Nugget Price Changes Discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser26820
  • Start date

DeletedUser26820

From The Western Star forum for reference: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=55622

"Howdy!

Some good news for EN players - from today prices for nugget packages have been revised on all markets and I'm happy to announce that we can see a decrease in price for our nugget packages here on EN."

I was very pessimistic at first to see the quantity of nuggets in the large package decrease, even as the price decreased, but I've looked at the math based on individual nugget purchases and over the long term, everything else being equal, and it's a savings, even if minimal, thereby a reduced cost of being premium, no matter how we look at it.

This post is from my perspective: To maximize nuggets and reduce cost per nugget purchased, I only purchase the large package. We all know the large package is the most cost effective, so I'll only use it for my illustrations. I purchase them with USD currency, by means of credit card, incurring a $2 fee from my credit card company per transaction as its an international transaction.

Let's begin with some math.....

In the prior package of 4750 nuggets for $109.99 + $2.00 international transaction fee,
we have $111.99 / 4750 nuggets = $0.0236 per nugget.

In the new package of 4400 nuggets for $89.99 + $2.00 international transaction fee,
we have $91.99 / 4400 nuggets = $0.0209 per nugget.

So, looking at an individual nugget transaction, we have a "good news" savings of, rounding up, 3/10th of 1 cent per nugget.
Hmmmm.... ok.
$0.0027 (the difference between $0.0236 and $0.0209) on a nugget purchase of 4400 nuggets saves me $11.88 on an individual nugget purchase.

Looking at the change long term.....

With everything else being equal over the next 12 months (1 year),
costing 3972 to maintain VIP-Bonus for that period, to keep up with increased frequency of special events and eggs and hearts and flowers and tombola spins and new gear offers and whatnot....

To purchase, say 48,000 nuggets over the course of 12 months:

In the prior package, that would be:
48,000 nuggets / 4750 per package = 10.10 nugget purchases.
To meet needs and demands, it will take 11 nugget purchases so we'll get 52,250 nuggets.
11 nugget purchases x $111.99 = $1231.89.
$1231.89 / 52,250 nuggets = $0.0236 per nugget.

With the new package, that would be:
48,000 nuggets / 4400 per package = 10.91 nugget purchases.
To meet needs and demands, it will take 11 nugget purchases so we'll get 48,400 nuggets.
11 nugget purchases x $91.99 = $1011.89
$1011.89 / 48,400 nuggets = $0.0209 per nugget.

Maybe someone can double check all my math, but either looking at an individual nugget purchase or over the course of the next year....

THANKS, INNO.... YOU'RE SAVING US GREEN TO PLAY :D

asdf124

From The Western Star forum for reference: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=55622

"Howdy!

Some good news for EN players - from today prices for nugget packages have been revised on all markets and I'm happy to announce that we can see a decrease in price for our nugget packages here on EN."

I was very pessimistic at first to see the quantity of nuggets in the large package decrease, even as the price decreased, but I've looked at the math based on individual nugget purchases and over the long term, everything else being equal, and it's a savings, even if minimal, thereby a reduced cost of being premium, no matter how we look at it.

This post is from my perspective: To maximize nuggets and reduce cost per nugget purchased, I only purchase the large package. We all know the large package is the most cost effective, so I'll only use it for my illustrations. I purchase them with USD currency, by means of credit card, incurring a $2 fee from my credit card company per transaction as its an international transaction.

Let's begin with some math.....

In the prior package of 4750 nuggets for $109.99 + $2.00 international transaction fee,
we have $111.99 / 4750 nuggets = $0.0236 per nugget.

In the new package of 4400 nuggets for $89.99 + $2.00 international transaction fee,
we have $91.99 / 4400 nuggets = $0.0209 per nugget.

So, looking at an individual nugget transaction, we have a "good news" savings of, rounding up, 3/10th of 1 cent per nugget.
Hmmmm.... ok.
$0.0027 (the difference between $0.0236 and $0.0209) on a nugget purchase of 4400 nuggets saves me $11.88 on an individual nugget purchase.

Looking at the change long term.....

With everything else being equal over the next 12 months (1 year),
costing 3972 to maintain VIP-Bonus for that period, to keep up with increased frequency of special events and eggs and hearts and flowers and tombola spins and new gear offers and whatnot....

To purchase, say 48,000 nuggets over the course of 12 months:

In the prior package, that would be:
48,000 nuggets / 4750 per package = 10.10 nugget purchases.
To meet needs and demands, it will take 11 nugget purchases so we'll get 52,250 nuggets.
11 nugget purchases x $111.99 = $1231.89.
$1231.89 / 52,250 nuggets = $0.0236 per nugget.

With the new package, that would be:
48,000 nuggets / 4400 per package = 10.91 nugget purchases.
To meet needs and demands, it will take 11 nugget purchases so we'll get 48,400 nuggets.
11 nugget purchases x $91.99 = $1011.89
$1011.89 / 48,400 nuggets = $0.0209 per nugget.

Maybe someone can double check all my math, but either looking at an individual nugget purchase or over the course of the next year....

THANKS, INNO.... YOU'RE SAVING US GREEN TO PLAY :D

You forgot why the price change, the Euro is beginning to weaken....... :p

it doesn't actually mean that you are paying for more/less, not necessarily, it just depends on how you look at it I guess :D.

DeletedUser30417

Just checked the nugget prices in Euro's and quite frankly I'm furious. Instead of getting 4750 nuggets for €79.99, now I only get 4400 nuggets for €79.99! So instead a decrease of the nugget price the Euro players get an increased nugget price :mad:

What does 'EN player' mean? I assumed it meant ALL players that played the net servers, but apparently it only applies to players who use dollars or British pounds to buy nuggets.

Hopefully this is just a mistake on Inno's part, but if not then I expect an explanation about the price increase in Euro's and the failure to communicate it properly to the player who use €'s.

Deleted User - 1802579

Just checked the nugget prices in Euro's and quite frankly I'm furious. Instead of getting 4750 nuggets for €79.99, now I only get 4400 nuggets for €79.99! So instead a decrease of the nugget price the Euro players get an increased nugget price :mad:

What does 'EN player' mean? I assumed it meant ALL players that played the net servers, but apparently it only applies to players who use dollars or British pounds to buy nuggets.

Hopefully this is just a mistake on Inno's part, but if not then I expect an explanation about the price increase in Euro's and the failure to communicate it properly to the player who use €'s.

I only just noticed this because of your post.

I can't believe more people are outraged because of this.

Making a big announcement that nugs will be cheaper, I guess only for US players. And than forgetting to mention that all EU players will be screwed hard and getting an increased price. Thank you Inno.

DeletedUser35352

on the other side - devs really did a great work implementing buggy adventures with 1 (one!) map w/o properly handling offliner problem since introduced (3 months on beta). guess this is worth to pay a little more per nugget in €... :p

DeletedUser36559

Sneaky Inno tactics saw it coming for a long time, more nuggets for less money? :no:

DeletedUser29831

Well, with the new prices, I will have to pay 10-15% more to get 10 % less nuggets. Not the best deal, I'll have to say.

DeletedUser26820

Join me here in the States, TR.
The price of a nugget in the largest package has decreased by 3/10 of a cent.
I'll take it, but this news from me along with $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee at the local Starbucks :)

DeletedUser34315

Join me here in the States, TR.
The price of a nugget in the largest package has decreased by 3/10 of a cent.
I'll take it, but this news from me along with $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee at the local Starbucks :)

I think it's as good a time as any.....
'Murica!

DeletedUser

Why don't people just spend 2 minutes checking the exchange rates before buying the nuggets in the most favourable currency? You can save yourself quite a bit as often, even the international purchase fees are lower than the amount different between currencies so you still gain over your home currency and save some cash.

DeletedUser29831

deiben, moving to the US just for a browser game is a little too much, even for me. And I do shop some between currencies, enough to save a little. But the fact remains, I'm now being asked to pay more for 4000 nuggets than I paid for 4750 nuggets just 3 months ago. I understand that prices will fluctuate, but this was a little too much for me.

DeletedUser35352

I have no problem with price changes if they are proper communicated /announced.
Yet why im not suprised that INNO announced price changes in USD and then I find out that also EUR prices are insidiously changed.

DeletedUser35712

I am on a very limited income. The new GBP 160 nugget price now puts in firmly in the non-prem bracket.

Da Twista says there has been a "slight" change - slight in my case being a rise from 2.99 to 3.99...

DeletedUser34408

Jeb, all due to the apparent "world economic situation", 20% less nuggets for 25% more money for a 1 or 2% increase in VAT (in your case) and let's not forget the "thank you" as compensation for your continued support. lol

Why don't people just spend 2 minutes checking the exchange rates before buying the nuggets in the most favourable currency? You can save yourself quite a bit as often, even the international purchase fees are lower than the amount different between currencies so you still gain over your home currency and save some cash.

I think all currencies got shafted now, I will be looking at more favourable beneficiaries rather than favourable exchange rates now :) .

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

How come prices of the new packages in $ is same as €?

I would get to Pay less but get same result if I choose $ than €.

Last edited:

Snr Sarg

How come prices of the new packages in $ is same as €?

I would get to Pay less but get same result if I choose $ than €.

How about they just tell us what the items do, what attributes they help with?

It's unlikely I'd be buying either way, but I'm 100% definitely not buying if I don't even know what I'm buying, Inno have hardly earned my trust over the years