New World - Idaho

asdf124

Going off topic but it saves me creating another thread, does anyone actually play the adventure mode?

Having not played for years I look forward to dueling and fort fighting again but after taking a look at adventures, it feels more like a backward step in imagination and innovation and I'd go as far to say that if I were the boss man at Inno that I would have fired who ever brought that idea to the table.
I feel that adventures is the game mode that had potential to be better than duels/fort battles. The lack of actual improvement to it is what made its demise.
The bear hunt in the initial teaser was a great mode, but having not many game modes or maps made it feel dull.

Heck, could have made a competition to make a new adventure map.

I made an adventure matchmaking idea which lacked going forward. Due to god knows. It is needed for better matchmaking , so I guess it doesn’t actually make much sense financially.

Login page says:
"Tired of your town? A brand new world will open the 17/10."

So, it's October 17. And that start with what is practically an invitation to leave your current town? Very nice, thank you Inno for inviting people to leave the old worlds. Why not just pull the plug and get this over with?

If it is profitable, why would they pull out the plugs?

Pankreas PorFavor

If it is profitable, why would they pull out the plugs?

this is a serious question?
why pull the plug on a game that had millions of players and now they call worlds like Dakota (963 players right now) "highly populated"? really? why pull the plug? of course they will keep it open for just one player if he'll spend enough to make it profitable, but that's not really the point of my post. they can kill it slowly, they can kill it quickly. they can have customers that will be satisfied and keep coming back, or do whatever they're doing now. there's profit now, and then there's the future of your company. you had millions of customers, and you lost almost all of them. why pull the plug?!?

Harsha..

It's certainly true that they keep certain worlds open for the sake of a few specific players. I've checked and running a world on a server actually costs only a few hundred dollars a month or so. Every event they give out special event winner weapons and particular players, spend money to get those weapons easily on inactive worlds, something which they will stop doing if pushed to large, more active worlds where getting the weapons is more expensive.

DeletedUser

What time will the server (Idaho) start?
9:00 a.m. GMT+2?

Thank you.

Harsha..

Those of you here playing the beta know how the Day of the dead event works. It's a very chancey event and unless you spend nuggets, you wont have a chance to get the full set. let alone the animal and weapon sets.

I'm sure you guys know where I'm going with this

A new world opens now, and by the time the event ends, big spenders will have an upgraded Zapata and Joaquin set, these players will go around with 200 resistance/150 bonus sector damage while the rest of the "free" players will play around with their cotton jackets and precise Winchesters. There wont be enough time to collect bonds for Xmas, so this kind of imbalance in FFs in Idaho will last for a very very long time till they release some other FF set or till Xmas 2019.

It'll be worse for the brand new, inexperienced players. In older worlds, such players can get piz and amish from older players and still stay competitive. But in Idaho that wont be possible and they wont bother playing FFs. My view is, making Idaho the "recommended world" is a bad idea.

Pankreas PorFavor

Those of you here playing the beta know how the Day of the dead event works. It's a very chancey event and unless you spend nuggets, you wont have a chance to get the full set. let alone the animal and weapon sets.

7th day of the event, and I already have one neckband. :rolleyes:
14 turns so far:
9x death card right away = 65%
5x a buff or a medal > go to stage II > 3x death card, 1 lucky box (went to stage III = death card) and 1x Murietta's scarf that I took.

1/14 = 7% chance to reach stage III, and it was a death card. Stage IV or V? LOL

My view is, making Idaho the "recommended world" is a bad idea.

My view is, making Idaho is a bad idea.

asdf124

7th day of the event, and I already have one neckband. :rolleyes:
14 turns so far:
9x death card right away = 65%
5x a buff or a medal > go to stage II > 3x death card, 1 lucky box (went to stage III = death card) and 1x Murietta's scarf that I took.

1/14 = 7% chance to reach stage III, and it was a death card. Stage IV or V? LOL

My view is, making Idaho is a bad idea.
I got a coat already, you just have to guess the right path. It isn't random, just once you click the spin, the path has already been generated.

Harsha..

Realistically speaking for each stage, probability should be

I - 50%
II - 25%
III - 12.5%
IV - 6.25%
V - 3.125%

Assuming someone spends €100, 4000 nuggets on extra games, that's 160 more chances. Equivalent to roughly 10 successful level 3. Those can easily be converted to successful level 4s with nugget bribes. Anything's possible with nuggets :p

Pankreas PorFavor

I got a coat already, you just have to guess the right path. It isn't random, just once you click the spin, the path has already been generated.

it is still early to tell, but I always start with the same card. if you always pick left, or you always pick right - you should be right 50% of the time. but I'm wrong 2/3

Edit:
today was 50-50. Picked the death card first, then got a buff on the second. Went to stage II to get another death card :D Day like any other LOL

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Heh, having fun with "J" world yet (like did with Idaho)?? Well, enjoy while you can, worst P2W Gamble DotD is coming in few days.

I wish I knew what I was going into with Idaho. But how could I know coming back after 10 years.

Note to self; always be suspicious of "Recommended"

Last edited: