NPC Duels Quest Question...

Red Falcon

- Beaten unconscious in NPC duels: 0/2 - Exactly what does this mean and how can my friend (Who is doing this quest) go about completing it?

Red Falcon

Thanks, this is what I thought it meant. Any idea on how to go about it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser34315

Look for ones with very low health, dodge, and resistance to your chosen weapon. If you have the health to pull it off, go all standing and aim for shoulder shots. Otherwise, dodge all to one side and aim shoulders. Basically, you just have to keep checking it till you find some weak NPCs to KO.

Red Falcon

Hmm...Here is the bad news. The person trying to complete this quest is a dueler, but she does not have the greatest dueling skills or equipment. She is willing to pay nuggets (Believe it or not) in order to have the quest completed for her, although I doubt Inno Games will agree to it. What should I tell her to do about this?

Ripwise

Tell her she cant pay nuggets to get quests completed. The rest Gandalf explained above.

DeletedUser35120

Possible. She will have to buy enough nuggets in order to buy Innogames first :laugh:

Red Falcon

Tell her she cant pay nuggets to get quests completed. The rest Gandalf explained above.

She is pretty desperate to complete her quest, but since buying out Inno Games is not a viable option, can you tell me the best dueling gear for her Level (124)? :D

DeletedUser34767

It depends on the weapon your friend is using. You are not necessarily looking for the best dueling gear but are really looking for the best NPC KO gear. You will be sacrificing your defense to go after the KO.

Melee - Look for items with the best Aim and Vigor bonuses.
Ranged - Look for items with the best Aim and Shooting bonuses.

As the others have mentioned.

Look for opponents with low HP.
If your friend is using a melee weapon, look for npc's with low dodge and toughness.
If your friend is using a ranged weapon, look for npc's with low dodge and reflex.
Use your best weapon based on it's damage potential.

Let the NPC difficulty fall to 0. Look at the NPC's and if none look like likely candidates come back in 30 minutes when they refresh.

Keep track of how much damage you are doing on likely NPC's. If you can figure out about how much damage you can do, then target those NPC's near that number of HP.

Try to aim where you can hit on a consistent basis.

It can be tricky, it took me a bit of work with my adventurer toon who is by no means a dueler to complete whatever quest it was that required 10 npc ko's. It can be done. For me shooting at the hands worked best as I could get 5-8 hits pretty consistent and if I got 6,7, or 8 hits I stood a chance of a k.o.

Good luck to your friend.

DeletedUser34315

It depends where her skills are now. You're going to want to maximize vigor or shooting, aim, and then shoot for appearance.
The best gear for what she's trying is Doc's plus dueler pants for range, unless she has enough shooting. Then it's eaton's set with dueler pants.
For a melee dueler, eatons if it's a dodge based build, or freemans if it's resistance build. The new set items largely negated needing individual items any more.

DeletedUser35120

The new gears(Batch 1, before v2.08) used to beat the ching's/eaton's set by a small margin when it comes to aim/dodge melee or be it resistance melee(when compared to freeman's). And now with the advent of more items in v2.08,those sets are useless at level 130's now.

Red Falcon

Lots of useful information! Thanks!

It depends on the weapon your friend is using. You are not necessarily looking for the best dueling gear but are really looking for the best NPC KO gear. You will be sacrificing your defense to go after the KO.

Melee - Look for items with the best Aim and Vigor bonuses.
Ranged - Look for items with the best Aim and Shooting bonuses.

As the others have mentioned.

Look for opponents with low HP.
If your friend is using a melee weapon, look for npc's with low dodge and toughness.
If your friend is using a ranged weapon, look for npc's with low dodge and reflex.
Use your best weapon based on it's damage potential.

Let the NPC difficulty fall to 0. Look at the NPC's and if none look like likely candidates come back in 30 minutes when they refresh.

Keep track of how much damage you are doing on likely NPC's. If you can figure out about how much damage you can do, then target those NPC's near that number of HP.

Try to aim where you can hit on a consistent basis.

It can be tricky, it took me a bit of work with my adventurer toon who is by no means a dueler to complete whatever quest it was that required 10 npc ko's. It can be done. For me shooting at the hands worked best as I could get 5-8 hits pretty consistent and if I got 6,7, or 8 hits I stood a chance of a k.o.

Good luck to your friend.

Howdy, folks! My friend actually contacted Inno Games regarding this matter (Bless her heart) but of course, they told her they cannot complete a quest for her. But the lot of you have been giving me some good recommendations as I do not know much about her style of dueling (Other than she is using the Golden Colt). Since this is the case, I have told her to hunt for clothes which provide the best Aim and Shooting bonuses and she will be looking for gear which matches this criteria soon. I have also told her to add gear with a high bonus in Appearance. Taking all of this into consideration, I think it would be best of her to check her inventory for items which are fit for increased weapon damage and a higher chance of a KO on her opponents. Although I also warned her she would be sacrificing some of her defense in order to maximize her damage output.

I will keep in touch with her and let you guys know how she fares. Cheers! :D

UPDATE: My good female dueler friend has just told me she has managed to KO two opponents in less than 5 minutes of dueling them. I am so proud of her and she has told me she had to resort to using the Little Mojo Potion she found in her inventory as well as using one of her many Christmas Crackers to keep her duel motivation at 100%. She has also told me she got very lucky and found a couple of weak opponents. I am so happy for her! Thanks to everybody for all their helpful tips! Onion God Rules!

Last edited: