oktoberfest thread!

DeletedUser34767

My totals were off yesterday. They are correct now. Not sure if the update from this morning had anything to do with fixing the totals, but mine have been fine today.

Red Falcon

Here's why I hate events like Oktoberfest but why I feel the strongest need to play them whenever I can...

* I hate them because it's possible to lose and you have to pay nuggets or bonds to be able to win!
* I also hate them because if you lose a 'round' you have to re-play the round in order for it to count towards your next 'goal item'
* These damn events are only for a limited amount of time and they are getting to be WAY too commonplace!
* I feel as though I have to play through them; otherwise I will be missing out on an item which could potentially increase the amount of labor points I could have towards a specific job or jobs

Ya'll can agree or disagree but I have a right to post my thoughts on this topic since it's already been brought up here.

DeletedUser35968

Here's why I hate events like Oktoberfest but why I feel the strongest need to play them whenever I can...

* I hate them because it's possible to lose and you have to pay nuggets or bonds to be able to win!
* I also hate them because if you lose a 'round' you have to re-play the round in order for it to count towards your next 'goal item'
* These damn events are only for a limited amount of time and they are getting to be WAY too commonplace!

Ya'll can agree or disagree but I have a right to post my thoughts on this topic since it's already been brought up here.

I agree with these. And adding one:

* Every event makes the rich more powerful.
e.g., Doc's set . They get more skills in dueling compared to others.. and they earn a lot of ingame money by selling them

DeletedUser

i actually making a lot of money on em and haven't wasted a nugget, heck on w16 i got a steel chest which contained a key 3 :D on a free draw, actually had quite a few super stuff and almost only do 25 bond or free draws, sometimes 150 bond draws if i get those nice bond envelopes

also getting bavarian set is quite easy now you can use bonds

having said that those new sets are significantly worse then the older sets, george rifle set is even worse then the GG set, the set itself if it had a decent necklace atleast it would be nice

but just compare, basically my rule of the thumb is not to count any stamina a set gives, and any aim or dodge above 32 is a waste as well, so you count the hiding, ld, hp and aim&dodge(till 32) to see how many sp it adds, then also check out the bonusses, for instance 25 resistance is worth for a prem soldier tank 50 sp in health(lets say a tank takes 40 shots, a resistance saves you 40*25 damage), and for a non soldier tank its also worth 50 sp in health, stat bonusses are more difficult to define but +3 +3 might also count for about 50 sp(this is totally arbitrary if you got no leadershi[ 9 sp gives you +3 +3 already and if you got 144 ld, you need 81 sp to get +3 +3 FF bonus. .... having said that if i look at the new fort battle formula they are testing on the beta(see devblog) chinga's set in the future might even be the best FF set(and tombola FF sets are far less overpowered(for instance fancy soft leg guards will become ultimate ff pants again)

the eaton set actually looks quite decent, but it might be best as a combo set with chinga's or docs, haven;t studied it to well i must admit

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35352

having said that those new sets are significantly worse then the older sets, george rifle set is even worse then the GG set, the set itself if it had a decent necklace atleast it would be nice

what rifle is better than GG in terms of fort fighting?

DeletedUser28189

what rifle is better than GG in terms of fort fighting?

I think this is so subjective, and purely relative to one's skilling, character, style of play, premium status and ultimately what is actually available to me. I personally think GM weapon set is a great blend of sector bonus, health and resistance at the cost of a little damage bump, which is more than made up for with a damage buff. But, that's me and I typically front line and enjoy having more health and even the option to reduce the damage. But if I was more one-dimensional (*cough... hider* :laugh: ), I would probably want the weapon that's going to give me maximum damage potential, which is going to be NB.

That all being said, GG set is STILL a very relevant fort set, and I'm glad that the devs have made an effort to vary all of these fort weapon sets in a way to allow each one to be relevant in it's own right, without replacing the GG set.

DeletedUser28189

Back on the main Topic here... is anyone else as disappointed with the King Fisher set as I am? Speaking for higher levels players who may have already accumulated a decent amount of set items, this is the worst tombola set to be released in a year.

The overall skill bonuses are lackluster in comparison to previous labor sets. 10% XP set bonus?... don't get me started (yeah, thanks a lot Potions of Wisdom... for nothing! :mad: ) The worst thing of all is that I have yet to find one job that uses a single piece of this set as a best clothing item! Now, I do have both the soap opera and BBQ sets, and they fill most of the holes these days, but I consistently have partials of NB, WM, JJ, EB, Cartwright, etc. used on jobs all the time... not King Fisher. Even the newer freebie event sets... Christopher, Bavarian and Indie and btw, some VERY relevant pieces for forts for guys without full sets between these three sets) all have more best item contribution!

Love the look of the set, but nothing terrific about it!

DeletedUser

i lose to much

7 defeats on a row on the tombola, its getting annoying since thats more then 2 days without getting any price

DeletedUser34767

I've only lost one free spin and a couple of 25 bond spins so far ( I think they have a little higher difficulty ). From what I can guess, and it would only be a guess, I think the current tombola is going to be much more difficult for those players who specialize in one or two attributes. My AP are currently fairly evenly spread which I think is part of the reason I have only lost 1 free spin in around 40 tries. I think some of the pure builds are having more difficulty as if the random attribute chosen is one of their weak ones they end up losing more often.

p.s. the one I did just lose landed on strength and with my gear my ap were 31-35-36-35. My suggestion would be to use gear to even out your AP as much as possible before spinning.

neel shah

No i dont think so Caleb .... because i am pure Strength on AZ and have lost only around a couple.....
While on Dakota i am pure Charisma then i too i lost during one spin the Charisma was something 160 and i had 151 damn...... SO its all on Luck :D

DeletedUser17612

i have also won a lot of spins with 0 points in chosen skill
it is all about luck an not dependent on distribution of skill points.

DeletedUser35968

spent 150 bonds twice. Got shoes of king and mcj. No pants or clothings :(
no very rare items too :(

DeletedUser29831

I've spent some nuggets and bonds, and found the following: It's random. ;) On Briscoe I got 2 Eaton jackets on 150-bonds spin, and 2 junkin boots, among other stuff. I'm especially happy for the 10 % exp bottle, since I'm level 120. On Colorado I got 2 Eaton shoes and 3 Fisher boots. I'm now looking for a boat. :p
What I mean is, don't try the tombola if you expect to win what you're missing.

DeletedUser35968

the chance to win belt. shoes, clothings and pants are different even if they come under same category. if you win a clothing, you can sell it for 500k and if its a belt or boots, its just 50k.

DeletedUser19518

Have never notice when this fest End.. Anyone who may know?

DeletedUser

uhm can't you see the timer on the tombola thingy, also the announcement said it would end today, so my guess is tonight at 23:59 its over