orgo's artwork

DeletedUser

Thanks guys.

Here are some works in progress (a few of many):

greenhorn.jpg

I wanted to redesign all the character portraits for The West. This was the female Greenhorn. Of course, Beta has released a new avatar system which is pretty darn cool. So I've abandoned this project.

Very nice, I agree that the female and male greenhorn need a complete re-working in terms of avatars. What program do you use or do you just sketch and paint and then post it online?

heiligen_Krieger.jpg

"Heiligen Krieger". I belong to a small table-top RPG group. We play a game called Ars Magica and one of my characters is a German knight that fought for Otto IV in the Battle of Bouvines. This is supposed to be his portrait.

I like this one a lot as Lasarstar said your drawings have so much expression on the faces of the characters.

antagonist.jpg

This is to be a female antagonist in a story I want to draw (comic novel). That's all I have right now. I want a female "bad guy" and I want her to look something like this and be very corrupt and powerful.

That is the best drawing of all, your work is amazing. Whats the plot of the comic book? Do you have any other sketches? If you release it to the public i'll buy it. :):p

Well, that's it for now. I'll update as paintings get completed or I have new sketches to show that are worth showing.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Responses in bold :up:

DeletedUser20688

@John Cena 619: I have two degrees in art and illustration, but mostly it's all just a lot of constant practice and study. I also just love to draw and paint all the time. I try to draw or paint at least one hour a day.

@Lasarstar: Thanks! That's a humbling compliment. I always try to have some level of narrative in my work.

@momo: Thanks mate!

@HIHI: I used Photoshop (CS5) and a Wacom tablet to do the whole thing. I used PS again to resource the JPG. Actually, I have no idea about the comic yet. I just want to use this character as the main antagonist. Thanks for the very kind words!

DeletedUser

Any chance i could request something here or is this just a gallery type thing.

DeletedUser20688

I'd like to just keep this a self-promo gallery. At this time, I only have time for client work and self-promo stuff.

DeletedUser

the last drawing in post #17 resembles Amy Lee from Evanescence just a little. I love it.

You are divinely talented my friend!

DeletedUser17048

nice, you've got some cool looking pics i enjoyed taking a look at them and good luck

DeletedUser31859

You have really inspired me. Now, even I am spending time on drawings, Till now, I have drawn Some football club badges and some tattoos.

DeletedUser20688

Nice job John.

By the way, I recommend two textbooks to anyone interested in improving their drawing skills:

1. The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: The 1999, 3rd Edition - Betty Edwards.

Awesome textbook. Read the whole thing front to back and do all the exercises. It takes most about 2-3 months (A typical American college semester) to complete that. It's well worth the work and time.

2. How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way, Stan Lee & John Buscema

Another awesome drawing textbook. This book is much more about basic drawing than comic books. In fact, maybe the last two chapters actually deal with drawing panels. The rest is the hardcore basics: 3D primitives, perspective, figure work, line work/contours, etc.

Read this one front to back and draw everything you see in the book from cover to cover.

Textbooks are a great way to learn how to draw and those two are a couple of the best.

DeletedUser

Great work :) I stick with 3d myself as skills like yours make me say no way to attempting to paint any more stick figures :p

DeletedUser563

I liked your work but the painting of that master artist futurama inspires me the most. He once drew a picture of him walking his dogs. That was truly stunning.

DeletedUser1121

Is it just me or do i get really dirty associations with the pupil of the large eye?