Not getting credit for completed repeatable quests.

DeletedUser32510

It appears 8 hours I spent working jobs to complete some repeatable quest only gave credit for 2 hours worth of working jobs. Anybody else having similar experiences? This I what I wrote to support:

First problem: I fulfilled the requirements for 2 from Waupee's village. "We need guns" and "Scare wolves away". Yet I can't get credit for them. And yes I have been back to the village and still can't receive credit for them.

Second problem: Trying to complete my daily tasks and just finished "Chasing bandits" and "Ambush" for 2 hours each. I returned to the ghost town to complete them. That seemed to have happened, but I only got credit for one for a daily task.

Their reply was to read the Wiki, Forum and FAQs. Which I did, but found nothing that addresses the above queries. Just asking.

DeletedUser

You don't need to return to the repeatable quest givers to complete their quests, there's no time limit, and if you complete them after midnight server time credit goes to that day's daily tasks, not the day you accepted. If you accept a quest one day and finish it after midnight, you can complete it and accept and complete it again on the current day.

Is the problem that you can't complete them or are you not getting credit for the daily tasks? If that's the problem, you need to complete 4 to get credit for the daily repeatable quest task for 1 bond.

Have you gotten a reply from support yet?

delldell56

maybe you leveled up while working on those jobs, and now you can't complete them because you exceeded the level for them? i had a lot of daily quests from waupee village and ghost town that i accepted, worked on and only needed to hit complete. after 1.36 they were grayed out because now my level is too high for some of those quests. happens.

DeletedUser

That's another possibility I didn't think of. Were these quests you'd accepted before the last update? I had to cancel a few myself.

DeletedUser

there's no time limit
Are you sure? I have Feathered Headdress finished yesterday (possibly today, server time). Today, it's grayed out and my only choice is to cancel it. That's not so bad since I only lost time. But I've also lost money and an object or two in the past.

Maybe there's a bug in the repeatable quests part of the program?

DeletedUser

Are you sure? I have Feathered Headdress finished yesterday (possibly today, server time). Today, it's grayed out and my only choice is to cancel it. That's not so bad since I only lost time. But I've also lost money and an object or two in the past.

Maybe there's a bug in the repeatable quests part of the program?

The Saloon dailies are different...kinda. You have to complete them on the right day, but if you do the work and don't complete you can save it for next week. I don't think you can then accept that quest again though. If you can I need to stop canceling them when that happens.

DeletedUser

If you can I need to stop canceling them when that happens.
Agreed.

But has anyone compiled/posted a list of these?

Seems like a mean trick to attach a date/time tag to retrieve the rewards, especially if objects are removed and not returned. (I think I lost a donkey to one of these.)

The problem with your idea is limited quest queue.

MFRavenhawk

You can currently complete a previously accepted quest and save it for the next time it shows up...and still accept it for that day as well.

I have had it happen several times that I failed to complete the quests from Henry, Maya, and the rest....usually because I wasnt watching how close it was to the daily rollover of the clock. No credit on that week, but holding it til the quest comes up again, then it shows as completed...just need to accept...and once completed, its available to select and do again.

I know each player gets certain quests based on level, day of the week, and trade (both profession and craft)..but I havent seen a list compiled.

DeletedUser9200

maybe you leveled up while working on those jobs, and now you can't complete them because you exceeded the level for them? i had a lot of daily quests from waupee village and ghost town that i accepted, worked on and only needed to hit complete. after 1.36 they were grayed out because now my level is too high for some of those quests. happens.

I'm having the same issue for the many of the original ghost town quests. I either worked the required amount of time or have the necessary items, however, I cannot complete the quests. I'm almost certain I accepted them when I was already level 120, so I don't think the level is the problem. But is there a bug in 1.36 causing these quests to no longer be available? I tried cancelling one of the quests, but I cannot accept it again as it no longer appears in the list.

delldell56

it's not a bug. we could work on most of all waupee and ghost's towns quest regardless our levels before 1.36, as long as we had the products or could do the jobs. i.e. buffalo skins as a level 120 or chasing bandits as a level 40. the only limitation i remember was for certain quests on waupee village that wouldn't appear until your level was high enough (puma hunt, mine lead, better moonshine). after 1.36, there is a level restriction (too low, too high) as the quests you get at either location are grouped by your level. if you accepted the quest before the update and never hit complete, you can't finish it now. nothing that can be done there.

DeletedUser9200

I'm having the same issue for the many of the original ghost town quests. I either worked the required amount of time or have the necessary items, however, I cannot complete the quests. I'm almost certain I accepted them when I was already level 120, so I don't think the level is the problem. But is there a bug in 1.36 causing these quests to no longer be available? I tried cancelling one of the quests, but I cannot accept it again as it no longer appears in the list.

Never mind. TW-DB.info now lists the minimum and maximum levels for these quests. Frustrating that I now have to cancel all of these quests and can't get credit for completing them.

DeletedUser

Frustrating that I now have to cancel all of these quests and can't get credit for completing them.

Or, don't get a "refund" on the items stolen. In one case, I lost $2500, in another, a donkey. But there are many more cases of lesser value.