old sets in new quest prerequisites

DeletedUser36098

why oh why have i found 2 vials with weapon sets from 2013 or older? we all know they are a waste of space now with the newer weapons being better by far than the older versions but still inno persist in their throwing old in with the new. it is as if they are looking to punish players for finding these sets. maybe they dislike the fact they have to keep adding new quests into the game to make it more appealing to players. to be honest putting old sets in that are no more use than door stops, makes it less likely players will complete quests on the grounds that they are starting to push old rubbish.

please, if you are putting old stuff in new quests, at least make them a little more useful.

DeletedUser39379

Then you just sell them on the market or to the mobile trader if you don't like them. For some those old sets have (emotional) value.

RaiderTr

Surely they couldve just put some more recent Sets like '14-15 something.

And, wouldn't it be better if they were modernized a bit as well? :)
Removing the level requirement/s to begin with.

DeletedUser36098

Then you just sell them on the market or to the mobile trader if you don't like them. For some those old sets have (emotional) value.

but you have not answered the question of why put them in a new quest prerequisite. they are relics of the past only now .. collectors may already have the full sets. newer players will be looking for relevant sets that they can use regardless of their levels . new sets are better at a lower level than these old sets are already so no way will they will be looking to get them.

is there a point to their release in this way, other than pushing rubbish that will not improve the games perceived value to new players?

DeletedUser39379

but you have not answered the question of why put them in a new quest prerequisite. they are relics of the past only now .. collectors may already have the full sets. newer players will be looking for relevant sets that they can use regardless of their levels . new sets are better at a lower level than these old sets are already so no way will they will be looking to get them.

is there a point to their release in this way, other than pushing rubbish that will not improve the games perceived value to new players?

I didn't design this quest/concept so I can't answer on why they put what things in those glass tubes.

But yeah you don't like this concept and/or don't like it to receive sets from long ago without direct use, that's your opinion. But now your assuming others don't want them either and they should be removed.

Also I think you miss the point of the these glass tubes because these sets are not a perquisite for a new quest. The tubes contain different thing, some you need for the quest, and some are other things. Some useful and some are not that useful. That makes looking for these tubes more interesting because maybe you get something nice, but you don't know it yet. But if you don't want to look for the tubes you can buy the map pieces and start the quest so when you get a cloth/weaponset out of the tubes that does not make it harder it do the quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tucker Blue

i thought it was weird to have a quest that is open to level 30 players and gives sets that require level 50 to wear. i got a Natty Bumpoo and a Will Munny, sold them for wholesale and it still took a week.

DeletedUser36098

here is another question that probably will not get a reply worth reading .. are the tubes a constant thing for the quest, up to the 100 max limit or is the quest going to be a short time thing with a possible chance to do it at another time. i am still 48 letter pieces short of the needs for this and i doubt i would find 48 in the 60 glass vials I have not found yet

DeletedUser36098

You only need x2 of each letter to complete the quest

the 2 at the start for each other than 1 extra made 9 pieces. this time it needs 2 each for this step .. there is a further step asking for more at a later time. so the question still remains .. where do I find these items now?

Pankreas PorFavor

the 2 at the start for each other than 1 extra made 9 pieces. this time it needs 2 each for this step .. there is a further step asking for more at a later time. so the question still remains .. where do I find these items now?

"i am still 48 letter pieces short" - do you really think that so many other players that have completed this quest have found that many letter pieces in glass tubes (and you can only find 100 of them)? you don't need that many letter pieces, Al35ul is right.

DeletedUser36098

"i am still 48 letter pieces short" - do you really think that so many other players that have completed this quest have found that many letter pieces in glass tubes (and you can only find 100 of them)? you don't need that many letter pieces, Al35ul is right.

so where are the vials? do they still drop or are they a time limited item and thus not available now .. I have yet to have an answer , as i predicted at the start

Pankreas PorFavor

so where are the vials? do they still drop or are they a time limited item and thus not available now .. I have yet to have an answer , as i predicted at the start

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/civil-war-story.58398/
you should pay more attention to the forum and in-game announcements: "From June 12th until July 2nd you will have the chance to find up to 100 of a small glass tube with a little luck while doing jobs on the map"

also, asking in Saloon chat is a much faster way to get this information.