Not finding items since 5/29/10

DeletedUser

On 5-29-10 I did 'Trading with Indians' job and found 2 items, silver cross and a cigar. At least once a day I start a new job on either 'Trading with Indians' or 'Transport Ammunition'. But each time I start a job, I always begin the job with 100% motivation since I don't get to play so often. The problem is that (since 5/29) I have now done 'Trading with Indians' 5 times, and 'Transport Ammunition' 4 times, as well as 'Breaking in Horses' and 'Carving out Claims' once each since then and have found NO ITEMS. :unsure:
I understand there can be a bad streak of luck, but 'Trading with Indians' has 63% Luck, and 'Transport Ammunition' has 64% Luck and I have always found 1-2 items each time I do them with a fairly rare occasion that no item is found. Not to mention that after I was getting suspicious, I did 2 other job types that almost always produce items as well and found NOTHING.
As I'm typing this, I have started a job doing 'Picking Tobacco' with 2% Luck but it also has 100% chance to give 'Tobacco'. I'm nearly convinced ahead of time that I wont get the 'Tobacco'.
By the way, Mid-way through not finding anything from these jobs, I stopped and went to pray thinking maybe I needed to somehow 'reset' my luck. After all, We still don't know what purpose praying does in-game.
Please, if anyone knows what will help correct this problem, let me know! Thanks!

PS, All jobs mentioned have been 2 hour durations each. I'm lvl 35 but I doubt that has any influence. And Here is a pic of my Inventory showing what I have been wearing for the jobs....
5kr3w7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

63% luck simply applies to the value of the items found, not the frequency at which you find them

DeletedUser13020

5 and 4 sets of 2 hour work without items is not a bad luck streak lol, it's a nice start towards one. Keep on trying buddy, I know it can get a bit annoying.

DeletedUser

The 'Picking Tobacco' job yielded 4 tobaccos. I guess I'm just striking out on the previous week or so, Thanks for all the replies. I'll go back to the higher luck jobs now and keep trying. Also, Each time I start a job I always begin with 100% motivation or find another job nearby with 100% motivation and rotate them. Drop rates are bad enough as it is, the last thing we should do is lower our success by not having 100% motivation. lol

DeletedUser

For me it seems to work better if I have about 95% moto. Than everytime, I at least find like a dynamite.

DeletedUser

High luck jobs let you find better items, not more.

I don't know about this... I'm doing some low luck job for quest or sth - I find an item 9 out of 10 two-hour shifts. I go on the high luck jobs - no items for days...

DeletedUser

For me it seems to work better if I have about 95% moto. Than everytime, I at least find like a dynamite.

I have done plenty of transporting ammo at 0% motivation , I do not believe motivation effects luck.

I have also found many , many drops on grave robber with under 50% motivation.

Harsha..

yes, i can understand your problem, you're not alone - several have fared even worse

on my quest for the piece of note part one in W2, i did firefighting everyday for 2 hours, initially, i found cool items, but as time went by i stopped finding anything at all - i just found "old documents" - this went on for about 3 months, before i stopped working on that job. Now, after a rest period of a couple of months, my luck seems to have gone back to normal

through i am not 100% sure, i think that the longer you work on the same high luck jobs, your chance of finding something goes down and a cool down period is needed for the chance of finding something to go back up - it's a bit like cost for re-specing and town leaving time

DeletedUser

So you're saying it is better to stop doing grave robber? :( I also find cool stuff constantly - 1 piece of somthin in a week.

Did you find that note finally?

Oh, and does labor points effect the price of item? Or I can do grave robber and still find note?

DeletedUser

fwiw i tend to do one job for a day then move on to another for a day etc.. motivation drops to about 75% over the day

and yup, i've done transporting ammo (for instance) all day without finding anything much .. maybe 1 stick of dynamite but nothing exciting .. its all random :)

lp do have an effect imho .. if you have just enough points to start a new job, i dont think you will get such good results as you might if you have, say, 20 lp or more .. by this i mean the chance to find anything seems lower, but no idea if it effects quality of drops, tho im guessing it doesnt.