New world!

• Thread starter DeletedUser20647
  • Start date

delldell56

vic, a couple of things. i doubt you'll see an army of ubber tanks. there will be some tanks now, as every side playing that world will try to improve their chances, that's good. you'll also see more players investing in gear and guns, that can't be bad either considering the amount of lvl 100 players firing rusty muskets currently. a lot of old fort fighters who have been avoiding battles are now willing to return, and many who were thinking of deleting their characters this month are reconsidering. battles have declined because players don't find them challenging. and we've seen more onliners later than in a year, so i take it as a good sign. the world still has lots of good players, but they need to get interested again.

you know what's the main reason drawing those good fort fighters to w8 now? it's not the theory of world domination. many of us play opposite sides in other worlds, and this is giving us a chance to play together. for one time, we are playing with people we like, people we didn't know before but now are close to, and people we adore and dragged here with us just because we wouldn't want to play without. as i said before, some are getting proactive and countering us with our own weapons. do you think those new players joining to fight back would have joined a dead world before seeing those new names willing to go through the pain of low levels again?

DeletedUser

Appreciate the change of tact Vic.

I don't think you are going to see many tanks on W8, most new starters seem to be playing dueler or worker.

Will look forward to catching you at some battles, lets get the activity in this world ramped up :)

DeletedUser16008

I get the wish to play together and all that could or might happen for the good and I hope thats exactly what happens ...ive said my piece, heck i know over 70% there myself and your all cool players so ill leave you to get on with it with no more ragging from me.

Ill pop along to the occasional dust up just so you can shoot at me .. i know youd love to get a ko on ol Vic ;)

Still gonna be going for a 3k + duel on gaga tho just for my vanity :p

Nisa

It's amusing to see the two big alliances of W8 join forces against 1 town of lv 30's :laugh:

Didnt you guys originally join The Others alliance and started digging on FoM forts to get revenge..cause someone doesn't like Tequila Joe. Thats why you joined this world no?

Obviously you changed your story now. You will get strong enough soon . Have fun.

delldell56

hum, wrong story, nisa. to set the record straight: i was with the others alliance for a year or so. always fought with that side because wally dragged me into battles there, and later i befriended nimri, prinston, aarwolf and others. gaga took over ryan perez around december 10th and joined me. we started the recruitment process slowly on dec. 15 (three joined on the 13rd and the 14th because they were accidentally online when i was talking about this), handpicking among our close game friends, who joined because they are our friends. starting 2012, she called two battles for two small forts 8 hours apart; tequila joe claimed that was a multi because he couldn't fill both (even though the same people defending the first could have gone to defend the second. they were two smalls, and they had 8 hours to travel and recover, just as we did). that's when we found out that the original ryan and tj had a feud, and he used it as an excuse to justify his multi/revenge story. we didn't even know previously they have a history. in fact, most of our members don't even know who tequila joe is.

Nisa

okay thank you , so then you recruited ppl cause of this :

xxxxx, level xx from yyyy (27) Quote from World xxx

l8dygaga has started a town on w8 with the intent to take all of the forts there. If you don't know who she is, she is the person who did this http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=586514&postcount=117 and that http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=575246&postcount=311, among other things. So, the call goes out all of you die-hard fort fighters out there! When asking for an invite there, just mention me and that should be enough. Thanks, all! :D
Written On 12/28/11 at 7:31 PM
----
its not about the world domination either right?

delldell56

thanks for clarifying, nisa. i know there are a lot of rumours running about this, and all i can say is that people isn't even bothering to make sure if that's true or just rumours. i can tell you those are rumours. and you know what they say about rumours: someone starts one, and it grows like a snowball with many people adding stuff to it. whether is true or not becomes irrelevant at some point, because they'll keep adding new "details", and people will believe whatever they want.

i think you are seasoned enough in this game to understand that world domination is utopic. you are active on w11 and used to be very active on w12, always playing for the big alliances. so, you realize that people always talk world domination, even though we all know it's not really possible nor easy to achieve. will always do. but tides turn, and one side dominates for a while, then luck switches and favours the other side. and so on. so, yeah, someone can toy with the idea but, would they be able to pull it and make it happen?

as i've said repeatedly, and you can ask many of our mutual friends to confirm, this idea was born as an opportunity for us to play together in a neutral territory. i've done most of the recruiting so far (basically because i was there from the very beginning, so for a while it was me or me). first person i asked was canufeelit, who happened to be online at the wrong time (for him) and was sucked up into this. second person was quincunx, who is one of the leaders of dbd on w12, and was also accidentally online to wish me happy holidays, and he brought his best friend eeyam with him (we've become kinda inseparable since). then, it was thecarbine, another enemy on that world. same happened to jimmyclever. and i always wanted to play with djrowland on the same side, in the same town, so i made him join too. we were having lots of fun hanging out together so, by then i knew i wanted to have all the people i like there as well. most of us travel in packs (i will not play without bebeka or kromagnon anymore; will drag tbom with me if he is there; and had to push my other heroes as well, regardless of how active they can be or not. the zion-kimball group does the same), so the ball keeps rolling; some are foes in different worlds, not just w11 and w12 or colorado, but older worlds. it was our redemption, after months of drama. it was a fresh start for many of us; we are making sure we don't cross world grudges; and most have fallen in love with the game again after this. isn't that what the game should be about? some players already in that world joined us because they loved the idea of making it active again, and they know this bunch could make it happen. so, this is the main reason why you are seeing all those names together. it's people i play with and like, love, adore and/or respect. people i fight against but admire and respect, and want to get to know better.

i can tell you that there is one person i haven't pushed into this but would love to: elmyr. i have talked to him about this, asked to join but haven't tried hard because i know i would put him between a sword and a hard place if he had to choose between his beloved legion (and you) or us. and i don't have the heart to do that to him. now, if world domination was our mail goal, you bet i wouldn't care that much and would really harass him until he joined us. and i wouldn't be handpicking players, but going mass-mailing instead.

Nisa

quality > quantity

We have all seen Ryan Perez + 3k hp player winning a fort against 11 defenders.
I do understand you want a be a part of great group of players, any active fort fighter would like that and go to battles with pleasure but you also need a good opponent or you'll be the only side having fun ( or not after some time? )

All handpicked players are skilled enough (although low lvls atm), but they sure do know how to use their skills and lvl up fast and you dont need to take every single fort to dominate on world. By taking players who were already on w8 you are only weakening existing alliances even more.
When The Others kicked your town from alliance and proposed to their enemy ( who were happily 'hating' each other for years)they all agreed it's only temporarily. While some people are fine with it , there are some who will never accept that. If it lasts too long some of them will probably end up in your alliance or quit.
I am all for bringing back life to dead worlds bit it can be fun only if sides are balanced.Otherwise it will only create more drama , different drama, with different people on some other world weather you like it or not.
Personally i was planning to focus mainly on w4, w11 and Colorado battles while w8 was my merchant/crafting world.
I applaud you for the idea of livening up the battles and getting more players to join the world but sides need to be balanced if you want to make it fun for everyone.

btw, ever thought of idea of getting an great team and ganging up on for example.. Poles? :p

DeletedUser

hey Nisa,

i'm getting my ass kicked in w4 so hard, that i need to start winning somewhere :)
However, don't underestimate old w8 alliances. I'm 100% sure they won't be easy prey.
Who knows in which direction will this all go, you all have possible options but we never know what might happen.

DeletedUser19385

hey Nisa,

i'm getting my ass kicked in w4 so hard, that i need to start winning somewhere :)
However, don't underestimate old w8 alliances. I'm 100% sure they won't be easy prey.
Who knows in which direction will this all go, you all have possible options but we never know what might happen.

You getting dueled a lot Srecica? Cause you dont attend our attacks which is where we get our asses kicked on W4..

DeletedUser

You getting dueled a lot Srecica? Cause you dont attend our attacks which is where we get our asses kicked on W4..

Well you just jinxed it cause we just got our assess kicked on defense also. :p
Attacks are no longer fun, interesting, challeging or rewarding. Just good old suicide.

DeletedUser19385

Haha :laugh: yes i might have jinxed it but think it had more to do with time of day (you have noticed they only win on odd battle-times?) and then for some reason onliners not focussing on blocking the flag..

Usually its not rewarding etc for them to attack us but someone needs to attack if we are to have good battles. Not sure FAE had a good time last battle not killing a single one of us.. Actually its kind of boring if you already are sure to win one and there is nothing better than winning a battle being underdogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I almost never weigh in on any Forum subject, but this is one of those subjects where something should be said, even if it has to be by me.

I'm surprised at all the crying and screaming which I see here and elsewhere in W8. Folks, if you're afraid of a little competition, regardless of its origin, you can pack it up and go on permanent vacation. Some players already have, and other are threatening to do so. You can either play the game, you can capitulate to external circumstances and people, or you can quit. It's that simple.

Who cares who players comprising The Other Guys 'really' are? Does it matter about their experience in other worlds or their intentions? (How many people have tried world conquest before, and how many have actually succeeded?) Elmyr's comment in this thread about world conquest is very true on several levels; nothing more need be said regarding that subject.

So where does that leave us? The fact of the matter is that new players are entering W8, and many of them are under the auspices of The Other Guys (or whatever their current moniker is). That's a big plus for us all! But, because some folks in leadership positions are concerned about their real estate holdings AND their placid way of life here, these new folks can present certain problems. I agree with that! But, the way in which to resolve this situation is to buck up and strategize, use diplomacy, and engage force to get what you want. It's NOT to whine about how unfair the situation is (or what alliances it will threaten, or what relic of W8's illustrious history it will break, or any other argument which simply equates to we-don't-want-to-lose-what-we-have) by trying to limit the types and numbers of people who want to enter into the field of play. That type of thinking leads to dead worlds, something about which we are all concerned in one way or another.

Simply stated, you're not going to stop these people from entering the game here, so you have a choice: slug it out, give up, or quit playing. Given the names and achievements of the people who have contributed to this thread, I would hope that everybody pursues the first option instead of the latter two. Don't be afraid of a little competition!

So, let's stop whining and get back to playing the game!!!

aardwolf1

P.S. I would be interested in any and all of the W8 'leadership,' regardless of affiliation or alliance, to publicly weigh in on the subject. No pressure.... ;)

DeletedUser

I just joined cause I thought it would be interesting to try to start up a dud of a world. It seems silly to complain about how we are going to ruin a world, that looks like it is mostly dead. Of the people that are here, most are high level. It would be easy for a little re-spec for them to try to make for some fun fort battles on w8.

Nisa

Nobody is complaining about reviving the half dead world.You as a third party, that recently joined are supporting one side only so it doesn't look like you are looking for fun battles .

DeletedUser

Like I said it will be pretty easy for a quick re-spec for most to make some fun battles. We'll see how it goes. ;)

DeletedUser

OH, and a reminder to everyone (call it an ad), we're still looking for new recruits on W8 (new players, old players, retired, whatever).

'Cause like aardwolf said, it's all about fun, regardless of what side you join.

BUT, if you want to join the Saints or Giants, b/c there are other relatively young (ie not-high-level yet) players there, mixed with some oldies like RP/aard/me (to name just a few), then tele me on W8 (or RP) and we'll send you an invitation! ;-)

Edit: Need to credit delldell too. Sorry I left you off the original note!

delldell56

No worries, supra. My work is done and now is time to thank the likes of Jouais, Hoopsguy and Zobel, among others. Each new member has done their share to make this happen :D

How cool a battle was this? http://www.westforts.com/en8/battles/battle/14849

Note the difference in levels, guns and HP in the replay. Note that the attackers also have added some great names. Even though it wasn't a full battle, it was a nice close one, regardless the outcome. It looks promising, and makes a point in that a dead world can be revived and refreshed. The key to keep players interested is in raising the standards, not lowering them.