Votes: 119 81.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 27 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

While playing the game, many players tend to be in need to note something about the game. For this I use my character profile, but it cannot exceed 10000 words, and that is not enough for me and probably for other player. Also I tend to have special information, which I do not want to share with all of the players in a World.

I was going to ask if a small section under the name "Notes" could be opened to allow players to take notes of other players, cities or any in-game related topics.

I have used this type of notes in other online games, but I could not find a section like that in "The-West"

I would love to hear replies on this topic.

Ok, lets summarize the topic.

Problem

You could use notepad but then you couldn't format it.
You could use OpenOffice but then you don't get BB-Code links.
You could post it in the forums but then it ain't private.

Therefore taking notes, about the game, are usually not efficient when external sources are used.

Solution
While playing the game, many players tend to be in need to note something about the game. For this I use my character profile, but it cannot exceed 10000 words, and that is not enough for me, and possibly for other players. Also I tend to have special information, which I do not want to share with all of the players in a World, or with a town, even where there might be some information that I do not want my town councilors to hear.

Notes section will be creating an opportunity for players who do not have a personal computer, like a computer at work, where there are limited access to the required sources. Therefore being able to access instant data without fiddling data exchange would be extremely useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But still, it requires you to create new files and stuff, and they can easily get lost.

I was looking for something that would enable the players to take instant notes.

This will also be improving the communication in the game, as players will be able to save texts in the game, then copy and paste them to forward messages to multiple players.

DeletedUser

I'm still not following how text files and spreadsheets can't do this job. That's how I function, across a bunch of games. If you use multiple comps, stick your info on a thumb drive. They're $5 now.

DeletedUser

My mobile modem has a thumb drive built in, so my spreadsheet is always on hand. :)

But why don't you just use the town forum? If you're a founder/councillor, you can stick them in a hidden forum.

DeletedUser

Let's just point out that it may very well be that one does not log in from the same computers, or even systems, depending on the routines one has.

Violette: Because one shouldn't make personal notes tehre, or perhaps one does not want to?

DeletedUser

Meh. I'm still with Luap Nor: Thumb drive.

But if people think it would be useful, it isn't going to bother me. :)

DeletedUser

John's point about logging in from different locations is valid; I log in from the office and from home - the latter could be at my mother's, my home or on my partner's Netbook via mobile internet.

At the office, I am severely restricted about what I can use on my PC - it's a lockdown environment. At home, I am more flexible but I only have access to Excel on 1 machine; another has MS Works, the other has something - probably OpenOffice (if that) - and it depends whether I boot into Vista or Ubuntu depending on how flaky the wireless connection is.

Either way, being able to access instant data without fiddling data exchange would be extremely useful.

DeletedUser

Obviously the size of the notebook ought to be limited, since it would strain inno's servers. One could even have this be a premium perk that goes along with spending nuggets on anything.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the support guys, that was what I was the point which I was trying to make.

You may have to use another computer or you might not have the programs for note taking.

Also this would not be limiting your abilities in the game, instead it will be improving them, so I do not know why people are opposing this idea.

Diggo11

I like this idea, although it was copied of damn Tribal Wars.

If you had a notebook to post it in, all these problems would be avoided. Even if it was only a mere 1000 characters I'd be satisfied!

DeletedUser

Lets sum it up, and get it cleared for a vote.
Should be fairly easy to implement.

DeletedUser

While playing the game, many players tend to be in need to note something about the game. For this I use my character profile, but it cannot exceed 10000 words, and that is not enough for me and probably for other player. Also I tend to have special information, which I do not want to share with all of the players in a World.

I was going to ask if a small section under the name "Notes" could be opened to allow players to take notes of other players, cities or any in-game related topics.

I have used this type of notes in other online games, but I could not find a section like that in "The-West"

great idea and btw check out samurai of legend i used to play thier they have good ideas

DeletedUser

i totally AGree as a town owner people tell me later and i can put on there who says later and i can check with them every now and then or be able to send yourself messages

DeletedUser

If you're completely incapable of organizing your files, I question your ability to make meaningful notes.

There are other ways of formatting besides bb code. I'm not saying the idea is completely pointless. I would use it if it were implemented, but it's not really necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.