Newbie Question on Adventurer (Trapping spec)

DeletedUser

Hi all

I started the west 5 days ago and am enjoying this game immensely.

I read some guide and decided to go as adventurer/trapping build. However, I have 2 questions:

1) After hunting grizzly bears, what will be the next "good job" for leveling or for money making for a trapper?

2) Should I be focusing on trapping untill i m lv 100+? i heard some ppl say trappers can add some in shooting; how much should i add in shooting? what do you suggest?

thank u in advance for your helpful replies

DeletedUser

Hi KingsleerVLSSX
When it comes to choosing which jobs are best for levelling up, you have two choices. You can use the in-game calculator: Click on the Work icon at the bottom of the page, choose your duration of time, then click the star at the top which will sort your jobs by experience gained...
Or (what I do), install whichever 'Monkey' your browser uses, (Greasemonkey for Firefox, Tampermonkey for Chrome etc.) then install the ClothCalc from TW-DB.info (do not type www at the beginning.)
With either one, you can sort your jobs by experience, cash, luck etc.
I hope that helps. If not, ask away and I or someone else will be happy to help you. :)

DeletedUser

Thank you John for ur kind answer

In fact by asking in game I have gotten direct answers to my question; i will list here to help future newbies:

1) there is not job that is very good with trapping after grizzly bears untill very high level
2) due to 1), one should not pure trapping; in fact I suppose once you can do grizzly bears job u should switch to other skills. Since I wanna play as a "jobber" and many good late game income-oriented jobs require trading skill. I plan to be adding in trading only from lv 29 onward

DeletedUser22685

Thank you John for ur kind answer

In fact by asking in game I have gotten direct answers to my question; i will list here to help future newbies:

1) there is not job that is very good with trapping after grizzly bears untill very high level
2) due to 1), one should not pure trapping; in fact I suppose once you can do grizzly bears job u should switch to other skills. Since I wanna play as a "jobber" and many good late game income-oriented jobs require trading skill. I plan to be adding in trading only from lv 29 onward

Most guides recommending pure trapping are probably years old, dating back before the first round of new jobs was released and hunting grizzly bears was still one of the best jobs in the game.

DeletedUser

Most guides recommending pure trapping are probably years old, dating back before the first round of new jobs was released and hunting grizzly bears was still one of the best jobs in the game.

well said, I personally think hunting bears still a top early game exp job. Compare to trading skill oriented jobs, trapping jobs give much higher exp. Not just bears, hunting wovles and coyotes also not bad. That being said, I think after bears, there s nothing much more worth unlocking with trapping.

Hence I chose to diverge to trading

DeletedUser22685

well said, I personally think hunting bears still a top early game exp job. Compare to trading skill oriented jobs, trapping jobs give much higher exp. Not just bears, hunting wovles and coyotes also not bad. That being said, I think after bears, there s nothing much more worth unlocking with trapping.

Hence I chose to diverge to trading

Back in the time period I mentioned, coyotes > wolves > bears was the exact progression pure trappers aimed for, with hunting buffalo and a few other jobs also adding decent cash and exp. After hunting bears was unlocked, I used to switch to charisma/leadership until construct a manor house was unlocked and then to shooting for mercenary work, robbing trains, serving in the army, etc.

Things have changed vastly now and it's been a long time since I relied on a jobbing build to level up. Construction and duelling are both faster. I couldn't even tell you now which pure skill will unlock the best jobs as you level up, aside from construction which is still extremely solid even without taking church building into account. Trading is probably the most popular non-combative skill once levelling up is no longer a priority, due to jobs like TM.

DeletedUser

to be honest though. the current newbie guide stickied is NO LONGER A VALID GUIDE FOR NEW PLAYERS; can anyone do an updated version of the beginner guide?

DeletedUser38288

Hello y'all :)

Im Adventurer, lvl 37 now, also with Dex/Trap build. After grizzly, Im switched to Dex/Shooting, and Im now need 27 points for Serving in Army. The best jobs I have so far are: Grizzly hunt, Buffalo hunt, wolves, coyotes, construct manor house. I will be a future fort fighter, so whats the best choice for the future: Continue with Dex/Shooting or switch to Dex/Leadership, Charisma/Leadership or Charisma/Trade?

DeletedUser23252

word of advice be careful of pure builds a pure trapper build will not allow you to get the golden weapons unless you respec and trust me it adds up to a lot of gold I rerspeced to get the golden gun and saber, then to get the rifle, I needed a lot of points in swimming for a quest and I had too respec again for the animal spirit quest

DeletedUser38288

word of advice be careful of pure builds a pure trapper build will not allow you to get the golden weapons unless you respec and trust me it adds up to a lot of gold I rerspeced to get the golden gun and saber, then to get the rifle, I needed a lot of points in swimming for a quest and I had too respec again for the animal spirit quest

So whats your recommendation?