Newbie Starter Guide

DeletedUser

Brand New and already stuck, feel really dumb.....
I can't complete the 2nd quest of Scare away the crows and it wont let me start another one...sniff, sniff

You accepted the quest? You found the job "scaring birds off the field"? You did the job for 10 mins?

DeletedUser20104

2 hours is better as you will rarely find products working for just 10 min

DeletedUser

Is better to work 2h or 12x 10min?

If you have 50% chance to find a product, you can find it every 30 minutes at the 50%. So for 2 hours you have 4 chances. If you do 10 minute segments you will have 50/3=16.6%, which means doing any job for 10 minutes is a waste of energy.

Always do at least 30 minutes.

DeletedUser

Statistically, you'll find an equal number of products in one 2-hour shift or twelve 10-minute shifts.

Beans are a 60% drop, or a 20% drop doing 10 minutes.

30 minutes: 1/0.6 ≈ 1.667 30-minute shifts to find 1 beans = 50 minutes on average
10 minutes: 1/0.2 ≈ 5 10-minute shifts to find 1 beans = 50 minutes on average

Still, I trust the game more with a 60% drop.

The only thing better about shorter jobs is that your motivation is higher, but the effects are miniscule and the RL time requirements are ridiculous. Do you have premium automation? Do you really want to schedule work every 20 minutes?

DeletedUser

When do I reach level 2? is it when all my exp points reach 14/14?

DeletedUser

Statistically, you'll find an equal number of products in one 2-hour shift or twelve 10-minute shifts.

Beans are a 60% drop, or a 20% drop doing 10 minutes.

30 minutes: 1/0.6 ≈ 1.667 30-minute shifts to find 1 beans = 50 minutes on average
10 minutes: 1/0.2 ≈ 5 10-minute shifts to find 1 beans = 50 minutes on average

Still, I trust the game more with a 60% drop.

The only thing better about shorter jobs is that your motivation is higher, but the effects are miniscule and the RL time requirements are ridiculous. Do you have premium automation? Do you really want to schedule work every 20 minutes?

In an ideal scenario yes, but I believe 30 minutes will always be better, even when we disregard real live issues.

You get 1 chance at 60%, which is a lot. At 10 minutes you get 3 chances at 20%. Now the catch is, you can't multiply them. It's like rolling a 100-sided dice 3 times. Every time there is 80% chance you will fail, while at 30 minutes there is only 40% chance to fail.

And here comes luck, there is a theoretical possibility you will never get any item. Anyway an item with 60% drop rate will definitely be found, no matter if it's 30 minutes or 10. But if we take a fishing rod with 3% chance and a reduced 1% for every 10 minutes I am quite sure I will choose working longer.

DeletedUser

I'm not saying I recommend it, especially as the drop chance gets lower, but even with sugar, when I need one, I pick sugarcane for 30 minutes.

DeletedUser

I think in jobs it needs to be mentioned that a product with 100% chance to be found does not mean that it is guaranteed you will find one but that on average you will get one item for every 30 minutes of work you do.

i.e after 5 hours of picking tobacco(which has 100% chance to find an item) you would on average have 10 tobacco leaves.

This would mean that after ten minutes there is only a 33.3% chance or 1/3 of finding a tobacco leaf.

DeletedUser

I think in jobs it needs to be mentioned that a product with 100% chance to be found does not mean that it is guaranteed you will find one but that on average you will get one item for every 30 minutes of work you do.

i.e after 5 hours of picking tobacco(which has 100% chance to find an item) you would on average have 10 tobacco leaves.

This would mean that after ten minutes there is only a 33.3% chance or 1/3 of finding a tobacco leaf.

In that case, I think the shown percentage is not what it truly is. When I pick tobacco for 30 min, sometimes I don't get the product; while theoretically we should get it every time we do 30 min shift. On the other hand, it is significantly rare that I get none whiskey. It's always 2 or more; even getting 1 whiskey is rare.

DeletedUser

wut pure builder ?

wut pure builder can do ethier make building..?? can someone tell me

DeletedUser

apex your questions are confusing.
If you want to be a pure builder, you'll choose a worker class with all AP in Strength and all SP in Construction.

DeletedUser

A builder builds, does quests and jobs like any other class and when a builder gets tired of building, can reskill to dueler and duel.

DeletedUser

wut must i do if i want be a pure hider..? pls some1 tell me..were i can put my ap n sp

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Put all your skill points in hiding and all attribute points in mobility.