New world release date?

DeletedUser35101

Didn't we already have Game ending servers? Weren't they called: Fort battle game server, Horseball game server, Speed game server?
Servers that were made with one goal only... win in some aspect of game and be deleted from it afterwards. Some players were interested in going for those but many weren't.

There was some talk about more of those...
https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/events-moving-onto-the-next-level.57349/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37529

I am happy for those who want to play on the "new" The West Classic, and wish them all the best, I hope it is a great success. I am a fort fighter, and will not be there, no offense, just not my thing.

I would like to see a world that had perhaps no tombolas, no super upgrade gear, I feel those have hurt our worlds, folks are busy filling friendship bars, scraping for in game currency for over powered gear to upgrade.

A world where forts were damaged in fort battles, and had to be repaired, a world where periodically forts were totally reset, to no owners and having to be rebuilt, perhaps annually from the opening date.. the only gear would come from shops or quest lines .. worlds would not have to be re opened, new worlds would not be needed .. I would be open to any discussion of such a thing, or ideas on it.. we have long discussed it within our own worlds that are dwindling to non activity..

Agfob

classic world was a blast! :)
would be great to have a semi classic world, that included fort battles.
like a world shortly before V2 was released or so :)

DeletedUser8627

classic world was a blast! :)
would be great to have a semi classic world, that included fort battles.
like a world shortly before V2 was released or so :)

I do not believe this is possible on the current EN server. We are not able to host one world on one version of the game while other worlds are on other versions of the game.

If we had to host something like this, a new server or a sub domain of this server would need to be created which is not a desirable action InnoGames would like to take.

DeletedUser26820

A new world? Please, NO !!!

If anything, combine worlds. Don't offer migration, just combine worlds.
Pick up my toon just as it is, my town just as it is, and set it into the same spot on a new server with another world.
Combine Briscoe and Arizona and call it Brazona or Ariscoe.

Briscoe has had 9 FF's this month, and the attackers haven't filled the last 2 small FF attacks.

New worlds aren't needed. New energies are. Maybe a change of scenery would promote that.
Migration is not an option. We've now got toons at over 3000 hours of church construction and churches getting close to L300.
Don't kill that by closing a server. Just move/combine it with another server.

DeletedUser22685

Pick up my toon just as it is, my town just as it is, and set it into the same spot on a new server with another world.

Briscoe has had 9 FF's this month, and the attackers haven't filled the last 2 small FF attacks.

New worlds aren't needed. New energies are. Maybe a change of scenery would promote that.
Migration is not an option. We've now got toons at over 3000 hours of church construction and churches getting close to L300.
You've got one character; most people have more. Easy to say that they should just combine worlds as they are when you don't stand to lose anything, but the solution is going to be a lot more complicated than that when you have to cater to the people who play on multiple worlds.

bosurker

I do not believe this is possible on the current EN server. We are not able to host one world on one version of the game while other worlds are on other versions of the game.

If we had to host something like this, a new server or a sub domain of this server would need to be created which is not a desirable action InnoGames would like to take.

Would it be possible to take the current version of the game, and just refrain from including Tombollas in such a world? I've heard ideas tossed around to make such worlds Subscription-Based, but I feel the revenue from VIP Bonuses and Chests alone on such a world would at least make it appealing to those who might consider it. Perhaps instead of Tombollas, have events on certain Holidays where chests in the Union Pacific Shop are discounted encouraging players to go after some of those classic shiny items that might just be best in slot! It seems most players embrace Tombollas on the worlds they play (as there is no point setting yourself behind everyone else out of a feeling of moral superiority), but would rather play on a world where sets don't scale with your level, and ridiculous set bonuses are non-existent. There would be a few exceptions on such a world (like the scaling Products found on 100+ Jobs), but I feel the community would be willing to embrace those few items being available. Making such a world would most certainly increase longevity on such a world where Huge Experience boosts via Sets don't exist and players can spend their hard earned money upgrading sets from shops - making all those buildings useful again.

Something along those lines would be a nice compromise as far as I can see - and with the exception of event sets nothing on the world has really changed / needs to be updated.

Just a thought, curious to see if it's something that can be done (coming from a premium player).

DeletedUser26820

You've got one character; most people have more. Easy to say that they should just combine worlds as they are when you don't stand to lose anything, but the solution is going to be a lot more complicated than that when you have to cater to the people who play on multiple worlds.

Futu --
If we can agree that the situation is already complicated, we can agree that a new world, the topic of this thread, is not a solution or best option.

Unless it's a new world that combines worlds....
I'll stand behind my suggestion that Arizona and Briscoe be combined, for an example.
All toons and towns be dropped into a new server exactly as they are, where they're located and placed, etc.

How many overlapping toons do we have between those 2 servers? How many toons are going to lose a character? 2%?? 5%??

There are solutions for that also. Allow the overlapped toon to go to another server like Colorado or Fairbanks or Galveston.

In the end, a new world is not a solution until it's a combination of current worlds.

DeletedUser

How many overlapping toons do we have between those 2 servers? How many toons are going to lose a character? 2%?? 5%??

There are solutions for that also. Allow the overlapped toon to go to another server like Colorado or Fairbanks or Galveston.

In the end, a new world is not a solution until it's a combination of current worlds.

Remember that you cannot have character move from full premium to not-full premium (or whatever it is called) world like Colorado (keep Colo clean!!!)

Also, there is solution for this and is already under way: keep killing worlds and losing players until enough of them delete so they can start with combining worlds.

DeletedUser26820

I'm not an advocate of "you cannot...." when it can be done.
The game hosts, if they really wanted to, can move a full premium toon to a not-full premium world.
If that toon had purchased sp's/ap's, deduct them, reward back relative nuggets, give them a potion of forgiveness and let them reskill.
Respectfully, don't say it can't be done. For it can be done if the hosts of the game want it done.

asdf124

Remember that you cannot have character move from full premium to not-full premium (or whatever it is called) world like Colorado (keep Colo clean!!!)

Also, there is solution for this and is already under way: keep killing worlds and losing players until enough of them delete so they can start with combining worlds.
Weird, w1 isn't premium yet you cannot go to colorado :D :D

DeletedUser8627

@bosurker
From a technical aspect, this I believe is possible but I'm unsure the impact it would have on the other worlds. I have a suspicion that if it is removed from one world on a server, it will be removed on all worlds on that server. Similar to that of different versions of the game on the same server which is not technically possible without some development being thrown in there. But again, I am unsure what impact it would have on other worlds if a tombola is removed from one world.
The only time an event like a tombola would be removed from a world is when there is an event running, like what is being done on the event server. No tombolas will be present during our events we host there. I do not see this ever happening on a regular server like EN.

@deiben
Many suggestions have come in about combining worlds or a way to get more players together in one world. The solution that seemed the best so there were not too many casualties and players losing characters was to offer migration routes. That is what was given and that is how we continue forward when new worlds eventually open here on our server. Two worlds will be closing in the near future too when we receive a new world.
Of course there are other things that can be done, we are not limited in the sense that we cannot do things the player wants, but there are a lot more factors involved than just what the players wants. When decisions like these are made, they are done for specific reasons.

@All
But let's keep this thread more on topic about a release date on a new world rather than concentrating on the older worlds.

Thanks!

DeletedUser38295

altho this doesn't follow in line with your guys. You are all discussing the .net worlds ( it's the .net forum). The .net worlds are already dying... image how it is on the smaller servers (like .nl par example). When the new world opened, the previous world (fair opened), El Dorado, was dead within weeks. There are about 300-400 active players on the whole server and an other world would destroy our newest world ( which is Fairbanks). We have been shouting at the mods of our server, but they can't do anything. The dev's don't listen to them. We have even asked if we could migrate the .nl server to .net. But that wasn't possible either. Over the last year, I've players leave who are just bored we the game, because the worlds are getting too empty. This are players that have spend very much money on this game and are just getting abandoned by inno. And for the new world, just don't.

DeletedUser22685

Futu --
If we can agree that the situation is already complicated, we can agree that a new world, the topic of this thread, is not a solution or best option.

Unless it's a new world that combines worlds....
I'll stand behind my suggestion that Arizona and Briscoe be combined, for an example.
All toons and towns be dropped into a new server exactly as they are, where they're located and placed, etc.

I haven't seen you around in a while, which might explain why you're ignoring the fact that this thread is over two months old and the fact that I argued quite extensively in opposition of a new world being opened. If not, I don't really understand why you're responding as though I've tried to advocate it in some way.

Either way, you've arbitrarily selected two servers and claimed that there'd be minimal impact if they were combined. If you do a search you'll find that I'm completely in favour of world closures and migrations, but just because you don't want to lose your church points or something similar doesn't mean worlds can simply be combined with no sacrifice or consequence. If it were possible we would have pushed for it long ago.

Al35ul

Pick up your town, exactly how it is and put it in the exact same place on the new works o_O? What if there's another town on Arizona in the same spot? (I actually checked and there is).