Osgood vs Fort Pawnee Rock

DeletedUser

We are calling for help! The fight starts in about 4 hours. We will offer our assistance to anyone who comes to fight on our side. Please message me at djones852 if you can help.

DeletedUser

You might want to mention which side is "our" side so everyone doesn't have to talk to you or figure it out themselves. :)

DeletedUser

We are attacking... Thank you Elmyr.. should have thought to mention that

DeletedUser

well the battle is almost here.

the battle has not even started the first round and I can see the defenders are going to win

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i was friend of both side and dont know whcih to choose:laugh:

DeletedUser

Too overwhelming

We outnumbered them so much that I got sidetracked dealing with my other world identities. If it was close I would've payed close attention to this one, as it was I just sat on the wall and fired into the slowly advancing line. You think these attackers would've learned from Picketts charge (Gettysburg) where the soldiers just walked up in a line.

When asked, years afterward, why his charge at Gettysburg failed, General Pickett said: "I've always thought the Yankees had something to do with it."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickett's_Charge#cite_note-1

It seems that some refining needs to done in either the strategies or programming to make fort assaults more fair. As it is now, there is a defensive strategy that, if followed, makes a fort almost impenetrable to an equal attacking force and that's the huddle in the middle strategy. You give up the advantage of the additional protection of the walls and towers for sheer overwhelming firepower on the attackers who choose to scale the walls/towers. It also appears that players who are not present during the battle are now stationary (in two recent attacks I've seen many attackers that don't move and they don't have their green dot indicating they are on line). The attacking general and defending general should be able to select some very basic AI strategy for the computer to simulate for players who are not present.

DeletedUser

"It also appears that players who are not present during the battle are now stationary"

In our most recent battle, I was online and watched one of my friends move from her starting position to a position on the wall. And then just stayed there. She was not online. I asked her about it later and she said that after choosing her starting position, she chose a target position for the battle. If you are not online, that target position is where you will stay for the remainder of the battle. If you do not choose a target position, the computer chooses your targets for you and will move you accordingly throughout the battle.

DeletedUser

The computer always choses your targets. It is a common mistake in Fort battles that folks think they are aiming at an enemy when infact all you are doing is running in to bullets.

DeletedUser1105

The computer always choses your targets.

That's not true. You can click on an enemy and their icon goes white - you will then aim at that person. (But you are right about the target)

DeletedUser

The computer always choses your targets. It is a common mistake in Fort battles that folks think they are aiming at an enemy when infact all you are doing is running in to bullets.

I wasn't using the term target to refer to aim and shoot. I was using the term target to refer to the position. Which is the terminology used in the forts.

DeletedUser1105

I think you're wrong.

I'm not. Once you have started a fort battle, try it. You can do two things:

Move your target: Click on your own player, and then the square you wish to move to.

Aim at someone: Just click on the enemy. If the arrow goes towards them, then it's been done wrong and you are moving your target.

DeletedUser

Aim at someone: Just click on the enemy. If the arrow goes towards them, then it's been done wrong and you are moving your target.

I hate to disagree with you, but you're wrong. You can select an enemy to view them, but you still aim at the closest target.

From Help > Forts > Fort Battle > In the fort battle:

Shooting

Each player shoots automatically at the closest enemy that he can see. It is not possible to shoot at another target.

Also, the most common mistake people make in their first few fort battles when first joining the battle is thinking that the second step, selecting your target, refers to the person at whom you'll be shooting. It actually refers to movement in your first round, which is why so many people charge the enemy and quickly die.

DeletedUser

it looks like all of the attackers are going after all of the defenders player by koing them in duels it looks like they are going to go after the fort again.

DeletedUser

I'm not. Once you have started a fort battle, try it. You can do two things:

Move your target: Click on your own player, and then the square you wish to move to.

I tried it, you are wrong EM.

DeletedUser1105

Ah well, I was going off information I was told off someone else, and it seemed to work in the fort battle I was in.

Never mind. Can't be right ALL of the time, eh? ;)