No quest at ghost town?

DeletedUser9591

I went to the Ghost Town like Henry Walker said, and there is nothing there. I unequipped my gun and still nothing. WHat am I missing?

Thanks

DeletedUser

The first quest is just that, going to the ghost town. Once you're there, you can complete it.

DeletedUser

I went to the Ghost Town like Henry Walker said, and there is nothing there. I unequipped my gun and still nothing. WHat am I missing?

Thanks

The quest is time-related I think. I can't remember exactly what time it was as I got there and the quest appeared for me.

DeletedUser

The quest is time-related I think. I can't remember exactly what time it was as I got there and the quest appeared for me.
You can't be more wrong. There is no time requirement in this quest line.

DeletedUser

There is a time affected part though. The ghost town is only present until noon. It goes away until midnight.

DeletedUser

The ghost town (The town drenched in fog)

Barkeeper Henry Walker: Hello Dubb777, how nice to see you back in my saloon. It just so happens that I heard a rumor from a traveler... An eerie rumor about a town that appears during the night. In the morning it is drenched in fog and then vanishes at noon. Well, ten horses couldn't drag me there... but if you're brave enough, you should go look for the town. As far as I can tell from the rumors, the town is somewhere in the north-west.

For me and another person in the town I am in, we had to wait until it appeared. The bold part is there in the hint.

DeletedUser

The ghost town (The town drenched in fog)

Barkeeper Henry Walker: Hello Dubb777, how nice to see you back in my saloon. It just so happens that I heard a rumor from a traveler... An eerie rumor about a town that appears during the night. In the morning it is drenched in fog and then vanishes at noon. Well, ten horses couldn't drag me there... but if you're brave enough, you should go look for the town. As far as I can tell from the rumors, the town is somewhere in the north-west.

For me and another person in the town I am in, we had to wait until it appeared. The bold part is there in the hint.

I know, I got that too. I was being sarcastic. ;)

DeletedUser

There is a time affected part though. The ghost town is only present until noon. It goes away until midnight.
I strongly believe you are wrong. I never had any problem with the ghost town, no matter the time of the day. Anyway, he says he is there. If the time requirement is just until you find it and afterward is there to stay, then that shouldn't be the issue here.
If you are referring to the duel with Mike the ghost, there's no time requirement there either. There's a problem with the quest that the devs are trying to fix, but anyway the "magical" text posted everywhere on this forum helps you complete it, no matter what server time it is.

@Bendos: I did, showed him the quest line in weststats. I don't see what possibly could be, unless he didn't finish the quests from the saloon or he is actually at a "ghost town", not the quest giver. I was waiting for his reply, to see if looking in the saloon helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well ,, I strongly believe/know I am not wrong.

The original quest to go to the ghost town , I do not remember what time of day it was when it was available/accepted.

The initial quest from Maya was not available to me after I completed the one from Henry the Barkeeper. I was at the ghost town , there were none available I say again.
The server time for me 22:30 (10:30pm server time) as well as the member of the town I mentioned before, we were talking about the quest series.
I logged off and went to bed and when I next logged on it was 6:50 a.m server time.Then the first quest from Maya was there.
I completed both the Mike and Jenny quests at 06:56 (6:56 a.m.) and 06:57 (6:57 a.m.) That means before noon (12:00 server time). I still have the reports if you still can't accept my saying it did.
I also did the quick fix after I accepted it from Maya.

It happened. Why would I make it up ?
Just accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't say you are making it up, but I did the quests after 10 pm server time, before 12 am server time. I remember that exactly, because when I couldn't duel mike first and read the text, I started to think I should wait until noon, but the server time wasn't even 12 midnight yet. Thinking it would be stupid for me to wake up at 3 am for the quest (12 noon server time), I searched on the forum and found what I should do.
Proof: Duel: Duduie vs. Jenny On 2/12/10 at 11:00 PM Duel: Duduie vs. Mike's ghost On 2/12/10 at 10:59 PM
I will post a print screen if you want, I am not making it up.

DeletedUser

Honestly, I did it all at like 3am server time so I doubt the time is in effect. Could just be another bug along with the other, you never know.

DeletedUser9591

So once I am there, and I have completed the quest from Henry Walker, the quest from Maya should appear? I'll stay in the area and hope it pops up tomorrow I guess, because there is nothing new from her now.

DeletedUser9591

It just appeared a second ago:)

But when I click on accept quest, nothing happens, and when I click on duel Mike now, nothing happens.

DeletedUser

Hi all,

thanks for sending tickets in about the quest bug. As soon as the developers get online I will be contacting them so please hold tight ;)

In the meantime please use this work-around to complete this particular quest:

Code:
javascript:Quest.getInstance('321').finish();

Please paste this into your url bar (where you type www.) to get this quest to complete it for you.

Thanks! :)

Theres a thread in The Western Star about this.