Newest Update

DeletedUser529

Changes

Features
- Players can now send their reports to other players using BB-Code and give individual rights
- The report list now gives information about the reports in a Mouseover-Popup
- Traders now also sell the items of the top two levels to foreign players
- Bank limit was removed and replaced with a daily deposit limit and a transaction fee
- Bonus added for daily login, amount of bonus depends on experience earned on the day before.

daily deposit limit---------:nowink: Useless

Why have a daily deposit limit at all, useless LIMITATIONS in this game? It would take me more than a month and a half to deposit all my cash...another fine update.....

Bonus added for daily login, amount of bonus depends on experience earned on the day before.

I guess that EXCLUDES all the players that have worked dammed hard to get to level 99 and are sitting idle getting nothing for there efforts.....USELESS yet again........:nowink:

DeletedUser

im just curios but is the *eastern* quest in that update? im asking here cuz only w1 is affected of the update right now :p

DeletedUser

Changes

Features
- Players can now send their reports to other players using BB-Code and give individual rights
- The report list now gives information about the reports in a Mouseover-Popup
- Traders now also sell the items of the top two levels to foreign players
- Bank limit was removed and replaced with a daily deposit limit and a transaction fee
- Bonus added for daily login, amount of bonus depends on experience earned on the day before.

daily deposit limit---------:nowink: Useless

Why have a daily deposit limit at all, useless LIMITATIONS in this game? It would take me more than a month and a half to deposit all my cash...another fine update.....

Bonus added for daily login, amount of bonus depends on experience earned on the day before.

I guess that EXCLUDES all the players that have worked dammed hard to get to level 99 and are sitting idle getting nothing for there efforts.....USELESS yet again........:nowink:

The limit is being replaced by this on beta:

Home Bank Level 01: 13% fee
Home Bank Level 02: 12% fee
Home Bank Level 03: 11% fee
Home Bank Level 04: 10% fee
Home Bank Level 05: 09% fee
Home Bank Level 06: 08% fee
Home Bank Level 07: 07% fee
Home Bank Level 08: 06% fee
Home Bank Level 09: 05% fee
Home Bank Level 10: 04% fee

DeletedUser

And the fee structure is what is actually in this update, not the limit. Check your bank if you don't beleive me;)

fossil1999

useless?!:blink::huh:
well, its NOT useless for me anyway,
i need all the help i can get to get to level 99,

DeletedUser

I leave 'The West' on my browser even when I'm not actively playing.
The only time I 'log-in' is when it informs me of an "Expired Session".

How long is a "Valid Session"? 24 hours? I never paid attention.

Is This 'Bonus' to be given for a 24 hr period? OR for 24 hrs consecutively.
0:00-24:00 on the server or 14:00-14:00? (Assuming a "Daily" is 24 Hrs.)

DeletedUser

you get the bonus each day you log in. so if you log in between 00:00 and 23:59 server time, you will get the bonus from the previous day. you could log in 2 min in a row (23:59 and then a minute later at 00:00) and get the bonus exp for the day before and the day that it had just been.

i do have a question though: what is with the new question marks in the quests saloon? like quests that have been open for a long time get white question marks now.

DeletedUser10077

The loser (Billy the blind eagle)

Anyone finished this quest line yet?? :huh:

DeletedUser

I guess this is the bonus that everybody is wondering about. No offense to you Bat Masterson, but the latest updates are not totally pointless as you may think. Its not bad at all, in fact the guy gives you a thumbs up.

Untitled-18.png

DeletedUser544

I guess this is the bonus that everybody is wondering about. No offense to you Bat Masterson, but the latest updates are not totally pointless as you may think. Its not bad at all, in fact the guy gives you a thumbs up.

had you read what he said, you would see that his actual message was that the latest updates were pointless to lvl99 capped players. he was complaining because a daily XP bonus does nothing for lvl99 capped players who can't earn XP.

and I totally agree with him
so what, we slave away for 2years to get to lvl99 and then shortly after many of us make it, they release an update that now gives daily XP bonuses to everyone else
capped players get to slowly watch the entire world catch up to them, and can't do anything about it but quit out of boredom

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

had you read what he said, you would see that he said the latest updates were pointless to lvl99 capped players. he was complaining because a daily XP bonus does nothing for lvl99 capped players who can't earn XP.

and I totally agree with him
so what, we slave away for 2years to get to lvl99 and then shortly after many of us make it, they release an update that now gives daily XP bonuses to everyone else
capped players get to slowly watch the entire world catch up to them, and can't do anything about it but quit out of boredom
Well at least, that is not yet the problem of the vast majority of us. It is stated in the Western Star that they do "plan" to lift the cap. But the rest of us who have not yet reached the cap will need every amount of xp we can gain to get on top of things.

Tell you what, if they do lift the cap and make it up to 150, what should they do next, now that they have the majority of their needs, they already got good jobs, good items, good money and good dueling stats??? Lifting the cap will not really change anything for those guys, they get xp and level up further, yes, but what now??? The game is still the same as before right???

I believe that you would agree with me that what this game needs is an overall goal that will make things more interesting than what it is now. One asset, you do need Roland is maybe a little patience. You are not being forced to not play other things and find other interests, right??? We are not really the creators of this game and the fact is this is just a game and people like us do not really fully understand the complexity of how this game is made.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The bonus really isn't that big. See Daily XP Bonus. If it's a little easier to get to 99 now, that makes it that much more meaningful if you got there before.

Deleted User - 1278415

I killed off my w1 character to start on w12 so im not able to easily test for myself.

So this home bank % fee... can this be explained? Ive heard it bounced around in the ideas/developer blog... is this the 1) when I goto my town and deposit my money in my personal bank i get charged a fee?!? or is this the 2nd feature about going to another town bank and depositing $ and your charged a fee to send it back to your home town bank??

And if it is #1 where I'm charged a fee on my earned money does it go back to magic west land it came from or does it goto the town treasury where it should go??

Also how does this transaction fee affect those of us who leave town and join another town to shop... i guess if we don't deposit when we visit... but then when we go back to home town we get taxed again on our money when we deposit it?

hope im just overreading into it.

DeletedUser17351

The daily XP bonus surprised me!

I had 2 players (w10 & w12) doing low value jobs to avoid levelling up while I had a meeting. When I got back, and logged in again, they had both levelled up :p

Billy the Blind Eagle quest: Is there a thread about this somewhere? I can't tell whether I'm meant to win or lose... The requirements say to "Defeat Billy the blind eagle", but Maya asks "But don't let him look too bad..." This implies to me that maybe knocking him out might be a bad thing :laugh:

DeletedUser

You have to beat billy, then you have to lose to him. I had to take all my stuff off and not dodge at all. Which reminds me that I should make sure I'm set to dodge.

DeletedUser

BTW, the unknown reward turns out to be a good chunk of money, so don't complete the quest unless you're close to your town or need it to spend right away.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)

Untitled-18.png

I've already blocked that :D

DeletedUser17351

You have to beat billy, then you have to lose to him. I had to take all my stuff off and not dodge at all. Which reminds me that I should make sure I'm set to dodge.
Do you lose the precise pepperbox revolver? And if you do, is the cash enough to buy a new one?!? :rolleyes: