

John Rose Guest

Amen.

Onion with you sister Betsy, you truly are a saint for banishing all false religions!

10. Hellstromm

Hellstromm Guest

No l3, there was provocation on both sides, you just didn't see it because of your faith blinders. But I think the more important thing here, l3, is that the word was not well received, or resulting in something not amenable, therefore to continue posting merely fueled the fire. Thus I can readily say that having the daily gospel, and then the daily insights, threads hurt your alleged agenda far more than anything else. In that alone, it would have been prudent to have discontinued it of your own volition. That you did not --- caused many to question your agenda or, at the least, your wisdom.

So yes, OT is about fun. I approve of Betsy's decision to remove contentious discussion from OT. You may pose debate/discussion where it is expected --- in the D&D section --- within the section rules/guidelines posted here: (D&D Guidelines)

11. Diggo11

Diggo11 InnoGames

Just to clarify, may we still have religious references? For example can we start a daily thread posting proverbs from china, household sayings, popular expressions, the bible, etc so long as we don't preach one religion and instead focus on just the meaning? I know this is what daily insights was meant to be, but if we do it in an objective non religion base manner (yet partially sourced) is that fine?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  12. Hellstromm

Hellstromm Guest

That was the intent of Daily Insights, but it failed. Reread that thread from beginning to end and you'll see why such an endeavor just won't work.

Diggo11 likes this.
  13. Blondie14

Blondie14 Guest

However, if a thread to atheism were created, non of you would close it, instead would welcome it with open arms. Perhaps someone should rewrite the rules saying how you can't insult someone, but it's perfectly acceptable to bash their beliefs. I do believe that counts as an insult.

14. John Rose

John Rose Guest

Atheism isn't a religion, but I guess they don't teach you that in your book of fantasies ;)

15. Betsy

Betsy Guest

This was an announcement, not a point of discussion or debate. This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.