Oktoberfest 2020 - Feedback

Doc Scurlock

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Wow, so excited to get my steel lined box from a 1500 turn........and got a fancy leather vest. Just what i always wanted.....thanks Inno your the best

DeletedUser37186

i love how the uncommon oktoberfest is in the uncommon section while the iron chest is in the common section

Pankreas PorFavor

9k spin = Loot chest = cash bonus potion. Last time I was that happy was when I got the Incredible chest!

Btw. I don't trust those displayed percentages at all. Any chance tw-calc or someone else collects the data and can/want to share the stats like they do for the chests?

Harsha..

My feeling is that the steel chest was added at a time when it still had some value, but over the years it's become virtually worthless. If the developers are unwilling to remove the chests from the reward pool, then at the least, update the chests. Something like swapping out the steel chest for unique precious chest, throw out the loot chest in favor of a motivation chest, these atleast have some value to the players.

I had a look at the TWCalc data - https://tw-calc.net/tombola/30_2020

Most of the percentages there seem to roughly correspond to the values displayed in the tombola page. Personally, my luck in the event hasn't been so good, I've dropped only boat items and steel chests from 9k until now - but others seem to be getting fisherman/Captain's items. If someone drops a loot/steel chest from 9k, they are much more likely to complain and let others in saloon chat know about their bad luck, and as a result, we hear more about it than if someone gets good items, and as a result, we may get a skewed perception that those specific items are dropping more.

Best time to make a judgement call would be at the end of the event. Then I'll probably collect data directly from some players and see for myself if the promised drop % holds up.

Last edited:

Bill Paxton

Best time to make a judgement call would be at the end of the event. Then I'll probably collect data directly from some players and see for myself if the promised drop % holds up.

IIRC I read somewhere that they have to mention the drop rates for legal reasons. Either way, I don't think they have any reasons to show there wrong values.
If you ask people you would have to ask a lot of them. Even 100 would probably be to few to get accurate numbers. The TW Calc stats should be as close to the real drop rates as we can get.

asdf124

For the first time in years, you guys removed very rare octoberfest chest and replaced it with loot/steel/first aid/incredible chest.

Why was it removed in this event? We have rare/uncommon/common chests but not very rare.

Who makes all these decisions is beyond me.

vnflag

Hi all!
every event we have a tab like feedback!
But from year to year, the same garbage items also appear in 9k spin or 48k spin.
I just wonder the INNO staff do not care the feedback or they are illiteracy!

DeletedUser37186

thanks inno.. i woke up today in the morning to get some great items from tombola.. free spin = bribe = medal - 1.5k = steel line chest - 9k = bribe = steel line chest.. thank you for everything..

DeletedUser37186

found something.. nice job on the schwarzwald's weapons... melee giving shooting skill - range giving vigor skill - like why..

Pankreas PorFavor

found something.. nice job on the schwarzwald's weapons... melee giving shooting skill - range giving vigor skill - like why..

oh, this is quite common now. a few years back, they would correct it and admit the mix up - last time I reported something like this (Edison film stock - melee weapon with shooting) I got a reply that this is intentional.

Vishnje

A bug?! No no, this is not a bug. This is product manager, developer, and QA staff not paying attention to detail. A company too focused on quantity instead of quality, and not using the beta world as a true testing world. A company too focused on creating "events" instead of listening to feedback.

Preach

DeletedUser35277

ok, part of a current quest requires ' wanted persons caught-2" I went into the Sheriff, found a wanted person. and won the duel,
it did not count on the quest. If they have to be KO'ed SAY so!

tuonelaam

ok, part of a current quest requires ' wanted persons caught-2" I went into the Sheriff, found a wanted person. and won the duel,

If a person is wanted dead and you duel them but don't KO them, then you haven't caught a wanted person, catching a wanted person means fullfilling the wanted contract. So their description is fine.

Pankreas PorFavor

did you get the bounty? no? then you didn't catch the wanted person.
wanted dead (need a KO), wanted dead or alive (need a duel win or KO) - pay attention to the type of bounty you are trying to collect.