Open Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser25384

Real tired of Peeps 30, 40, 50 and plus Levels above mine dueling me when its absolutely impossible to even come close to having a chance. Therefore any workers affiliated by town, alliance or friends I now consider fair game .

DeletedUser39260

That's the game. And nobody wants to try to fix it. They just tell you to knock yourself out, which doesn't work, only if your dueled.

DeletedUser39378

How does that work? I thought you could only duel people within 10 levels?

DeletedUser25384

Well check it out ~ [report=18520432c113a10460]Duel: infiniti99 vs. ColeThornton[/report] ~ That's way more than 10 levels HUH ! He's 53 levels up on me, that's 53 ATTRIBUTE POINTS and 159 SKILL POINTS more than I have. Nothing FAIR about that HUH!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

it all depends on your duel level, not on your actual level:
https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Duels#Duelling_level

just calculate your dueling range:
Max Duel Level of Opponent = (7 * Your Duelling Level + 4) / 5
Min Duel Level of Opponent = (5 * Your Duelling Level + 4) / 7

basically, if you can be dueled by people 53 levels above you, it's your own fault. it just means you dueled a lot and won a lot of duels, to the point where your duel level increased so much that high level players with low duel level (because they didn't duel much) can now duel you. you'll just have to deal with it...

DeletedUser25384

Wow so its my fault Ehhh. Sheesh, how pompous a reply that is. So basically I'm a Lightweight boxer with too good of a record so now according to you I can only fight Heavyweights. Lmao, nice try.

Pankreas PorFavor

Wow so its my fault Ehhh. Sheesh, how pompous a reply that is.

I explained how the game works. The rules that are the same for everyone. If that's pompous, ok.
As I played also as a pure trader adventurer level 150 and DL also 150, and getting regularly KOd by players level 50 or 60 levels lower than me (yes, players level 90 not just winning a duel, but knocking out a player 60 levels higher), I can tell you that I don't see any problems with your situation. as a worker with a dueling build and +7000 duel wins, I also don't see a problem with your situation. it's a standard part of the game. winning all duels all the time? nope, sorry.

So basically I'm a Lightweight boxer with too good of a record so now according to you I can only fight Heavyweights. Lmao, nice try.

"basically" :rolleyes: that metaphor makes no sense. you're a lightweight boxer who doesn't know much about boxing (and that's only your fault) and now that you stepped in the ring with heavyweight boxers you whine about getting your ass kicked and how unfair the game is. maybe you should have learned the rules first? also, that lightweight boxer can't grow 10 inches and put on 50 pounds of muscles. you can. work on leveling up and reduce that SP/AP gap. in the mean time, try to protect yourself from getting beat, just like your previous targets had to. it's as simple as that.
I know it was fun to go around KOing others, now it's time to taste your own medicine. it's how the game works. fun, eh?

DeletedUser25384

Lmao again, what a crock of Dung. Your a high level Elitist player defending other High level peeps that are allowed to duel down because there's not much else for them too do once leveling out. Everyone knows it and your just sugar coating a completely unfair means of keeping happy the toasts' of town sugar daddies . I am not allowed to duel down on players that far below me. Why, because my points are so much higher than those below me that its just unfair. But oh jeez wait a minute hold the phone once you climb up higher than average mid-level players well of course fairness just disappears. Typical reasoning coming from the air you breath way up there in the clouds, Ehhhh:rolleyes:

asdf124

Lmao again, what a crock of Dung. Your a high level Elitist player defending other High level peeps that are allowed to duel down because there's not much else for them too do once leveling out. Everyone knows it and your just sugar coating a completely unfair means of keeping happy the toasts' of town sugar daddies . I am not allowed to duel down on players that far below me. Why, because my points are so much higher than those below me that its just unfair. But oh jeez wait a minute hold the phone once you climb up higher than average mid-level players well of course fairness just disappears. Typical reasoning coming from the air you breath way up there in the clouds, Ehhhh:rolleyes:
I used to duel up, it was a nice challenge. :oops:

You are only complaining because you aren't up for the challenge.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser25384

Wow, thank you for that "better than thou" moment... I think your pipe needs a refill, eh.:confused:

Pankreas PorFavor

Lmao again, what a crock of Dung. Your a high level Elitist player defending other High level peeps that are allowed to duel down because there's not much else for them too do once leveling out. Everyone knows it and your just sugar coating a completely unfair means of keeping happy the toasts' of town sugar daddies .

you've already shown us in your first post that you don't understand the game mechanics, why do you still insist on showing this? knowing the rules doesn't make anyone "elitist". that's just bs.
you didn't cry when you were winning duels against people 30-40-50 duels above you (and 0 their AP/SP assigned to dueling skills). but you're crying now that someone re-skilled and decided to fight back? you talk about fairness? seriously? you don't get your DL to a point where people with 53 levels advantage can duel you by "fair dueling". grow a pair and face the consequences of your decisions and your play style.

does this make me elitist? https://prnt.sc/o29s01 https://prnt.sc/o29syi
he is 64 levels below me and he almost KOd me (maybe you can learn a thing or two from this player?).
is it really my fault if I now hit him back in dueling gear, or if I reskill to a dueling build to complete some quests and hit him and other players like him? will that make it "unfair"? levels mean practically NOTHING. it's about how you distribute your SP/AP and what gear you have. when you're level 80-90 and your DL is almost 2x higher than your character level, you're practically just asking for it...

I am not allowed to duel down on players that far below me. Why, because my points are so much higher than those below me that its just unfair. But oh jeez wait a minute hold the phone once you climb up higher than average mid-level players well of course fairness just disappears. Typical reasoning coming from the air you breath way up there in the clouds, Ehhhh:rolleyes:

are you seriously saying that once you level up you will be able to duel people 50 levels below you? really? that's all it takes? that's just sad... :( please, read about duel level, what is its purpose and how it works. stop embarrassing yourself.

Harsha..

Day 1: Duels were introduced
Day 2 - today: People started complaining

The thing about duels is it teaches us all a very poignant lesson - that life's not fair. You might be good in it, but there will always be someone with a much bigger gun out there to cut you down to size. The people who complain refuse to accept this fact of life. There are many other games out there where you might play without you being forced to face this harsh reality. I don't see the point of complaining about a feature that's as old as the game itself.

RaiderTr

Well, current mechanism could use a revise or two. But it's highly doubtful considering Inno's current "Development" policy.

So If you are not up to the challenge... either lose lots of Duels to players with very high Duel level and lower yours.. or KO yourself every 3 days.

Or..
Stay Townless.

That said..
Pay to win +2 Sets aren't fun to deal with.

DeletedUser25384

Well, Thank God ! Your on here to put everyone in their place. Sheesh... According to you I'm a cry baby, can't properly build a playing character, have no clue to the game mechanics, I have no BALLS and its all my fault. Wow this reeks of Elitism just a Tad, Ehh:rolleyes: Elitist = 1. A person who believes that they are superior to others(and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors. 2. Somebody who believes that society should be ruled by an elite class.

Pankreas PorFavor

Well, Thank God ! Your on here to put everyone in their place. Sheesh...

not everyone, just those who deserve it.

According to you I'm a cry baby, can't properly build a playing character, have no clue to the game mechanics, I have no BALLS and its all my fault.

I didn't put your character in a position where people 50 levels above you can duel you. you did.
I didn't whine about losing those duels. you did.
so why are you complaining on the forum about the choices you made? why are you blaming players for "unfair" dueling, when you got to this situation exactly by doing the same thing?

Real tired of Peeps 30, 40, 50 and plus Levels above mine dueling me when its absolutely impossible to even come close to having a chance.

as the screenshots I posted prove - it's not "absolutely impossible". it's harder than what you're used to, but you brought that on yourself.

Wow this reeks of Elitism just a Tad, Ehh:rolleyes: Elitist = 1. A person who believes that they are superior to others(and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors. 2. Somebody who believes that society should be ruled by an elite class.

if you can find one example in this thread where anyone except yourself requested a favoured status, please post it.
so far, all I have seen is a player who won so many duels that his DL is almost twice as high as his character level, and now that he is in the same situation as his previous targets - he would like a change so that what he did to others, others couldn't do to him. if anyone believes he deserves favoured status, it's you.

btw. since you like quoting definitions so much, I have one for you too: Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

DeletedUser25384

Oopps, Guess I hit a INNO nerve. No reason too get your Chonies all in A Bunch. I may have a high DL but rest assured its not from dueling peeps that are 30,40 or 50+ levels below me. You show me one player in any world whose 30levels below me that I can duel and I'll shut the hell up.. Got it Mr INNO...

Pankreas PorFavor

Oopps, Guess I hit a INNO nerve. No reason too get your Chonies all in A Bunch. I may have a high DL but rest assured its not from dueling peeps that are 30,40 or 50+ levels below me. You show me one player in any world whose 30levels below me that I can duel and I'll shut the hell up.. Got it Mr INNO...

who said anything about a level advantage? you still don't understand that this is completely irrelevant? I even took out the crayons and drew a picture for you, and you still don't get it? a player with 64 levels advantage loses the duel easily to someone with almost 50% less SP/AP available, did you see that? but more important, did you understand what it means? no, I guess you did not.
you increased your DL. you did not bother to understand the mechanics of the game. you started whining about losing duels. you started threatening workers, as if the character class has anything to do with it.
stop blaming Innogames and other players for your own decisions. you're only embarrassing yourself.

btw. I don't play Idaho and I have no idea what level you are (you said mid range, so I guess 70-90?), but I have no doubt that there are other noobs out there that have raised their DL so high that even you can duel them, despite the 30 levels advantage.

DeletedUser25384

LMFAO....:rolleyes: Who said anything about a level advantage?

I guess your were still out playing King of the Hill when I first posted. If peeps need that much of an advantage ( 30, 40, 50 levels up ) to beat someone, well maybe when they duel the code should probably make all their gear disappear too . Eeehh !

Pankreas PorFavor

LMFAO....:rolleyes: Who said anything about a level advantage?

I guess your were still out playing King of the Hill when I first posted. If peeps need that much of an advantage ( 30, 40, 50 levels up ) to beat someone, well maybe when they duel the code should probably make all their gear disappear too . Eeehh !

you're hopeless. level difference is irrelevant, you're the only one going on about it, even after it was proven to you that it's easily possible to beat someone even +60 levels above you. maybe the gear of a player that's 60 levels lower and has a dueling build should disappear when they attack a pure trader or a HP tank? meh, you're just ridiculous.
and this may come as a surprise to you, but dueling in The West is not about fair play. if it was, you wouldn't be able to get your DL so high. now that you've made all those bad decisions, enjoy the fruits of your labor and hold the short end of the stick.

(btw. since you didn't tell me about your level, I looked around one of the worlds where I play and found a player level 59 with DL 94 - does that qualify him as "one player in any world whose 30levels below me that I can duel" and will that make you "shut the hell up" as you so eloquently put?)

Status
Not open for further replies.