Online Poker?

DeletedUser

I play RL poker, and I'm considering playing some online poker as well.

DeletedUser

I forgot I made this post and just found it again lol

Ulthor - Concerns about multis? how do you mean bud? what concerns?

John Rose - I prefer live poker too but if you do decide to play I recommend VC poker

angelaiah013 - ummm not too sure about how to make a link but here goes: www.VCpoker.com

If you havent played before you can play with play money... where you get 1000points to play with. Also for new members you get something like 30days to enter "Beginner" Tournaments, Where you can own noobs ;)

DeletedUser

Ulthor - Concerns about multis? how do you mean bud? what concerns?

One person with more than one seat at the same table...I think you can see the potential for abuse.

John Rose - I prefer live poker too but if you do decide to play I recommend VC poker

Online poker isn't poker, it's an entirely different game where you can't see the people you're playing against. It can also be harder to play against bad players than good ones because they can be less predictable.

DeletedUser

Ahhh i see, I'm not sure how they control multis or players working together using external chat like MSN or skype.. But saying that I seem to do o.k and I put a mark against any players that I suspect to be cheating and avoid them where possible!

Obviously online poker is poker.. But i do agree its a totally different game. I went from playing live single table tourneys with friends and at my local rileys to playing online which in my opinion is favourable compared to playing online and then going live. Playing against amatuers is always unpredictable wether your staring straight at them or looking at there avatar online.. I guess online you just get more amatuers. I think if you pick your tables right, online poker can be fun and finanially beneficial :)

I play 6 or 10 seat tournaments with a $2-$10 buy in with the occasional $2 1000 seat tournament on sundays depending on how my week has gone and if i cant find a live game ;)

DeletedUser

And there's nothing better than winning a tourney and then finding you've won 2 duels in the meantime ;)

Red Falcon

I play online Poker on MySpace. It's called Texas Hold'Em Poker. Who's ever heard of it or played it before?

DeletedUser

I was hoping he meant Texas Hold Em on MySpace, not Texas Hold Em in generally. That's pretty much what we play where I come from too. ;)

DeletedUser

Lol.

Last week some Scottish guy came over while we were playing and asked us to play 3 card brag next time, you ever played that elmyr?

DeletedUser

No, I used to screw around with other games, but Texas Hold Em is all I ever play anymore.

DeletedUser

Online poker is a little different animal. "Reading" a player is different when you can not see the persons mannerisms, gestures, etc... It becomes solely based on betting patterns.

There is also that element of having people at the table that are playing under their average valued table.
i.e. If I make 1 million a year (I would not be on this forum if I did) and sign into a $2 no-limit table. Do you think I would give a crap if I chased a straight flush to the river while holding 2D/JH and not getting it? No... with that in mind there will always be those few at a table/tourny that will chase and get lucky and piss you off. It does not matter how perfectly you played the hand. Just that some guy that does not care about the money is in it for the thrill and not playing proper poker.

That example is a little extreme but you get the point.

DeletedUser

online poker is illegal and most people who set them up do so outside of US juristriction

DeletedUser

:) thank god i live in england then!!!

i played a 600 seat $5 freezeout tournament last night and i came 18th :D should of made the last 10 but oh well

woop woop

DeletedUser

i am not 18 but i play hol up and am quite good and hope it gets added to this