Resolved Not sure if bug, or what....

DeletedUser

This guy dueled me while I was actively online. When I realized the duel had taken place place I centered on his character 3 minutes after the duel took place.... somehow he ended up 16 minutes @ 416% speed away within that 3 minutes.

If you notice:
The duel took place @ 9:06 P.M. server time (12:06 P.M. My time)
I centered his location and figured out travel time to be 35 minutes (wrong clothes for speed) at 12:09 my time.... 3 minutes after the duel...
Curious about how this was possible i put my speed gear on and traveling at 416% it still would take 16 minutes to get where he was.
you can also notice that I have been at this location for 2 hours... and can tell you I was never at his location, so he must have come to me at the job i was currently doing....

How is this possible? He does not have the developmental aid medal so nuggets are not a factor

DeletedUser

Easy. Were you at that location at any time previous to the duel happening?
If you were there hours ago and he scheduled the duel being hours away from you, no matter where you move on the map, the duel will take place at the destination you were at when he scheduled the duel.
Example: my char is at ghost town and traveling to my town 3 hours away. Another character, 6 hours away from the ghost town, schedules a duel with me. For 6 hours he would be traveling and then the duel will take place. It does not matter that in the mean time I am at at least 3 hours away from the ghost town. Once the attacker gets there, the duel takes place.

DeletedUser

Easy. Were you at that location at any time previous to the duel happening?
If you were there hours ago and he scheduled the duel being hours away from you, no matter where you move on the map, the duel will take place at the destination you were at when he scheduled the duel.
Example: my char is at ghost town and traveling to my town 3 hours away. Another character, 6 hours away from the ghost town, schedules a duel with me. For 6 hours he would be traveling and then the duel will take place. It does not matter that in the mean time I am at at least 3 hours away from the ghost town. Once the attacker gets there, the duel takes place.

Except for if the player goes into the hotel, right? I've had a duel scheduled, gotten there, and then gotten a report of the player being well protected in the hotel.

DeletedUser

No I mentioned that, I was never at that location

and can tell you I was never at his location, so he must have come to me at the job i was currently doing....

I know how that whole thing of quing a duel hours in advance works. and I can tell you that is not the case... I came from a fort; to where I am now duel took place); with a little under an hour travel time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Since your reports are full of one hour jobs, this is a new world where you can spend 10 nuggets to cut your travel time in half and there are some duelers who spend a lot of nuggets warping all over the map to duel.

DeletedUser

nope already mentioned that as well....

How is this possible? He does not have the developmental aid medal so nuggets are not a factor

I would have laughed though if you used nuggets to escape after getting wooped. Also after looking at his stats... he is not a dueler... not sure what he was thinking (bottom line in chat)

DeletedUser

Oops, missed that last line. Well I doubt he's doing the same thing with oats.

DeletedUser

Oops, missed that last line. Well I doubt he's doing the same thing with oats.

Now that I didn't think of.... it would take 5 oats to bring 16 minutes down to 3.79 minutes.... he might have used 6 if he is almost as quick as I.

LOL is all I can say to that... I did tele him asking, we'll see if he responds.