• No, I would not!

Votes: 27 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't like the wording of the poll.
"Would you like this ingame?" I neither like nor dislike this idea.
"Would you use this ingame?" Probably not. So, I voted no.

DeletedUser

i agree big time, i ust to do that alot, it would be enough room, but i dont want some people to see it, but that problem just ended later, idk why but i just didnt need it anymore til like lvl 27

Diggo11

The poll isn't asking if you'd use it, the poll is asking if you want to see this ingame. As an example some people may want to see this ingame so their town founder would be more organised, although they wouldn't use it themselves.

DeletedUser

I have a notepad on my desktop - all I need to access it is to minimise one window and open another...

DeletedUser

Great idea. I can't tell you how many times people have attacked me, and I wanted to pay them back a bit; but was in the middle of doing other things!

It would be great to have a bb-format "notepad" in-game. In keeping with the theme of the game, many settlers kept diaries and field notes detailing their Western adventures... :)

PS: You shouldn't need to use other programs to play a browser game (that's the point of a browser game!!). I play The West on three separate computers (work, home, public pc's), so using notepad isn't a good route for me. Yeah, I could use GoogleDocs, but what a hassle!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you don't have an opinion, don't vote. That's pretty universally understood, I think... :dry:

DeletedUser

I like the idea. I dont carry a thumb drive around with me, as I dont' want to arrange my life around a computer game. Notes in a spreadsheet are fine for when you are at home. However, if you are at work or someones house and you have put some basic info there, you have access to it. umm, is that is arranging my life around a game...

I vote yes for a note section that is private.

DeletedUser

If you don't have an opinion, don't vote. That's pretty universally understood, I think... :dry:

I had an opinion. I voted no because I probably wouldn't use such a feature. I'm glad that you would love to see it ingame and would certainly use it.

If only those who would use this feature are allowed to vote, then it rather defeats the purpose of a poll.

DeletedUser15059

I have a paper notepad and an ink pen if i need to make notes. I don't think we need to clutter the databases.

DeletedUser

Excel sheet

I made this Excel sheet months ago for my boyfriend and I to use to keep track of items we need/have. We printed them out and circle the items we have, and cross off the items we've turned in for quests. That way we make sure we don't sell things we need, and can start collecting things earlier (such as 24 wood or 15 fool's gold).

Not all of you are going to like the setup of this, I realize that. But for some of you, it just might work. You still have to use it in conjunction with west stats, but it helps keep track of all the products/items you'll need in all questlines (hopefully I didn't miss anything). It's a little squished, what with the addition of the new Raid questline, but it's still functional. Just don't forget to put what world it's for, so you don't get confused with multiple sheets. ;)

The underlined numbers are the requirements for decision quests, so you may not necessarily need all of them. I know this isn't only what is being proposed here, but it might work for some of the people posting here. It's already saved me from taking notes on paper repeatedly when it comes to products.

Hope this helps some of you! It took me a while. :)

Attachments

• WestItems.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

I had an opinion. I voted no because I probably wouldn't use such a feature. I'm glad that you would love to see it ingame and would certainly use it.

If only those who would use this feature are allowed to vote, then it rather defeats the purpose of a poll.
Vote yes if you like the idea.
Vote yes if you would use the idea.

Don't vote if you don't care.
Don't vote if you won't use it BUT it doesn't obstruct your game play.

Vote no if you don't like the idea.
Vote no if you won't use it AND it obstructs your game play.

You fit into the category in bold.

DeletedUser

There's a reason why some of us don't post what our vote was or why. I don't really think anyone should have to justify his/her vote and intimidating people into voting the way you want them to doesn't really get a fair representation of how people really feel about the subject.

Diggo11

There's a reason why some of us don't post what our vote was or why. I don't really think anyone should have to justify his/her vote and intimidating people into voting the way you want them to doesn't really get a fair representation of how people really feel about the subject.
Your entitled to your opinion, but I have already addressed that:
This forum is for improving ideas. If you fail to give a reason for voting no we can't improve the idea to cater for your needs, but if you do give a reason we can solve your issue. Besides typing in an extra line wouldn't harm you would it?

DeletedUser

Vote yes if you like the idea.
Vote yes if you would use the idea.

Don't vote if you don't care.
Don't vote if you won't use it BUT it doesn't obstruct your game play.

Vote no if you don't like the idea.
Vote no if you won't use it AND it obstructs your game play.

You fit into the category in bold.

Your entitled to your opinion, but I have already addressed that:

What he said. (x2)

DeletedUser

As Diggo stated, that wasn't my point. Voting against a feature just because you wouldn't personally use it is kind of selfish. If the feature irritates you in some way, or if you have an objection to the feature's premise, then you should vote "no."

Voting "no" simply because you "don't really care either way" unjustly hurts all of the people who do want such a feature. I wasn't asking you to vote "yes," I was just asking you to not vote at all.

DeletedUser

I know my reasons for voting the way I do, when I vote; I assume most of us do. To insist that those who vote in opposition to you explain why they voted that way is one thing, but to then tell them that their reason isn't good enough so they shouldn't have voted is another.

The votes are already being done by a small portion of the players, and would be an even smaller number if everybody had to vote a certain way based on a list provided by someone else. If that's the only way people are justified in voting then why not have the poll read:

1.) I like the idea and would use it
2.) I like the idea but wouldn't use it
3.) I dislike the idea, but might use it
4.) I dislike the idea and wouldn't use it
5.) I don't care about the idea, and wouldn't use it
6.) I don't care about the idea but might use it

If those were the choices, people could vote how they wanted without being put down for it (or even having to say how they voted), and admins could look at the results to see how many would use it and if it's worth their time to add it to the game.

DeletedUser

Personally, I see nothing wrong with people who don't hate the idea but wouldn't use it voting no, as I did myself. Adding unnecessary code affects everybody.

For more information see: Microsoft.

DeletedUser

Personally, I see nothing wrong with people who don't hate the idea but wouldn't use it voting no, as I did myself. Adding unnecessary code affects everybody.

For more information see: Microsoft.

Well, if you're going to bring up Microsoft...! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.