No Dueling Server(Casual Play)

DeletedUser39260

Standard Idea Form

Proposal
Creating a "No Dueling Server(Casual Play)" or have arenas for duelers. (i guarantee no one will ever be there.)
Or have a player V Player button that can be switched off.
dueling should also be called stealing because that's what it is.

Details
there I was chopping wood then somebody came up behind me and shot me. I woke up 8 hours later in my hotel, half a world away.

Summary
Happen way too often in my opinion.

Loopholes
Can leaving town but then can't trade with town members. Plus have to pay twice as much for items in shops, just to not be dueled.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15368

That's a Hell Naw from me dawg. You can knock yourself out by duelling another player when your health is low, then you will be protected from duels for 72 hours. It's not hard.

Junkz

Exactly what lulum said, there's a lot of quests that require duels xd would have to delete those aswell... huge no from me. You can spend ur energy and then duel someone for a free KO and trip to town and have a safe 3 days of gameplay :D

asdf124

That's a Hell Naw from me dawg. You can knock yourself out by duelling another player when your health is low, then you will be protected from duels for 72 hours. It's not hard.
A yes from me if he wants such a server, only if you have to have a subscription base.

DeletedUser39260

I feel i shouldn't have to KO myself to not be dueled & its only 72 hours, which it doesn't say anywhere that I'm aware of how much time is left.
Also not for the near professional player but Casual Player that want to complete the quest and not have to wait eight hour just after starting a job.
Also as stated have arena for those who insist on dueling other. AND substitute bandit duels for players duels for those quests.

Pankreas PorFavor

I feel i shouldn't have to KO myself to not be dueled & its only 72 hours, which it doesn't say anywhere that I'm aware of how much time is left.
Also not for the near professional player but Casual Player that want to complete the quest and not have to wait eight hour just after starting a job.
Also as stated have arena for those who insist on dueling other. AND substitute bandit duels for players duels for those quests.

you're the person who used the expression "so called tonwnmates" in another topic, and supported the idea to make players self sufficient (when it comes to crafting). you're also against duels.
please, don't take this in the wrong way. but... this is a multiplayer game with player vs player components. it's not solitaire. you play with some players, and against some other players. if you don't want to interact with other people in a cooperative or a competitive way, are you really sure this is the right game for you?

asdf124

you're the person who used the expression "so called tonwnmates" in another topic, and supported the idea to make players self sufficient (when it comes to crafting). you're also against duels.
please, don't take this in the wrong way. but... this is a multiplayer game with player vs player components. it's not solitaire. you play with some players, and against some other players. if you don't want to interact with other people in a cooperative or a competitive way, are you really sure this is the right game for you?
He has the option to go townless if he doesn't want anykind of cooperation, or any teamplay.

Protasov

I "bible-up" and go get myself whooped before every event, since I know I'll be queuing long lines of jobs and walking away. As long as you aren't carrying a ton of money I don't see what the problem is...its three days of complete peace, when I can wear my American Set and get the bonus and not worry about a thing.

There are plenty of ways to get around it, so this is a big NO from me.

DeletedUser38251

stop crying and get yourself KO or leave your town - protection from duels, you are just pussy antonius02

Harsha..

So much about the game and it's history is built around dueling. All those incredible rivalries and tensions between players wouldn't exist without duels - In olden times I first met most of my friends after they dueled me xD

The way many players call dueling stealing is pretty much bizarre. It would be akin to calling it "unfair" when the other team scores a goal in a football match; when in reality, it's just a part of the game and everyone agreed to the rules before stepping on the field/signing in. Everything in life has certain advantages and disadvantages, and one of the disadvantages of being a pure worker or FFer is that you'll get dueled - it's a trade off you'll have to pay. At the heart of it, all this is a very basic principle of life - everything has a drawback and we have to learn to live with these constraints regardless of the system we're operating in.