Votes: 119 81.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 27 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Forts are already released in the beta world for testing. They are pretty much done. We will get forts in the next patch before we get any other idea implemented. No need to vote no to an idea because you want something else first. Especially when you are going to get the other first.
I know; I'm in the beta. :)

And there is a lot of room for the improvement of forts.

The point of polls is to get information about what the majority thinks. And apparently I'm in the minority... all alone...

DeletedUser

The point of the polls is not to assign importance of the idea over another. It is to judge the idea on its own merits. No idea takes precedence over another in the voting process. There is no ranking of best to worst ideas or most important to least important. This section is just to determine whether or not the idea is wanted by the community, not where it should fall in the devs schedule of changes.

DeletedUser

The point of the polls is not to assign importance of the idea over another. It is to judge the idea on its own merits. No idea takes precedence over another in the voting process. There is no ranking of best to worst ideas or most important to least important. This section is just to determine whether or not the idea is wanted by the community, not where it should fall in the devs schedule of changes.
Exactly

DeletedUser

Then there was no reason for you to vote no. You voted no because you want to see forts first. Forts has nothing to do with this idea or any other submitted for a vote.

Diggo11

No need to vote no to an idea because you want something else first. Especially when you are going to get the other first. Plus ideas are never done on a 'first come first serve" basis. They are done in the order the devs see fit.
QFT, just to prove I have nothing against Dee ;P

Also when you think about it this idea could be implemented in less than a day, it's not going to get in the way of anything else. And even if the idea is useless to you it's not harming you in anyway, so really no reason to vote no.

DeletedUser

I'm abstaining from voting ATM. This one's hard. I admit it would be useful, and being able to use bb code would be an improvement over notepad, and I'm sure I would use it if it were implemented, but it's hard for me to say we absolutely need this and the devs should work on this instead of anything else. As Gem said, it isn't our job to prioritize, but still, there I go...

DeletedUser

Then there was no reason for you to vote no. You voted no because you want to see forts first. Forts has nothing to do with this idea or any other submitted for a vote.
I'm not ignorant about forts, just so you know.
I voted no because I think that this is not necessary to have in game, and I would never use it.

Why would I want to occupy the devs for something that I think is completely unnecessary?

DeletedUser

You said you voted no because you wanted the devs to work on forts. If you had other reasons they weren't stated.

DeletedUser

You said you voted no because you wanted the devs to work on forts. If you had other reasons they weren't stated.
Do I have to explain everything I do?

I voted no because I don't want a notes section and I don't want something that isn't necessary (because the devs could be doing something else).

DeletedUser

It would be nice to qualify your reasons, yes. Especially when the original reason you had could lead someone else to think that if this idea is passed that forts would not be worked on. That is all I'm saying.

DeletedUser1105

I'm with Dee. I think if you are voting against an idea you should have to explain why and have a valid reason.

DeletedUser

Just... :laugh:

Good grief all they'd need to do would be steal the code from Tribal Wars and pop it in there. It's not like we're talking about making them reinvent the wheel for cryin' out loud.

I voted yes. Either a notepad or the ability to mail yourself would be useful and require very little effort on behalf of the devs.

DeletedUser

I just dont see a need. *shrug*

I wouldn't mind it in game at all, but I wouldn't use it.

There are enough places I believe to write down notes in game, and if you exceed 10,000 characters, use word anyway. Or something like that.

DeletedUser1105

This is a poll, not an inquisition.

Yes, but people may vote no for the wrong reasons. For example, they could be voting no because they think it will prevent another idea being implemented, or they may vote no to be spiteful because someone voted against their idea previously, etc etc.

These votes will be counted when they really should not, and it could make a difference.

DeletedUser

i just dont see a need. *shrug*

i wouldn't mind it in game at all, but i wouldn't use it.

There are enough places i believe to write down notes in game, and if you exceed 10,000 characters, use word anyway. Or something like that.
QFT

I vote because of how I feel on the subject, not for any other reason.

Diggo11

This forum is for improving ideas. If you fail to give a reason for voting no we can't improve the idea to cater for your needs, but if you do give a reason we can solve your issue. Besides typing in an extra line wouldn't harm you would it?

DeletedUser

Yes, but people may vote no for the wrong reasons. For example, they could be voting no because they think it will prevent another idea being implemented, or they may vote no to be spiteful because someone voted against their idea previously, etc etc.

These votes will be counted when they really should not, and it could make a difference.

It adds so little to the game that I don't think it's worth the devs wasting their time. I've been using a text file since I started playing and I've never said "this works alright, but it could be a lot better!"

Decided to change my abstaining to a "no".

DeletedUser

I just use a notebook and pencil. Just as easy and I always know where the notebook is.

Status
Not open for further replies.