Votes: 119 81.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 27 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

There are other ways of formatting besides bb code. I'm not saying the idea is completely pointless. I would use it if it were implemented, but it's not really necessary.
Ok you show me a format technique in notepad that gives me a automatic link to a players and towns stats.

DeletedUser

Ok, lets summarize the topic.

Problem

You could use notepad but then you couldn't format it.
You could use OpenOffice but then you don't get BB-Code links.
You could post it in the forums but then it ain't private.

Therefore taking notes, about the game, are usually not efficient when external sources are used.

Solution
While playing the game, many players tend to be in need to note something about the game. For this I use my character profile, but it cannot exceed 10000 words, and that is not enough for me, and possibly for other players. Also I tend to have special information, which I do not want to share with all of the players in a World, or with a town, even where there might be some information that I do not want my town councilors to hear.

Notes section will be creating an opportunity for players who do not have a personal computer, like a computer at work, where there are limited access to the required sources. Therefore being able to access instant data without fiddling data exchange would be extremely useful.

Diggo11

You won't be gettin' it anywhere without these. Yes Diggo has been hard at work again. I do have a 1024x768 copy if you need it but its more considerate to leave it smaller for those with low resolutions.

notesmockup3qo5.jpg

notesmockup2ey9.jpg

^^^ The above have been updated. You may view the updated version in my refined summary below.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ok you show me a format technique in notepad that gives me a automatic link to a players and towns stats.

Okay, notepad is limited. I never said Microsoft didn't suck. You can quote me: Microsoft sucks.

You can't link them, but you can copy the javascript links to the players and then paste it in the url window if you want to see them.

javascript:AjaxWindow.show('profile',{char_id:4089},'4089');

DeletedUser

It can be any format, I don't care. I'm loooking for a place to write a few notes, not a novel.

DeletedUser

i'd stick with the original idea. You don't need a premium upgrade. There's a notepad somewhere in the game to write down notes. And it has unlimited space WITHOUT a premium upgrade!

Diggo11

Gem look here!

Problem
Players are having trouble remembering little snippets of information. When they try to store these "notes" they encounter various difficulties such as no ways to format, include BB-Codes and also privacy. Therefore taking notes, about the game, are usually not efficient when external sources are used. So to overcome this the players of The West (English Version) have come up with a simple solution.

Proposal
We propose that a "Notes" section be included. This would be located on the ingame menu bar (right side) under the Settings menu. When opened it would have a menu bar with a "Edit" button. Once you press that (taking you to edit mode) you get BB-Codes "inserters", the Edit button becomes "Save" and you have a "Cancel" button (do cancel any changes made). To save server space it would be capped at 10000 characters.

Mock ups
Well this shows the ingame overview with the Notes Section added.

Once you open up the Notes section the pop up will look something like this:
notesmockup3qo5.jpg

If you click edit you go into edit mode. This shall look something like the below.
notesmockup2ey9.jpg

Summary
This shall make everyones life just that little bit easier. I believe after this thread died a Notes Section was added to "Already Suggested Ideas" but this is the ridgey-didge thread so don't bring that up.

DeletedUser

how to you make those things :( i want to know

and im sure it would be useful but i dont think i would use it except to know what tp put up next

DeletedUser

gthink i have to agree but i think we need to see what a dev says now

DeletedUser

yeah, i dont think this would hurt, although it is kinda pointless...

DeletedUser

I don't think it's pointless either. It would be very useful to me.

DeletedUser

I don't think he meant pointless, I think he just meant not entirely necessary.

Diggo11

^^^ Yay peace keeper + common sense :)

You have just witnesses lame excuse to bump #8347

A lot of text and a few images

I would love to se this in game. Have to much to note and i'm only at home 40% of the time when I play

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.