Next Lines

DeletedUser

thought this forum needs a new game, so here's one;
Player A posts a song lyric (only one line though), and then the other players have to post the next lyric in sequence (without the aid of google), first person to get the lyric right posts the next one. Clear?

I'll start with an easy one;

I see a red door and i want to paint it black

DeletedUser28032

"I see a red door and i want to paint it black no colours any more i want them to turn black" - Paint it Black - Rolling Stones

"I was running late for a night down town"

DeletedUser28032

*Sigh* ok i'll introduce you all to the world of Thunder another time then, lets try this one instead

"They get up every morning with the alarm clocks warning and catch the 8:15 into the city"

DeletedUser

okay, I'm calling time, I googled the lyrics, and I have never heard of the band or the song.

the next one is:

The blood in my veins was running right through my brain

(and if Elymr tries to claim that this band had never been heard of outside of the UK, he needs to go into solitary confinement)

DeletedUser

You've never heard of the band or the song?? I knew the song, I just had no idea what the next line was. ;)

As for the next song, it's obscure even if the band isn't.

DeletedUser28032

The line you're looking for was "Theres a whistle up above people pushing, people shoving while girls they try to look pretty" and the version i have is by BTO

as for your song Tiger I am not too sure at the moment....

DeletedUser14006

ooh.......... I have one!

Over rocks and trees and sand
Soaring over cliffs
And gently floating down to land
She proudly lifts her voice
To sound her mating call
And soon her mate responds by singing
Caw Caw Caw
Come with me....

DeletedUser

That's more than one line.

"So they say she died easy of a broken heart disease"

DeletedUser

okay we appear to have moved on, the line you were looking for from me was; "There was a cop with a gun who was running around insane", (Bedlam In Belgium by AC/DC) and Elymr, does it really matter if it wasn't a very well known song?

DeletedUser

Elymr, does it really matter if it wasn't a very well known song?

If you want to keep the game moving without people cheating, of course it matters. If you want to stump everyone and kill the thread, carry on.

DeletedUser14006

...as I listened through the cemetery trees

Next line:

Searching for some shells, come with me...

DeletedUser563

I'm out here a thousand miles from my home..

next line: walking a road other men has gone down.. first 2 lines from "song to woody" - bob dylan ? before your time :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

Ok i'll try and revive this with a simple one

"Finished with my woman because she couldn't help me with my life"

DeletedUser

Erm... 'people think I'm insane because I'm frowning al the time' Black Sabbath - Paranoid

(might have got that one wrong, so feel free to correct me)

next line: 'young man poor man chanting in the street'

DeletedUser28032

"going be big man some day yopu got mud on your face you big disgrace waving you're banner all over the place" - Queen - We will rock you

yeah you got Paranoid right, though Ozzy had a habit of changing the words anyway

"Fly to live, live to fly, do or die"

DeletedUser

'live to fly, fly to live, aces high' Aces High, Iron Maiden.

and those weren't the actual queen lyrics, the correct answer was; 'gonna take on the world some day got blood on your face you big disgrace waving your banner all over the place'

next one

'can't salute you, we can't find a flag'

DeletedUser28032

"If that don't suit you thats a drag" Alice Cooper - Schools Out

I think i may mixed a few verses up there.

"No stops signs, speed limits"