Only one communicating in our town's Forum

DeletedUser529

Do you get the feeling you are the only player actually saying anything in your town's forum. It seems that player interest is waning by the look of town's forums. Many players tell me there forums are just like a GHOST town where most players hardly say anything at all.

:eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

Ours aren't very active, but we usually just post if we have something that needs discussing.

DeletedUser

Neither are ours.
There's maybe 2 new posts a day. And those are usually on what to build next or about the quests.

DeletedUser

I think this is partly because the forum navigation is so bad. They are planning on adding a chat feature to the game, I believe, which should make things a bit more sociable.

DeletedUser

Part of the problem in my town is that we speak at least 4 different languages, and it's a pain to have to translate everything. That would probably be a lot worse with a chat.

DeletedUser

A problem of the game is that people don't need to communicate with each other ... you don't have to be friendly with a neighbor who might protect you like in Tribal Wars ...

People end up sending more mail to enemy duelers then they do people in their own town.

DeletedUser

A problem of the game is that people don't need to communicate with each other ... you don't have to be friendly with a neighbor who might protect you like in Tribal Wars ...

People end up sending more mail to enemy duelers then they do people in their own town.

I keep thinking this would improve if we had the same friend feature as the other TW has

With some players only needing to log in every 8 hrs it can get a bit lonely on the town forums.

DeletedUser

Yep, I talk to myself all the time. I think the rest of my town members just ignore me now.

Oxo, you and Whistlingleaf should come join New Kansas, then we could sit in the saloon and drink all of Henry Walker's whisky instead of dueling each other... :cool:

DeletedUser

TSC forums are pretty active ... I've been in many high pop towns on other worlds though and it ain't too pretty for the most part.

Maybe they'll allow other towns to take part of a towns forum like in Tribal Wars ... that would certainly help the family towns keep up forum activity. Splitting towns apart and trying to use external forums doesn't work if the majority of people don't sign up...

Attrition is the real killer of the game ...

And if I came to your saloon and drank all of Henry's whiskey then I wouldn't be able to shoot straight ! :banditb:

DeletedUser

Yep same here, it's as if when at a new town the forum is hot, but as time goes by it just dies lol.

I do it though I read peoples posts but don't reply most of the time, so I guess the same goes for everyone :)

DeletedUser

I personally like it quite. White noise is annoying. I only post when absolutely necessary and if it's really important (for one person) then I tele them.

DeletedUser

Our town forums have 500% the activity that these do. Tracy seems to be level-headed, and only moderates when the post or thread is going to cause harm to the forum in some way. I can't knock Tracey, she doesn't abuse her power, and is probably one of the few reasons this board gets any traffic at all.

Both Gem and Hightower were pretty power hungry at the beginning- moving threads to other areas, editing out bits of posts as they saw fit, et cetera, but now they've mellowed.

But now we have our newest moderator, drakengard89 who has never been a moderator before. Look at the number of threads on the first page. Half of them are ones he's locked!

Folks, they are called forums because they are supposed to provide a venue for free exchange of idas. As of now, they aren't being used- look at the traffic stats, I have. Now compare that with the number of people playing the game. It's pathetic.

Tracey this isn't a knock against you (I've already given opinion about how you run things and you score high marks), but did you interview for these other
positions? Surely you couldn't have. This forum could be a living, thriving place- generating new interest in the game, keeping motivation high to keep playing.

obviously you're going to have spam, and the occasional goatse gram, and these people should have their forum membership revoked and the thread deleted. In extreme cases there can be some in game responses to to those that don't get the message.

cliffs: Tracy is a good admin, she/he/it seems very level headed.
Gem, Hightower, and especially drakengard89 need to have their leash yanked.

DeletedUser

In defense of the hard-working mods here. People should be happy they have the mods they do, a lot more posts would be removed and threads locked if I had the job! The reason Tracy doesn't remove/lock more than she does is that the others do a good job of keeping things pretty well under control. I don't think Gem and Hightower have actually slacked off, I think they are just able to do less now because they have more help.

No posts have been removed from our town forums partially because we have no set rules, but also because all of our members have been polite to each other and don't spam.

DeletedUser529

I thought this was about someone's Town Forum, not these forums.

Absolutely correct this thread has moved off course and has nothing to do with the PUBLIC forum at all.

My hat is off to all the forum MODS. I have absoluetly no complaint in how they are handling their jobs. They can't win everyone hearts and mind and no matter what they do will irritate someone.

Now back to the purpose of this thread.

Many players think that it is the responsiblity of the GAME DEVELOPERS to make this a great game. Well I am shocked that they think like this. The players that say and think this are not giving this game the chance that it deserves.

These same players never say or do anything in towns forums at all but they only come into the game very briefly and then leave. One of our players recently told me that this is a boring game and it's the fault of the DEVELOPERS to make it fun for him. What a LOAD of CR-P.

It is up to us to put the fun into it by being active on the battlefield, active in the FORUMS and fully communicative to other players. The towns forum is a good venue to meet friends and discuss the towns future and each players responsibility to work as a team.

Are players that lazy that they can't spend a few minutes to say hi in the forum?:mad:

The GAME DEVELOPERS have or are making a GREAT game and as players it is our responsibilty to take it to the next level.

There are far to many good players who I have alot of respect and we need more not less.

I work very hard and everyone above me has also worked very hard so it should not be that difficult to convince others to also be more active.

Sorry and I apologize for venting and being rather long winded but this is irritating me. It is like a Burr between the saddle and the horses back. A sore point.

I FULLY support this game and as long as I play I will keep my premium account going as a sign of support. I have a good feeling that this game is going places and we just have to remain patient.

It is our game as well so input is needed from everyone, they (The game developers) not only need our input but we all benefit from each others level of activity.

If we want a great game then we have to step up to the BAR and do something about it.

Now that being said the NEXT round of drinks are on me, meet me in ABANDONED HOPE-Sanity Division. Leave your money at home as the drinks are on the house.....lol

Great playing with ALL of you.

If anyone wants to ever mail me, my mail box is always open.

Woot woot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like the forum at my town, but present version of the West does not display properly on my computer, I'm using Net-book and it can only display max of 1024 x 600, can anyone please, tell me "How to fix this so that the Forum can display properly like previous version of the West?".

DeletedUser22685

If you're getting all your words, thread titles and usernames all crammed into random places on top of each other and can't read anything, click the button down the bottom to "Open forum in a new window", then press Ctrl + F5 twice in the new window and then it should be fine for you to open in-game from now on.

DeletedUser

If you're getting all your words, thread titles and usernames all crammed into random places on top of each other and can't read anything, click the button down the bottom to "Open forum in a new window", then press Ctrl + F5 twice in the new window and then it should be fine for you to open in-game from now on.

Thank you, I've try it and my problems are fixed.:D