Original avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harsha..

Saw this on Juarez

1587125248733.png

One of the orginial classic west avatars. All round agreement they look cooler than most of the new avatars we have today. If one of the moderators can get that avatar, it would be fair to allow rest of the playerbase to request and pick one.

Whenever a player crosses a certain time period playing they could be allowed to get one, as a small memento of having played for so long.

RaiderTr

There was already a topic about this some months ago.
And they just said it was one of the Mod/GM .. privileges.. which we aren't allowed in any way.

We requested an old (but Gold) Avatar sale for New Year Event but.. yea.

DeletedUser34084

One of the orginial classic west avatars. All round agreement they look cooler than most of the new avatars we have today. If one of the moderators can get that avatar, it would be fair to allow rest of the playerbase to request and pick one.
I agree with this guy. I mean, if moderators are able to ban people and do all kinds of stuff, I believe everyone should do that. If moderators get monthly nugget payment for their duties, I believe everyone here should get free nuggets. Right? Oh, and let's not forget Christmas presents, which are way more overpowered than an avatar and might actually help you in game (haven't followed the latest items, but I'm sure whatever you must pay money in order to buy might be overpowered as crazy, at least for a few months)

Aren't there better things to whinge about, than a stupid avatar owned by one person? :p

Harsha..

I agree with this guy. I mean, if moderators are able to ban people and do all kinds of stuff, I believe everyone should do that. If moderators get monthly nugget payment for their duties, I believe everyone here should get free nuggets. Right? Oh, and let's not forget Christmas presents, which are way more overpowered than an avatar and might actually help you in game (haven't followed the latest items, but I'm sure whatever you must pay money in order to buy might be overpowered as crazy, at least for a few months)

Aren't there better things to whinge about, than a stupid avatar owned by one person? :p

Better things....like merging worlds, nerfing union set, fixing FF formula, putting an end to tombola simulation, opening a permanent classic world? - to use your own words:

It's been a lost cause for years my dude.

I have more than a thousand posts on this forum. I've spent the big chunk of that time talking about the big issues with pretty much zero impact. I've just gotten a better understanding of what is actually possible and what's not possible. Sadly, minor things like avatars are one of the few things that are.

I know dude, when you're feeling bored, writing witty and sarcastic posts on the internet can be fun and make you feel good about yourself. But what's even the point of these forums existing if talking about all things is supposedly pointless?

I wrote that post, not to complain, but as a veteran player who has played since 2008, is nostalgic about the old avatars and would love an opportunity to get one again. If they sell it for some nuggets, I would be interested.

Last edited:

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Having an original avatar isn't a mod privilege. I still have one of the original avatars on my profile because when the new system got released I never changed to the new ones. There plenty of players who aren't mods/admin who have the original avatars for the same reason.

RaiderTr

I guess you missed the "Juarez" part.

What you talk about is pre-v2.0 servers and not much of them left I believe.
And in others, it's a Mod privilege.

DeletedUser34084

I wrote that post, not to complain, but as a veteran player who has played since 2008, is nostalgic about the old avatars and would love an opportunity to get one again. If they sell it for some nuggets, I would be interested.
Then make the post as a suggestion instead of whinging about it being unfair that a mod has the avatar? :p

DeletedUser15368

Then make the post as a suggestion
Whenever a player crosses a certain time period playing they could be allowed to get one, as a small memento of having played for so long.
He made a suggestion (I sort of disagree, paywall the cosmetics and let the sets be free imo) :p There's been many other threads and posts about it too.

Al35ul

I thought this was previously explained by @kuro90 to what exactly it was but it seems that wasn't as self explanatory as it seemed to me. The old avatars were given to the team as a Christmas present, hardly a "mod privilege".

I went ahead and created an avatar with the new tools so I no longer have this massively advantageous avatar that obviously breaks the game,so everyone should be happy now.

And since I no longer see a purpose to this thread,it is now locked.

OP , you're more than welcomed to make a new post and suggest your original idea under the "Ideas & Brainfarts" tab.

Happy Gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.