Not getting bonus xp from church construction

Discussion in 'Bug archive' started by im zid, Aug 24, 2017.

Share This Page

1. im zid

im zid Active Member

In-game name: im zid
    Affected worlds: briscoe
    Browser: chrome
    Type of Bug: Job
    Description:
    combined 30% xp bonus from ded moroz's mount set and weapon sets dose not give any bonus xp when constructing church. I did 10 jobs with these sets and got an average of 2583, then did 10 more without the set bonus and got average of 2654 both of them relatively close to the average xp shown on the screen which was 2750.

I apologize if this was an intended feature and not a bug.

I have already consulted the Bugs FAQ.
    I have searched if the bug has been reported before.

2. asdf124

asdf124 Well-Known Member

intended feature and not a bug.

3. Fafer

Fafer Guest

yep, intended feature nowhere documented and never mentioned when releasing new items.

4. foscock

foscock The West Team GM Master

Why would you expect church building to give job exp? It's not a job.

HALCON DE ORO and Tom Robert like this.
  5. Fafer

Fafer Guest

Yes, silly me using logic ;)

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      180.6 KB
      Views:
  6. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Well-Known Member

Just to expand on what @foscock said, it seems like the game doesn't consider construction as "working" at the moment, since it uses a different system than the regular jobs at job sites, and it's treated an an entirely different activity to working. it also doesn't count towards the time spent working for certain quests that have working for some period of time as a requirement, to further prove that. It is possibly an oversight, but maybe it's intended to be that way.

Construction doesn't really need an exp buff anyway, it's already too stronk compared to every other activity.

7. im zid

im zid Active Member

I went out of my way and paid 2.1mill to get the ded morez weapon and mount set hoping to save 30% on the time it takes me to level up, now i feel like a fool.
    And In the daily bonus window church building time do get counted towards total job time. Labor point bonus from sets are applicable to church construction so there was no reason for me to believe XP bonus was not applicable.
    If this was indeed an intended feature could someone please add church construction as a separate section in the official wiki under Gaining experience, and also mention that set bonus and buff bonus dose not apply to it. Currently church construction is not mentioned under ways to gain experience leading one to believe it falls under Jobs category.

https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Experience

8. HALCON DE ORO

HALCON DE ORO Active Member